LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is looking for a Laboratory Technician who can work for us on a permanent, part-time basis supporting our clinic located in Ville Saint Laurent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect and process specimen (blood, urine, etc.) according to the protocol and laboratory manual and procedures.
- Conduct blood glucose testing for diabetes patients and with the Clinical Research Coordinator and/or physician, manage and coordinate hypo or hyper-glycemia based on blood sugar values.
- Process other in-house testing i.e. urine sampling, pregnancy tests, ACTH stimulation test, AIC and to maintain accurate source documents
- Maintenance and shipment of specimens to the appropriate laboratory as indicated in LMC Lab SOP and/or study protocol.
- Management of supplies, equipments and calibration, including daily temperature tracking and reporting
- Perform other duties such as study medication accountability, database query and review, preparation of patient charts, patient monitoring and problem solving.
- Follow appropriate chemical and universal blood and body fluid precautions hygiene. Maintain sanitary and safe work area
- Perform Health Inspector duties as required by LMC Health and Safety guidelines
- Achieve and maintain IATA certification
- Science background required (Certificate, DEC or B.Sc.)
- Completion of a Laboratory Technician or Assistant program at a recognized College or University
- May possess a MLT diploma or certification
- CSMLS certified or equivalent
- Comfortable with performing phlebotomy
- Able to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, attention to detail and multi-task
- Must be fully bilingual – English and French proficiency in written and oral communications
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you wish to be part of this exciting team, please submit your resume to this ad and be sure to write “Lab Tech - Montreal” in the subject line of your email response. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.