LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs: .
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is looking for a Medical Assistant to work for us a on a full-time basis. This position will be located at our clinic in Thornhill.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the flow of patients in the examination and treatment areas to ensure efficient use of the facility and the Physician's schedule
- Ensure proper documentation (i.e. patient information and forms are accurate in patient chart) and when necessary liaising with medical laboratories and/or Physician offices for appropriate patient documentation
- Prepare patient for physician evaluation, including but not limited to, measuring vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, height, weight, and BMI and record information on patient's chart appropriately
- Conduct ECGs (electrocardiograms) as per Physician's direction
- Identify patients for possible participation in a Research Study
- Take patient medical and social history
- Review medication list and present to Physician
- Coordinate follow-up appointments and assist with arranging complex appointments
- Prepare examination rooms with necessary medical supplies. Reorder as required
- Maintain inventory of medications and follow all procedures regarding outdated medications (site specific)
- Maintain current CPR certification
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
Requirements preferred, but not limited to:
- Post Secondary Education in Medical Office Administration
- Proficiency in measuring various vital signs such as ECGs, BMI and blood pressure
- Previous Personal Support Worker or Nursing experience is preferred but not essential
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Superior time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail is required
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AbelMed)
- Experience in an EMR environment preferred
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you wish to be part of this exciting team, please submit your resume to ad and be sure to write “MA - Thornhill” in the subject line. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.