LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dietitians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is in need of a Medical Billings Clerk who can work for us full-time, on a 6-month contract at our head office location in mid-town Toronto.
The position is responsible for processing of the provincial health insurance and private insurance billings, and collection of accounts receivable.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Process and submit billings to provincial health insurance plan (OHIP)
- Correct and resubmit rejected error claims in a timely and accurate manner
- Reconcile payments received
- Issuance of invoices to patients and third party payers
- Send out past due reminder invoices to payers
- Make follow-up phone calls to payers on a regular basis to keep accounts current
- Investigate and resolve payer inquiries related to payment issues and disputes
- Assist in other duties as needed
- Previous proven billings and accounts receivable experience in health care industry
- Accounting or Business Degree or Diploma would be an asset
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner and problem solving skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of health care billing software (Abelmed), Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
We offer a competitive salary, ongoing career development opportunities and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team.
If you wish to be part of this exciting team, please your resume to this ad posting.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.