Our client is a Winnipeg based leading provider of high quality flexible packaging solutions for customers across North America.
The Structural Design Engineer (SDE) is responsible for providing technical expertise and solutions in the application and use of multiple structures, adhesives, inks and foil subjected to heat, cooling and pressure manipulations. The SDE will support the sales and production teams by creating innovative and structurally sound products that maximize the plant’s capabilities.
- Review all internal print and converting processes
- Review all manufacturing raw materials and their properties
- Provide Structural recommendations for new and existing products
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise on the plant floor and recommend solutions
- Ensure all processes in place are compatible with inks, substrates and adhesives
- Interpret and execute design requests within our production capabilities
- Contribute to development of new innovative products and packaging solutions
Experience and Skills Required:
- Full understanding of print and converting processes from start to finish; not limited to: Substrates and Printing, Prepress, Slitting, Lamination (solvent and water based), Pouch making, Bag making and Foiling
- Must understand substrates and surface tension, COF and other variables involved with conversion
- Ability to analyze and interpret structural requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years in a structural design engineering capacity or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 to 5 years in structural packaging design
- Strong sense of urgency, discipline, accountability, judgment, initiative and economic and critical thinking skills
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Gail Eckert, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8828. If you believe you can make a strong contribution in the role of Structural Design Engineer, please submit your resume in confidence.
Indeed - 23 months ago