Experience Required - 5+years / Commercial and Residential Construction
- Plan construction projects and prepare the construction schedule
- Process contract drawings and specifications ensuring that the building is built in accordance with these documents.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manage project budget
- Responsible for Purchase Orders, project staff time sheets and change orders
- Process changes received from the project owner and or Architect including contacting the subcontractor for pricing, checking subcontractor quotations to ensure that they are complete and reasonable, and itemizing changes and presenting them to the Architect with confidence that the pricing is in accordance with the changes.
- ensure timely processing of subcontractor billings
- Maintain frequent and effective communications with site supervisors, trades and suppliers
- Assists with support supervision
- Cooperate fully with the Site Supervisors and financial staff to get the project completed
- Identify back charge requirements and document.
- Have the ability to read, interpret, analyze and forecast a project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and costing.
- Coordinate, manage and communicate with all subcontractors and effectively deal with specific problems such as delivery, labour, schedule and payment disputes.
- Ensure that the project is in a positive cash flow position and prepare Project Manager Reports accurately and timely for submission to the CFO and CEO
- Minimize company exposure and risk on project
- Understands basic revenue models, and cost-to-completion projections; makes decisions accordingly
- Assure project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors
- Possess general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Develop client pricing for options and upgrades for projects – maintenance of pricing coordinated with assistant
- Set-up new job site – trailer/signage/equipment/safety
- Experience required - 5+years
- oral and written communication
- conflict resolution
- effective problem solving
- proficiency in project’s core (primary) technology
- proficiency in supporting technology areas
- industry knowledge
- ability to prepare comprehensive technical specifications
- design skills
- management of intellectual property
- patent knowledge
- Honesty and integrity
- Thinks like a generalist
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- High tolerance for uncertainty
- Open and accessible
- Politically astute
Indeed - 7 months ago