LASIK MD has grown to be the leading laser vision correction provider in Canada, all because of people like you. If you are motivated by the opportunity to interact with people, the satisfaction of offering amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Set your sights on a new career today!
Your mission as an Ophthalmic Technician
A LASIK MD Ophthalmic Technician (OT) is an eye care professional who must assess and counsel preoperative and postoperative LASIK MD patients with 100% accuracy and judgment, under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist. Credibility and customer orientation are essential in this position.
- Complete preoperative and postoperative diagnostic testing and eye exams, offering clear explanations to patients throughout the process
- Provide counseling and recommendations with respect to procedures and technology available at LASIK MD
- Provide superior customer service and patient care
- Use appointment and patient file software, patient charts and other available tools to make accurate and clear notes regarding patient eye health
- Staying aware and understanding changes made to protocols, preocedures, product and the services we offer
- Assist in special projects, as needed
- Superior communication skills, particularly verbal, with excellent “bedside manner”, professionalism, and active listening
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to adapt to variety of patient types
- Experience with a number of diagnostic tools and tests, including topography, refraction, slit lamp examination, etc.
- Patience, approachability and calm demeanor
- Ability to manage patient expectations and concerns
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Very organized, with attention to detail
- Familiar with computers and with an ability to learn new software, entry-level experience with MS Office
- Licensed Optician, COA, COT or COMT (as certified by JCAHPO)
- Practical experience in an optical environment
Expected to be flexible & work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends (retail hours)
Possibility of travel to other clinics to help cover vacation time and sick days, particularly in greater metropolitan areas.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.
Indeed - 13 months ago