L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
PC/Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2014
As you are looking for an IT expert who has outstanding people and problem solving skills, having ability to provide best support to your IT Help Desk, I can be your right choice
Nice people, great facilities, nice place
Lead Vendor Project Manager (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJune 24, 2014
Pros: gym on site, plenty of activities
Cons: far away from anywhere in the general metro area, if you dont live in broomfield or westminster, it's a minimum of 1.5 hours commute
Company allows you to work from home when needed, plenty of company activities, and a bonus structure that is fair. My co-workers were wonderful, my management team was outstanding.
Large Corporate culture.
Manager/Acting Director, Inventory Control (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2014
I have worked for L-3 for 20 years, and have had a wonderful career. Defense contractors in general are on the downswing.
Productive work environment
AH-64D Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Talill, IraqJune 18, 2014
Pros: pay was very rewarding
Cons: overseas for 12 months
Worked 13 hour days 7 days a week. You knew what had to be done and the work was fulfilling.
Started out good, ended horribly, WORST HR dept ever!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), KEO in Northampton, MAJune 17, 2014
Cons: no support from hr, no annual bonuses, extreme favortism
I used to work at the location in Northampton, MA. When I started working there, I loved it. It was the type of job I had always wanted at a company that I "thought" was a good place to work. I was told by HR that it was a good place to move up and that if you worked hard it was easy to do within a few years. Long story short, after a year I applied – more... for a job that I was already doing the work for(the girl had left and I was given all of her duties), never got interviewed and was turned down(I was the only person that had applied for the job inside the company). The job was given to another person outside of the company with less experience than I had. The ONLY enjoyable part of that job was I had some co-workers that I became friends with. The HR dept is useless, they don't help you at all. If you ask them for help 90% of the time you are given an 800# to call and they don't offer to help with anything. People never go to them for help or to report anything like harrassment because they know nothing will be done. Favortism is also extremely common. Also they took away yearly bonuses, so now the only way you get a bonus is if another person "nominates" you for doing a good job. If you want to actually enjoy your job and where you work, DON'T WORK HERE. – less
Good job, benefits are not good
Material Coordinator/Supply (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 17, 2014
This is not a hard job at all, I ve learned a lot from being on this project. I've been on this project for 6 years, I've seen management come and go. It's a good place to work if you can get around the nagging, gossiping, and complaining.
A good employer
Confiiguration Management (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJune 13, 2014
A good employer/employees.
A nice workplace.
Good benefits.
Going downhill fast
FLIGHT LINE MECHANIC (Current Employee), Waco, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: 120 hours of pto
Cons: you hate life at l3, you use all of your pto in 6 months or less.
When I first got to L3 in Waco Texas back in 2012, business was booming. There was so much work to get done and there was always overtime if needed. At the beginning of 2014, they had a major layoff, and people are continuing to quit L3 now. The morale is low, the pay is not very good, the yearly raises are between 8-40 cents, and most of the management – more... needs to be fired. – less
Stability issues a lot of turnover
System Administrator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 12, 2014
Liked working for the mom and pop companies that were absorbed into the L-3 umbrella. Changes that went into place were not about the employees but successes of the company as a whole.
Customer Service is key
Video Teleconference Specialist (Current Employee), Pentagon Washington, DCJune 12, 2014
Pros: somewhat flexible schedules
Cons: no room for advancement
I do not have a complete review at this time, however L3 is a good company. There just does not seem to be alot of funding for salary in my specific department. There is also no room for growth at this level, and I am looking to further my career.
The hardest part of this job, is sometimes having to use equipment that is not working properly and trying – more... to satisfy all customers with limited resources. The most enjoyable part of this job would be, the job itself, and who dosen't love a satisfied customer! The extra mile from the customer to tell me or email me to express gratitude, is a bonus. – less
diverse
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2014
Opportunities to work on several very different projects a day. Interesting projects
Great People, Smart Co-Workers
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 11, 2014
L-3 was a great place to work. Fell on very hard times. Perhaps not well prepared for this. Overall reduction in force of over 25% in one year. Lots of good people looking for work.

Too bad. The work there was very interesting, fun and dynamic.
Good experience
Welder First Class (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2014
Was a foot in the door to the shipyard industry. I welded foundations for navy ships.
Great place to work!
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2014
Level 3 offers it's employee a great benefit package and provides you all the tools you need to do your job well.
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Mayport, FLJune 4, 2014
Hate to see the government contract be terminated. Excellent company and great people
Very good work place
Sr. Designer/drafter (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 3, 2014
Pros: health simanars, yearly iversity training, and higher learning education assistance.
Great management/employee partnerships. Diverse work groups. Encouraged employee empowerment. Excellent in-place learning criteria and tool potential for employes.
Fun place to work, lots of incentives to keep moral up, lots of pizza, sub and wings luncheons, competitions to meet certain goals.
Service Delivery Offnet Provisioner (Former Employee), Coudersport, PAJune 3, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, great co-workers, good pay and benefits.
Cons: to many managers and not enough personal one on one with them.
I enjoyed this job, it was an opportunity to learn something new. As I did not know telecommunications. I interfaced with major telecommunications Off Net network sites to enter technical data specifications for equipment required to build Off net circuits. I would interface with companies such as Verizon, Sprint, XO, At&t, Bell South, etc. Provided – more... excellent customer service. Accuracy in data entry ensured correct materials needed for project builds. Expedited work with project managers to assist with on time delivery for proprietary builds. Had technical training and professional development training. Attended seminars and completed courses in Telecommunication skills.
The hardest part of the job was to ensure the customer received their service in a timely fashion, due to builds, city permits, correcting customer requests. And if a customers circuits went down, getting the other telecommunications company to assist in re-installing the service.
Management was constantly changing. So procedures also changed. That was difficult to keep up.
I made good friends when dealing with other LEC's. And am still in contact with a few of them. – less
Good Company
Material Project Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 3, 2014
Pros: great schedule
Cons: loss of business
Good company just lost business with government shutdown. Good management
Productive and Exciting place to Work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2014
Pros: exceptional management
Cons: location was wrong for me at the time
• Responsible for enrolling all new hires into the ISD benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, FSA’s, STD & LTD.
• Assisted with answering benefit related questions and researching complex issues and laws. Verified eligibility and processed change forms within Ceridian and L-3’s Employee Service Center.
• Created a detailed – more... spreadsheet that consistently monitored the Dependent Eligibility Audit that ensures all eligible employees and their dependents have been enrolled, that all non-eligible employees have been removed and verifies that all the supporting documentation has been provided.
• Worked extensively with Ceridian® and Costpoint® for running and administering multiple reporting processes.
• Ensured that all plan documents, new hire paperwork and termination information were properly filed with the benefit and personnel folders and were organized. Duties required extreme organization with and an acute attention to detail. – less
Good unit assigned to and fast-paced work
TFAN All Source Analyst (Former Employee), Kabul, KABJune 2, 2014
I enjoyed my work and I felt that we were a significant factor in mitigating green-on-blue threats overseas.

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos