LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta and Quebec). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Currently, our Diabetes Education Program is looking for a *Diabetes Educator/Registered Nurse*, Regional West, who can work for us on a full time basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instruct patients on diabetes self management skills in both individual and group settings
- Develop a care plan for patients with diabetes (Type 1, 2, GDM, Pre-Diabetes)
- Teach administration of insulin effectively, including titration and management as per medical directives
- Assess & Manage patients on insulin pump therapy, as per medical directives
- Perform patient follow ups in person, by e-mail or by telephone
- Contribute to the development of patient handouts, as required
- Stay current and aware of opportunities to implement new, evidenced-based methods of patient assessment and treatment
- Participation in Clinical Research projects, coordinating patient care in including reviewing consent information , dispensing medications, , collecting data
- Bachelor in Nursing
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certification as a Diabetes Educator (CDE) or willingness to obtain
- Fluency in Hindi and/or Punjabi will be considered an important strength
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you want to be part of this exciting team, please submit your resume to this ad. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.