LMC Diabetes & Endocrinology is a network of specialized clinics providing complete care in Diabetes, Endocrinology & Metabolism. LMC’s clinical network is comprised of 9 Healthcare Centres of Excellence, in 3 provinces (Quebec, Ontario and Alberta). Our 26 Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by a team of highly qualified Registered Nurses, Dietitians, Pharmacists and Clinical Research Professionals. LMC is proud to have been nominated for 2011’s Best Workplaces in Canada award.
LMC provides three industry-leading programs:
- Specialist healthcare (publicly-funded) - representing the largest non-academic group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
Why LMC might be right for you!
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is in need of a Bilingual Medical Records Clerk who can work for us on a full time basis in our clinic Ville St. Laurent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Checking in patients (reception/registration) and checking out patients (scheduling follow ups)
- Responding to all telephone inquires and retrieving and returning messages daily from the voice mail system
- Completing physician's daily tasks and assignments (Outbox)
- Liaising with medical laboratories/physician offices for appropriate patient documentation
- Management of all patient appointments appropriately and physicians' schedules
- Medical assistant support when required
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and shipments (site specific)
- Preparing and pulling charts when necessary
- Ordering office and medical supplies, when required
- Assist with external referrals to other specialists and programs (i.e. specialists, tests etc)
- Complete third party forms & letters when required
- Providing required information to billing clerk to complete Medical Billing and claims rejections when required
- Process patients accounts receivable (credit card, debit, cheque & cash payments) when required
- Downloading dictated files onto medical software system
- Must have experience in a Medical Office environment and a Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Must be fully bilingual – English and French proficiency in written and oral communications
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good multi-tasking skills - must be able to operate and manage multi-line phone system and large amount of patient groups
LMC seeks dynamic individuals who embrace learning and innovation opportunities and those who contribute to great visioning.
If you want to be part of this exciting team, please submit your resume to this ad and please be sure to reference position code “Bilingual Medical Records Clerk - 1002” in the body of your application email. Please note - applicants that fail to reference the position code will not be considered for this opportunity. We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.