Have you ever wanted to combine your passion for design in an industry that you love? If style and being active are important in your life, this position is for you.
LIJA (www.lijastyle.com) is currently a leading women’s apparel brand in the North American and European active, tennis and golf markets. The key to our success is fusing style with performance. As a sports lifestyle company, we are uniquely positioned to inspire women to express their individuality and move with confidence. Our team of 16 consists of creative, dynamic professionals who are passionate about developing style driven designs, delivering superior product & service and promoting the LIJA brand in an exciting environment that cultivates professional and personal growth.
Production & Purchasing Responsibilities
- Assist the Production Manager in sourcing new production partners domestically and overseas
- Collect and prepare all manufacturers costs/quotes for management review
- Work with Omni/Metro to determine tariff classifications
- Required to input framework set up for each season in V2K
- Assist Production Manager in the development & communication of seasonal production plan and allocation for all domestic & overseas manufacturers
- Coordinate with designers and technical designers to ensure all production requirements such as colors, trims, fabric quality, and fit are met
- Coordinate with vendors on timeline, deliveries, design specs and general timeline to support ship date
- Review the production plan to place purchase orders with suppliers and vendors accordingly and timely
- Assist the Production Manager in purchasing all raw materials/finished goods for SMS & production (issue, revise & receive PO’s
- Track all greige & notions orders
- Oversee the work in progress reports, maintaining effective and clear daily communication with suppliers and vendors to track production statuses
- Oversee the time & action approval process to anticipate potential quality or delivery concerns, as well as work with cross-functional teams to ensure deadlines are met. Provide exception list weekly
- Receive all raw & finished goods into the system
- Manage all raw materials & finished goods traffic into DC
- Maintain SMS and production schedule reports
- Follow up shipping documents, TOP (Top of Production) approvals, and vendor shipping confirmation for prompt delivery
- Maintain and monitor vendor agreements
- Assist with inventory counts of raw materials and finished goods
- Experience in sourcing and communicating with overseas vendors and factories
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction and technical fabrics.
- Experience with spend analysis and margins
- Knowledge of garment specs
- Outstanding problem-solving skills: able to identify issues, determine alternative options and recommend appropriate solutions
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized with outstanding project management skills: proven ability to simultaneously manage numerous deliverables at a high standard while meeting deadlines
- Positive, enthusiastic, flexible ‘can-do’ attitude; understands the advantages of working with a small but growing organization
- Strong team player: comfortable taking initiative as well as taking direction
- Excellent computer skills including software knowledge of Office, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, project management software
- BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in apparel production, preferably in active apparel category
This position is based out of our Richmond, British Columbia support office. Recognition for the company includes:
- PROFIT 100 Rankings of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies
- Progressive Employer of Canada
- Linda Hipp - Executive of the Year - Score Golf Magazine
- Linda Hipp - PROFIT 100 Rankings of Canada’s Top Women Entrepreneurs
Please forward your cover letter and resume, including the job title in the subject line. Thank you for taking the time to apply, we look forward to hearing from you. LIJA is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
LIJA (www.lijastyle.com) is currently a leading women’s apparel brand in the North American golf, tennis and active market. The key...