L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good for the single traveling types
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), USAFebruary 8, 2014
The job in itself is fulfilling and can be challenging at times. This is not the job for the average family. Travel is expected and at any time must be able to move with short notice.
Horrible
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: product
Cons: culture
I was sexually harassed BY MY BOSS and then bullied by his boss. The people that work there hate it, my employees loved me, miss me, still call me, Out of 25 employees each one has expressed their appreciation of my management style and genuine interest in the improvement of their quality of work which leads to a work team that will do anything that – more... is asked, its not that hard, people! Show respect! – less
Fellow employees are professionals and pleasant to work with
C-141/F-16 Flight Simulator Field Engineer (Former Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: contract ended
My fellow employees are retire military. They are true professionals to work with.
Corporate management need to make decisions based on geographical locations
it was a great place to work .Coworkers were like a 2nd family
Brake Form/CNC Operator (Former Employee), Crestview, FLFebruary 3, 2014
I felt secure here until the economy fell and we lost contracts and i unfortunately was one of the ones that got hit by the reduction.
Professional workplace, just a little behind the times
Accounting Clerk III (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 31, 2014
I processed invoices for government aircraft parts and labor performed on the aircraft. The invoices were entered into Pentagon, a company processing system, and then into SAP for payment. I also handled Travel Expense Reports and Base Site Reports for employees off-site, including over seas.
Productive environment.
Data Provisioner (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee appreciation
Cons: downsizing
I corrected errors that came in via SOI files from Intrado and researched them for resolution. I learned new systems while there. Our management changed several times in the year I was there. My co-workers were all friendly and had been there for many years. The hardest part of the job was watching a fellow co-worker let go when the company downsized. – more... The most enjoyable part was that the department that I was in was very laid back. – less
Outstanding company to work for.
Aircraft Dispatcher (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: advancement and transfer opportunities.
Cons: competition with other companies to procure contract with military, contract lost to competitor company.
Strenuous work that keeps you active and on your toes. Co-workers were mostly former military and it was a perfect job to transition back to civilian life. Hardest part of the job was loss of life due to equipment failure. Most enjoyable part of the job was satisfaction achieved with every successful completed flight.
Good company with great benefits.
Principal Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great company events. excellent benefits. great working schedule
Cons: communication
L3 Communications has a welcoming working environment. Workers are friendly and willing to show you the ropes. Floor supervisors have excellent management skills and keep everyone on schedule without being overbearing. Above this level however many problems and lack of communication hamstring many processes.

The most difficult portion of my area of – more... field service was the lack of communication from the top. Field service jobs that were known about would not be relayed to the Field Service Engineers.

The most enjoyable portion of the job were the company sponsored events and the wealth of knowledge from the more senior workers. – less
a day at work
Mechanic, Second Class (Former Employee), oceanside, caJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, boss
Cons: contract work
start the day with a list of what to do. we would either be taught what we need to do or look at the tech guide for how to do it. the manager was right there to help with any question you had. co-workers would help you when they could and you would help them. when you could. the hardest part of the job not knowing what you would be doing the next day.the – more... most enjoyable part was i worked. – less
L3 great Company, ASD Corpus Christi corrupt contract
Journeyman Level III Supervisor (2nd shift) (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good work hours
Cons: horrible upper management and hr
Took this job because I have worked with L3 during the majority if my career in the Marine Corps. I have several friends the have been with L3 for 8 years plus. I have never herd anything bad about the company so when offered the Journeyman Supervisor job, I took it without hesitation. This contract treats te Journeyman Supervisor as a mechanic, not – more... a supervisor. HR controls the company and will not address any concerns and does not have a true open door policy. Please be careful if deciding to take this contract. By far worse decision in my post military career making. – less
Great company
Senior Graphic Artist (Former Employee), MCAS Miramar, San Diego, CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good salary, good management
Cons: got laid off
L3 is a great company and I enjoyed working there but unfortunately due to new government contractual requirements L3 could not bid on the 2013 contract and I was laid off.
Best job ever!!
Navy Contractor (Current Employee), Nas Whidbey, WAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: get to travel occasionally
The best job I have ever had! A great team of people to work with.
A fun and positive workplace.
Linguist, Curriculum Developer, and Instructor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2014
I learned a lot from L3, on so many levels. I got excellent experience that I won't get elsewhere.
PC/Network Technician, SharePoint Designer (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Great team; great place to work for, understanding team and management.
Fast Pase
Production Control Clerk /Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2014
This is a good company to work for. But It is time for me to move on to something better.
Good work environment.
Geographical Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, people
Cons: turnover
Good work environment and people. Turnover of key positions was too frequent.
Circuit Design Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: helpful co-workers
Cons: alot of overtime
A typical days was to design and building of data, voice and long distance circuits over Level (3) Sonet Rings. Interfaced with departments of sales, project management and operations in the cities that were served to ensure timely delivery of the customer circuit design.
Easy job but benefits are not that great
Defense Ready Unit Specialist (Current Employee), Coronado, CAJanuary 22, 2014
This job is easy but the benefits aren't that great. I would recommend this job for a college student,
great learning experince
Sheet metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Bellmead, TXJanuary 21, 2014
My job was very fast paced with deadlines to meet.
great learing facuility.
good pay and benifiets
would work there again
Productive and researching Orders for timely delivery
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee), Ali Al Salem Air Base, KuwaitJanuary 21, 2014
long hours, always following up on aircraft part deliveries to meet clients flight schedule. Also, following up on tool calibrations of GFE equipment, 6 month site inventories. Job is fun and you stay busy all the time.

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos