LD Plumbing & Heating is the premier provider of residential plumbing and HVAC/R comfort solutions for the mid-Island area. We value our clients and our reputation; therefore it is our goal to provide convenience and home comfort solutions that will exceed all expectations.
In order to achieve this we employ the "best of the best" that our industry has to offer. It isn't just about showing up to work every day, but what you can bring to us as a team member and the relationship you provide to our customers.
In addition to a great work environment, LD Plumbing & Heating provides benefits for our full-time employees including: medical, dental, paid holidays/vacation, and performance bonuses.
Position: Service Dispatcher / Office Coordinator
Reports to: Service/Operations Manager
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am -- 4:30 pm, unless otherwise specified.
Overview: This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the company's focus on customer service and driving the business. Position requires ability to interact with customers by phone, email and written correspondence, direct technicians by phone and track technician performance. You must have effective listening and verbal communication skills, proven ability to meet/exceed company goals, and be committed to doing your best each and every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and direct all incoming contacts via phone, e-mail, website, in a professional, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Provide timely response and feedback to customers regarding questions & concerns.
- Daily scheduling and dispatching technicians to jobs based on customer issue, tech specialty, and geographic efficiencies.
- Continuous management of the technician schedules throughout the day.
- Check all open calls and manage accordingly.
- Call technicians that have not checked in to verify arrival to their first service call and monitor progress throughout the day. Contact technicians if they have not checked in at end of day.
- Accurate review of all previous day field visits and follow-up on any items required including ordering of parts, status of parts arrival, and scheduling return trips with customers/technicians when parts come in.
- Provide assistance to technicians with locating material and equipment when required
- Process technician invoices and time sheets. Ensure hours match the customer invoice and note discrepancies for further clarification. Note ongoing jobs, provide notification to technicians when returning to ongoing job, and ensure invoicing matches technician hours. Correct inaccuracies in timely fashion.
- Make outbound calls to follow-up with customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction was achieved on new installations and quoted projects.
- Notify managers of any situations that require follow-up or when you require assistance.
- Work closely with service manager, technicians, and owners to exceed customer expectations, meet appointment times, and efficiently manage man hours.
- Complete customer and co-worker requests as necessary.
- Manage all service calls from receipt to billing.
- Contact customer database to schedule annual services on weekly basis and more frequently, if required.
- Process credit card payments in timely fashion (daily).
- Prepare bank deposits on a regular basis.
- Collect and process all incoming/outgoing mail in timely fashion.
- Follow-up on accounts receivables minimum twice/week and notify management of any immediate concerns, NSF's, or billing disputes.
- Maintain the on-call schedule for service technicians.
- Maintain and routinely update customer database with current information (including, but not limited to, name, address, home phone, work phone, cell, email, and fax).
- Clear and concise communications with owners, managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers apprised as to company schedule and requested lead-times.
- Prepare formal written quotations and provide field pricing to technicians.
- Provide office/clerical support for all installation projects including preparing job files, tracking hours, invoicing, and any required follow-up.
- Provide office/clerical support to the sales person(s)/technicians by scheduling sales calls and assisting in follow up with all sales leads/quotes.
- Regular filing of paperwork, billings, payables, etc.
- Ensure office supplies are maintained and advise Supervisor when running low on items.
- Give any and all office assistance and support as observed and directed by the Owners.
- Must have strong communications and advanced customer service skills
- Must be able to work well under stress and to keep your cool when under pressure.
- Basic knowledge/experience of the residential HVAC industry so you can identify the needs of the clientele (calls focus on the need for repair, service and replacement of heating and/or air systems)
- Computer skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Customer Account Management program, and the internet.
- Ability to multi-task and must be organized.
- Have good follow through. There are tasks that need to be done in a timely fashion.
- Be detail-oriented. You will be responsible for getting and correctly dispersing information from clients and technicians, managing files and mailings for each client, maintaining a database of past and present clients, etc.
- Have a good, clear speaking voice. The majority of information is communicated over the phone.
- Have basic office skills - spelling, filing, typing, etc.
- Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
If this position is of interest to you, please email your resume. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview. Thank-you.
Indeed - 12 months ago
LD Plumbing & Heating is a family owned business for 20 years serving the Mid-Island area.
We provide service to our customers from...