LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dietitians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
What can you expect from our internship program?
LMC will provide each intern or volunteer with enhanced opportunities to learn more complex roles and responsibilities. LMC ensures that we will provide the intern or volunteer with notable work projects and opportunities for further development. A deeper awareness of your full potential will ultimately create more opportunities for you in a permanent future role, whether with LMC or another healthcare organization.
You will gain experience in:
- Reception, patient Registration and the complex follow-up care arrangements
- Managing telephone inquires effectively
- Working with physicians in administrating their patients’ follow-up care plans
- Liaising with medical laboratories, diagnostic imaging facilities and hospitals
- Management of all patient appointments and physicians' schedules appropriately
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and shipments
- Preparing and documenting correctly in an electronic medical chart environment
- Liaise with, and manage the processes of third party insurance providers
- Assist with medical billing data management
If you are interested in volunteering or interning with LMC, please respond to this ad with your resume and please be sure to write “Intern” or “Volunteer” in the subject line.