We are looking to hire a proven marketer to join a fast-growing investment institution.
Key criteria for the role:
- Proven track record in digital and direct response marketing
- Strong leadership skills to build, manage and groom a dynamic marketing team
- Strategic, analytical person who is committed to growing the business
If this sounds like you, please read on.
Our client is an award winning investment publication and wealth management firm. For over 30 years the company has been recognized as a go-to resource for high quality financial and investment information. They have an outstanding reputation, and lots of potential to grow further.
The organization is expanding, and hiring a Director of Marketing to oversee their publication portfolio. This is a subscription driven business, but also a marketing platform for their wealth management division. Their clients often start as subscribers to their newsletters, and convert into portfolio management clients based on the expertise and trust garnered from the content.
The role's mandate is to grow the reach and engagement of their online and print subscribers. This is a strategic role with lots of room for growth.
You will be managing a growing a fast growth business unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, manage and coach the team for peak performance. You will grow your team from 3 to 10 people.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to not only grow the subscription base, free and paid, but also implement strategies to convert subscribers into wealth management clients.
- Increase the renewal rate of existing subscribers.
- Ongoing digital marketing analysis to direct the strategy of the marketing efforts, as well as the publication. This includes a planned overhaul of the existing website in 2013.
This is a dynamic role with lots of room for growth. The position offers a salary of $120,000 + a performance bonus tied to revenue growth plus benefits.
- Proven track record of direct response marketing and digital marketing, ideally in the publishing industry
- 5+ years of marketing management experience leading a team of 5+ people
- Strong leadership skills. Proven ability of grooming and developing staff into peak performers
- Familiarity with SEO, SEM, PPC, AdWords and email marketing
- Proven abilities in developing and implementing marketing strategies that deliver tangible sales results
- Ability to recruit and manage a creative and technical team
- Implement talent resourcing plans to leverage the growth of your department. You will hire full time, contract and freelance resources as required
- Outstanding analytical skills with deep expertise in web analytics, competitive analysis and direct response marketing analysis
- Exceptional communication skills: written, verbal and presentation