Established in 1929, our client is the largest producer of peat in North America and the largest distributor of peat moss and peat-based growing media products to the North American professional plant growers market.
On their behalf, we seek a Purchasing Agent for their production facility in Eastern Manitoba. The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for working with all departments including production, shipping, maintenance, harvest, bog development, quality and safety of three locations in Manitoba and NW Ontario. The individual will work closely with qualified vendors to ensure quality, consistency, accurate and on time deliveries, competitive pricing and cost reduction where possible. They will source new raw materials and keep accurate records of purchases, contracts, pricing and invoicing information as needed. They will also be involved in the planning for current and future needs, and liaison with the Corporate Purchasing Manager.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience including 3-5 years purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all individuals and teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of positive results
- Superior Microsoft Office abilities – particularly in Excel
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks on deadline.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Gail Eckert, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8828. If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization in the role of Purchasing Agent, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence quoting project #133148.