COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: In this role, your main purpose will be to write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications. You will also be required to maintain and support existing applications and websites.
- Intermediate PHP development skills. Experience with a variety of PHP frameworks an asset.
- Experience with responsive web site design.
- Experience with MySQL including database design, connectivity via PHP, SQL, stored procedures.
- Experience with AJAX in a PHP environment.
- Experience with XML and JSON.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Experience with professional-level documentation.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional multi-project team-based environment.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
Beneficial technical skills:
- Wordpress framework development
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Adobe Edge Animate
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Work alongside other developers to complete deliverables within project plan and schedule requirements.
- Support and maintain existing web applications and websites.
- Document all work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or diploma in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
- References required.
- Applicants will be required to complete a brief assignment to confirm skills
APPLICATION: Please submit your resume and cover letter by October 25th.
Lifelearn is a dynamic multimedia producer based in Guelph, Ontario Canada, the site of Canada's oldest and world-respected veterinary...