Chinese Inbound Marketing Specialist / Social Media Strategist
Employer Name: LAT Multilingual
Posted Date: January 25, 2013
Number of Positions: 1
Employment Terms: Contract
Apply By: February 15, 2013
LAT Multilingual is seeking a strong team player to develop, implement and measure Chinese inbound marketing strategy for LAT and for our clients.
Established in 1999, LAT has built a solid reputation in the translation industry in North America. With a vast network of linguists and writers who reside and work in our client’s target markets, we provide translation services to help companies and organizations reach multilingual communities online. Given the importance of social media, we want to position ourselves as the go-to translation agency for companies seeking a complete solution for their multilingual inbound marketing strategy.
Working from our downtown office (initial period) as well as from his/her home office, the primary role of the Chinese Digital Marketing Specialist is to develop a comprehensive social media strategy for the Chinese market and community to support our clients overarching goals for local or global multilingual markets.
We are looking for an individual skilled in leveraging existing clients and driving new business using Hubspot and other tools, evaluating performance indicators and monitoring SEO and SEM indexes, rankings, quality score, pay-per-click, email timing, click-through, etc. to determine the best approach and use this information to direct and advise management and third party vendors and contractors to connect, engage and promote brand awareness on behalf of our clients.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive social media strategies for the Chinese market that define how social media techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across brands and products
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success
- Mentor and provide training to management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for creating, managing, monitoring, and developing social networking campaigns
- Work with clients to explore and identify ways to integrate Chinese social media into business strategies and marketing campaigns for their target market
- Design and customize Chinese Digital Marketing package(s) for clients
- Apply marketing research and development methods to learn and understand emerging trends and technologies within the Chinese market and to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely.
The Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese, and have a deep understanding of the internet and Chinese social media including, but not limited to: search engine optimization, online marketing, social networking sites, landing pages, call to actions, discussion boards, blogs, video sharing sites, widgets, podcasting and social profile design.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in translating marketing materials from English to Simplified/Traditional Chinese.
- Excellent knowledge of written and verbal form of Chinese and English.
- Excellent knowledge of written language used in Chinese marketing and media
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university, 3-5 years experience in advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
- Knowledge of graphic design best practices and principles
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for social media platforms
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement
- Experience with creating and identifying quality social media content
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of web usability best practices, website navigation design and flow, content classification, and content management methods and systems
Hourly rate based on the candidate’s experience.