Lambton Conveyor Limited-Engineering Services Department has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Technologist. The start date will be May 6, 2013 or shortly thereafter depending on availability. This position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package depending on experience. The office location of this position is
102 Arnold Street, Wallaceburg Ontario. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Create, edit and maintain CNC programs for punch presses, plasma and laser cutting machines
- Work with engineering and production to identify and solve quality issues
- Provide support to Production Control, if required.
- Specify Methods of Manufacture, in compliance with Engineering Documentation
- Create and maintain Manufacturing Aides, Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Product Routing Sheets, and AutoCAD Drawings
- Design work holding fixtures
- Assist manufacturing personnel in the creation of Engineering Change Requests
- Research and produce financial justification for cost savings initiatives (internal and external)
- Participate in the continuous improvement of manufacturing technology
Approximately 75% of the Manufacturing Technologist work is conducted in a general office environment and 25% is conducted on the manufacturing shop floor. The manufacturing shop floor is a noisy and dusty environment where you will be required to wear appropriate clothing and use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed footwear.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Diploma of Mechanical/Manufacturing Technology or equivalent
- Working knowledge of 2D AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or similar 3D drafting software, as well as SigmaNest or similar NC programming software, an asset.
- Strong computer literacy including proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team, in a fast paced, manufacturing environment
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing related field is an asset
- Eligibility to be registered as a Certified Technician/Technologist or EIT
Please submit a resume with covering letter clearly marked with the position, “Manufacturing Technologist” to: 519-695-2863
Attn: Deb Richardson no later than 3:00pm on Thursday, April 25, 2013.