Region: AB, SK, MB
Reports to: National Sales Manager, LEEZA Distribution
The Business Development Manager works, focussing on the commercial market place to promote the best interests of LEEZA Distribution, it’s products and services to the architects, designers, specifiers, residential designers, builders, developers and other ¬¬design influencers in the region of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships with the AD community, National Accounts, and General Contractors to obtain project specifications and be responsible to track and quote the LARGE COMMERCIAL PROJECTS like hospitals, healthcare, condos in their region.
Previous sales experience within this industry is a must.
Key Responsibilities include:
To promote company profitability.
- Identify and contact all strategic Architect and Design firms (A&D firms), within the region and identify all key influencers - Principals, Project Managers, Senior Spec Writers, and Interior Designers - and establish working relationships for the promotion of our premium surfacing materials.
- Provide design, technical, installation, specialty programs and product knowledge to the key influencers in these firms to become the major contact and resource for them for our products and services.
- Update the LEEZA CRM system on the contacts and projects developed on a daily basis. The information in the CRM is a key component of our customer base and reporting going forward.
- Ensure that all design influencers are up to-date with product literature, samples, displays and availability.
- Be responsible for generating and tracking the progress of product specifications from product selection through the various stages to installation.
- Be responsible for promoting and reinforcing the LEEZA brand and quality products in the region with the said A&D community, on a day to day basis with sales calls, communication and attending trade shows and exhibitions where necessary.
- Be aware of competitive products, pricing, offers, promotions and programs to determine competitive trends in the business for the region.
- College Degree, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of demonstrated ability in an architectural, commercial, business development, or sales environment.
- Excellent technical aptitude is essential.
- Exposure to the solid surface, engineered stone and granite industries, its practises and approaches is advantageous.
- Handling objections by taking initiative and finding creative solutions is a critical key success factor in this position.
- Ability to clearly communicate and manage performance is a must.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with prospect firm's key personnel is a must.
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills is also a must.
- Work independently with minimum supervision and have excellent time management ability.
- Work in and adapt to a changing business environment. Identify opportunities for competitive advantage with new and existing products.
- Team player who has a record of achieving company and team objectives.
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office applications.
- Time allocation within the region as follows:
- Travel to SK and MB at least quarterly.
- Must have own vehicle with valid driver’s licence and good driving record.
- Must have updated Passport and be able to travel to the LEEZA head office in Montreal, Canada for training and meetings.
- Physical ability to lift and carry product samples weighing up to 40 pounds to architects and designer offices.
- Willingness to travel periodically beyond the region to attend sales meetings, trade shows and seminars.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Commission plan.
- Annual car allowance.
- Approved travel and entertainment expenses.
- Group Health Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company owned Laptop Computer and IPhone for business use.
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
Indeed - 5 months ago