LASIK MD has grown to be the leading laser vision correction provider in Canada, all because of people like you. If you are motivated by the opportunity to interact with people, the satisfaction of offering amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Set your sights on a new career today!
Your mission as an Ophthalmic Technician
A LASIK MD Ophthalmic Technician (OT) is an eye care professional who must assess and counsel preoperative as well as postoperative LASIK MD patients with 100% accuracy and judgment, under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist. Credibility and customer orientation are essential in this position.
- Complete preoperative and postoperative diagnostic testing and full eye exams, offering clear explanations to patients throughout the process
- Provide counseling and recommendations with respect to procedures and technology available at LASIK MD
- Promote LASIK MD technology appropriately, based on internal protocols
- Provide superior customer service and patient care
- Use appointment and patient file software, patient charts and other available tools to make accurate and clear notes regarding patient eye health
- Assist in special projects, such as clinical studies, as needed
- Superior communication skills in both English and French, particularly verbal, with excellent “bedside manner”, professionalism, and active listening
- Experience with a number of diagnostic tools and tests, including topography, refraction, slit lamp examination, etc.
- Patience, approachability and calm demeanor
- Ability to manage patient expectations and concerns
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Very organized, with attention to detail
- Adapt well to often-changing environment, manage personal stress
- Team-oriented and collaborative, demonstrate a willingness to learn and also coach others
- Organized and efficient with sense of initiative
- Ease working with computers and ability to learn new software, entry-level experience with MS Office
- Comfortable working in close contact with patients
- Licensed Optician, CAO, COT or COMT as certified by JCAHPO
- Experience in an optical environment
- This is a one-year, full-time maternity leave contract position.
- Expected to be flexible & work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends (retail hours)
- Possibility of travel to other clinics to help cover vacation time and sick days, particularly in greater metropolitan areas.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard