Do you have a proven track record of selling commercial construction products? Are you well versed in getting your products spec'd with architects and designers? If so, this is an amazing opportunity for you.
Our client is a large US designer and manufacturer of highly designed architectural products for public spaces. Their products are featured in both the interior and exterior of a variety of high impact spaces covering markets from corporate commercial to institutional, municipal, hospitality, retail and transportation. They provide the wall systems, column covers, elevator interiors as well as unique materials of glass and metals to make a space pop. Uniquely designed exterior site furniture is also part of their complimentary solutions.
The company is growing rapidly, and is looking for an accomplished sales person to lead their business development in Ontario. This is a new position, and you will be responsible for building the territory. Fortunately you won't be building a territory from scratch. The company has a strong reputation, excellent marketing, existing client base and they are actively generating sales leads in the territory.
As the Territory Manager, you will be calling on the A&D community to get your product spec'd, responding to tenders, and managing the entire bid cycle for commercial projects. The expectations of the role include:
- 50% of your time calling on specifiers (architects, commercial interior designers, and landscape architects)
- 25% of your time calling on end users (developers, property managers, and institutions in healthcare, higher education and government)
- 25% of your time calling on contractors (GC's, sub-contractors/installers, elevator companies and installers, glass and glazing contractors)
The role requires a strong hunter with a proven track record in selling technical commercial construction products. Must have experience include:
- Selling through architects and designers to get your products spec'd
- Track record of selling construction products. We are considering candidates from a variety of sectors such as wall systems, glass and glazing, exterior site amenities, vibration or sound control, millwork, energy management and power systems, HVAC and mechanical systems, plumbing systems, lighting, pre-engineered building systems, or related products.
The position offers a competitive base salary, an uncapped commission package, benefits and vacation. On target income in year 1 is $100-130k, and $200k+ in year 2.
The opportunity offers strong career growth potential. As you grow the Ontario territory, you will have the opportunity to move into a leadership or management role.
- 5+ years experience selling commercial construction products
- Strong network of architects and designers in the Toronto area
- Strong technical aptitude with construction products. Experience in take-offs is an asset
- Proven hunting experience and track record of winning new business
- Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven negotiator
- Able to work with minimal supervision or infrastructure, and build or acquire what you need to be successful in the role (this is the 2nd Canadian hire.)