Do you have a proven track record of selling engineered process manufacturing equipment? Have you sold equipment for mineral processing or oil and gas refineries?
We are looking for an accomplished sales person with experience selling engineered equipment--specifically for process manufacturing equipment--with an average size sale of $100k to $1M.
Our client manufactures highly engineered equipment that is used primarily in mining for mineral processing or in refineries for sulfur recovery. These are complex sales that involve multiple influencers: oil and gas companies, engineering firms, agencies and EPCs.
The territory for this position is North America. You will be overseeing all the sales activities in your territory from prospecting to developing agency/EPC relationships to managing the tendering process.
The role requires strong technical aptitude, experience selling engineered equipment used in the oil and gas sector or process manufacturing applications, and excellent sales skills. A major aspect of the bid process is to go beyond the technical specs, and try to understand what the client is really trying to achieve. This is crucial, because your goal is to focus on providing custom solutions that solve problems versus a cheap, off-the-shelf product.
The equipment is in high demand with the strong oil and gas sectors. Beyond the technical requirements, relevant sales experience is a must for this role. The role requires 50% travel to your territory (North America), and 50% in the office. Candidates must live in the Greater Toronto Area to be considered.
The role offers an $80,000 salary to earn $110,000 in year 1. Sales reps are expected to exceed $140,000 in year 2, and many greatly exceed this range. You will be joining a high growth company with ample opportunity for personal development, career growth and earning potential.
- 5+ years of experience selling engineered equipment used in process manufacturing applications (liquid or gas)
- Professional Engineer or equivalent work experience
- Engineer-to-engineer sales experience
- Proven track record of selling capital equipment for process manufacturing applications (oil and gas, mining, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, food manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong understanding of selling capital equipment in a bid/spec tendering process
- Knowledge and experience in the mining or petroleum sectors is a clear asset
- Understand process automation at a plant level, and the ability to read and interpret process flow diagrams
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will have the ability to interact with all levels in an organization from engineer to purchasing to the CFO