MIG - WELDER WITH VALID CERTIFICATE WITH THE CWB OR EQUIVALENT.
MUST HAVE MINIMUM 3 YEARS WORKING EXPERIENCE WITH ALUMINUM WELDING
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEIDATELY
HOURLY RATE - BASED ON EXPERIENCE $15-$22/HOUR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must be able to weld GMAW (MIG) and FCAW aluminum, and galvanized as required in the flat, vertical, horizontal and overhead positions.
2. Must be able to set-up, monitor and troubleshoot welding machine, including consumables, settings and cables.
3.Must be able to inspect work for conformance to quality requirements and repair as needed.
4.Must be able to read and follow drawing and specifications as needed.
5. Must be able to perform layout and tacking work pieces together or assembling and tacking in jigs or fixtures.
6.Must be able to read and understand basic measuring tools
7. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
8. Threads the proper electrode wire through portable welding gun.
9. Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, occasionally specified by appropriate certified welding procedure(s).
10. Starts power supply to produce electric current.
11. Strikes (forms) arc which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to workpiece and join edges of workpiece.
12 Manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
13.Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions.
14.Examines weld for bead size and other specifications.
15.Cleans or degreases weld joint or workpiece.
16.Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes.
17.Prepares broken parts for welding by grooving or scarfing surfaces.
18.Positions and clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jig or fixture.
19.Tacks assemblies together.
20.Other duties may be assigned