Are you a Senior Sales person with experience selling engineered capital equipment into India and the Middle East? If so, this may be a great opportunity for you.
We are working with a leading manufacturer of process manufacturing equipment that is used in mining and refineries in the oil and gas sector. They equipment that ranges from $250k to $1M. These are complex sales that involve multiple influencers: oil and gas companies, engineering firms, agencies and EPCs.
You will be overseeing all the sales activities in your territory from prospecting to developing agency/EPC relationships to managing the bid/spec tendering process. The organization is already well established in the region, has facilities in India, and strong industry relationships.
The role requires strong technical aptitude, experience selling engineered equipment used in the oil and gas sector or process manufacturing applications, and excellent sales skills. A major aspect of the bid process is to go beyond the technical specs, and try to understand what the client is really trying to achieve. This is crucial, because your goal is to focus on providing custom solutions that solve problems versus a cheap, off-the-shelf product.
The equipment is in high demand with the strong oil and gas sectors. Beyond the technical requirements, relevant sales experience is a must for this role. The role requires 50% travel to your territory (India and the Middle East), and 50% in the office. Candidates must live in the Greater Toronto Area to be considered.
The role offers an $80,000 salary to earn $110,000 in year 1. Sales reps are expected to exceed $140,000 in year 2, and many greatly exceed this range. You will be joining a high growth company with ample opportunity for personal development, career growth and earning potential.
- 5+ years of experience selling engineered equipment used in process manufacturing applications (liquid or gas)
- Professional Engineer or equivalent work experience
- Engineer-to-engineer sales experience
- Proven track record of selling capital equipment in India and the Middle East
- Strong understanding of selling capital equipment in a bid/spec tendering process
- Knowledge and experience in the mining or petroleum sectors is a clear asset
- Understand process automation at a plant level, and the ability to read and interpret process flow diagrams
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time
- Strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to interact with all levels in an organization from engineer to purchasing to the CFO