Have you ever wanted to combine your passion for graphic design in an industry that you love? If fashion and being active are important in your life, this position is for you.
LIJA (www.lijastyle.com) is currently a leading women’s apparel brand in the North American golf, tennis and active market. The key to our success is bringing fashion to sport. As a sports lifestyle company, we are uniquely positioned to promote healthy active lifestyles through encouraging women to “Play Beautifully”.
At LIJA you will be an ambassador of everything the brand stands for: passion, creativity, design and commitment.
This role is responsible for designing LIJA’s online assets and offline communication pieces, based on a strong technical expertise and interest in digital, fashion, photography, video & typography.
- Conceptualize, design and manage all online visual assets.
- Contribute to developing the LIJA online community by creating compelling designs for web landing pages, micro-sites, online advertising and promotions.
- Develop visuals for email campaigns and each of the online platforms including the LIJA blog, Facebook page, Pinterest and YouTube channel in order to drive brand engagement and conversion.
- Contribute to the development of LIJA’s ecommerce site.
- Optimize graphics for web use.
Additional Design Work
- Conceptualize and coordinate the production of a variety of creative for printed brand communication (look books, hang tags, signage, point of sale material etc.).
- Work collaboratively with the apparel design team to create mock-ups of LIJA collections.
- Execute day-to-day design needs.
- Support the sales team through the design of sales tools, key account promotions and the trade show booth.
- Design within brand guidelines and ensure support of brand identity and strategy.
- Liaise with external agencies and suppliers.
- Design for multiple projects that deliver against the creative briefs.
- College diploma in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar design position, including 1 year designing for e-commerce.
- Experience designing for a lifestyle brand.
- Technical expertise in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, HTML and video editing are essential.
- Expert understanding of graphic and web design principles with at least an intermediate understanding of the latest and greatest in current web technologies (HTML, CSS, Javascipt).
- Experience designing for web usability, navigation structures, hierarchy and composition.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UX concepts, social media platforms and mobile devices (including tablets).
- Understanding of social communities from a design, functionality and user perspective. Current with web design trends and active in several social media communities.
- Well versed in development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility and the underlying page architecture.
- Familiarity with print production process.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Highly organized with proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects at a high standard while meeting deadlines.
- A passion for details and executing with excellence.
- Positive, flexible ‘can-do’ attitude; understands the advantages of working with a small but growing organization.
- Strong team player: comfortable taking initiative and problem solving independently as well as working collaboratively.
- Illustration and copywriting skills are a plus.
- Interest in fashion, design, photography.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic and web design work that addresses different needs across a variety of mediums.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and link to your portfolio. Thank you for taking the time to apply, we look forward to hearing from you. LIJA is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
LIJA (www.lijastyle.com) is currently a leading women’s apparel brand in the North American golf, tennis and active market. The key...