Engage. Inspire. Excel. At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. Come Discover the World at the LCBO.
An excellent career opportunity is available for individuals with corporate real estate experience and competency in retail lease accounting and administration. The candidate shall bring his/her knowledge and expertise to the areas of lease accounting/administration, lease compliance review, the preparation of real estate analyses pertaining to store network proposal activities, occupancy cost budgeting, monitoring, analysis and reporting; and, financial lease reporting for internal and external requirements (incl IFRS/IASB). This will include reviewing legal and other lease-related documentation, the preparation of written reports, and managing lease and real estate information to provide occupancy cost and real estate analyses and support the department’s and division’s decision making process.
- The ideal candidate must have proven corporate real estate experience and competency in lease accounting and administration, particularly in conducting lease expense audits, real estate analyses (e.g., cashflows), occupancy cost budgeting & variance analysis, and, year-end reconciliations and accounting adjustments.
- Must have sound knowledge of accounting and auditing principles acquired through post-secondary education in an accounting or business field, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience. Should have an awareness of current lease accounting and reporting standards.
- Strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills are required for real estate/lease and occupancy cost analyses and reporting.
- Sufficient understanding of obligations and contracts, and excellent communication skills, required to effectively review and understand lease documentation, to conduct lease expense challenges, to coordinate with internal & external clients, and prepare and present related correspondence, analyses, and reports.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel and other MS Office applications is a must, and experience with a lease portfolio management software is highly desirable.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
To explore this challenging opportunity, please apply online, at www.lcbo.com/careers, to Human Resource Services, LCBO, quoting File #LCB-115/2012, by November 19, 2012. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 22 months ago
The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial Crown corporation in Ontario, Canada. It is accountable to the Ministry of...