LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Quebec, Alberta and Ontario). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Currently, LMC is accepting applications for Laboratory Technician Interns or Volunteers who can join us on a part-time or full-time basis supporting our clinic in Ville St. Laurent.
Learning opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Processing in-house testing i.e. urine sampling, pregnancy tests, ACTH stimulation test, AIC and to maintain accurate source documents
- Performing ECG’s, vital signs and other clinical procedures as required by protocol
- Maintain and the shipment of specimens to the appropriate laboratory as indicated in LMC Lab SOP and/or study protocol.
- The management of supplies, equipments and calibration, including daily temperature tracking and reporting
- Performing other duties such as study medication accountability, database query and review, preparation of patient charts, patient monitoring and problem solving.
- Learning appropriate chemical and universal blood and body fluid precautions hygiene. Maintain sanitary and safe work area
- Completion of or working towards the completion of a Laboratory Technician or Assistant program at a recognized College or University
- May possess a MLT diploma or certification
- Working towards or possessing a CSMLS certification or equivalent
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you wish to be part of this exciting team, please submit your resume to this ad and please be sure to write “Intern – Montreal” in the subject line for your application to be reviewed. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.