LASIK MD is a national provider of laser vision correction, with over 30 clinics across Canada and 2 clinics in the United States. We have grown to be the leading laser vision correction provider in Canada, all because of people like you! For your experience and enthusiasm, we offer excellent career growth opportunities, a competitive salary, fair benefits and many other great incentives. If you are motivated by the opportunity to change people's lives by offering an amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading, highly engaged and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Join our team!
LASIK MD’s mission:
We give people freedom from eyeglasses and contact lenses using the most advanced technology, at an affordable price. We provide excellent personalized care and a memorable experience.
You can be part of this life-changing process!
Your mission as a Surgical Assistant
Reporting directly to the Center Director, working closely with Optometrists and Ophthalmologists, the Surgical Assistant is to provide quality service to patients having the surgery. This includes preparing the patient for surgery, reassuring the patient and following up with the patient after surgery (explaining post-op treatments).
- Setting up the OR for surgery (cleaning, setting up the instruments,
verify fluency of laser, programming the laser)
- Preparing the patient for surgery
- Reassuring the patient
- Preparing the weekly inventory
- Following up with the patient after surgery (explaining post-op
- Any of other tasks required in the OR
- Willing to travel to other GTA clinics to help out - North York or Mississauga
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Capacity to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience within Medical/Optical clinic setting is an asset
- Ability to adapt to change
- Sense of organization
- Ability to work as a team
- Customer service driven
- Interest in health services field
- Available evenings and weekends
A competitive compensation equivalent to $14.00 and performance bonus is offered and this includes fringe benefits. Candidates must be available to work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays during the day (20-32 hours per week). The selected candidate may also be cross-trained in other clinical positions. A full training is given to all new hires.
LASIK MD Values:
- We encourage continuous learning and development
- We are dedicated to excellent patient service
- We encourage opportunities for those who demonstrate excellence
- We are open to new ideas and opinions from our employees
- We are a diverse and equitable company, and all applicants are given equal opportunity.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.
PLEASE COPY PASTE THIS URL TO APPLY: http://bc.tbe.taleo.net/BC1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LASIKMD&cws=1&rid=174