Our client in Toronto is currently looking for a Production Supervisor for an afternoon shift. The salary range offered for this permanent position is 55k to 60k, based on relevant experience.
Supervise production, product conversion, packaging and assigned shipping related activities on shift:
- To quality standards on spec. sheets
- Adhering to build plan
- Utilizing labour and materials efficiently
- By communicating effectively
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
Problem-solve operational and maintenance issues
Evaluate production reports for each operating line and provide shift summaries, ensuring consistent and timely communication with employees regarding production and quality goals and expectations
Handle human resource related issues regarding concerns, labour relations and accidents/incidents etc.
- Enforce health and safety rules
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions
- Prepare incident reports in event of mishaps, accidents and near misses
- Monitor lunch and break times
- Report any unusual activities
- Ensure all legislative requirements of OHSA are met
- Perform regular workplace inspections.
- Conduct safety talks, meetings, etc.
- Train, cross train and coach new employees.
- Approve employee vacations
- Verify and approve shift payroll records.
- 4-6 years manufacturing experience, including 2-3 as a supervisor, preferably in the plastics/packaging industry
- Post secondary education preferred, preferably in a technical area
- Experience analyzing production data
- Solid understanding of Process Management, Inventory Control, and Quality
- Experience with lean manufacturing and ISO
- Must have good judgment and common sense approach to business
- Excellent problem-solving/root cause analysis skills
- Clean oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the English language