L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and supportive place to work
PROGRAM FINANCE ANALYST (Current Employee), Camden, NJOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great people to work with as far personality and knowledge.
Support and advise the Program Mananger of all financial matter with their specific programs.

Interact and suppport accounting with audits and JE's.

Support the pricing dept. with proposals.

Customer interaction and reporting with SDRL's, invoicing and contract issues.

Overall Government support.
Teamwork
Lead Instructional Systems Designer/Developer (Current Employee), OKC, OKOctober 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Different everyday which makes it a very learning environment and the ability to work as a team with my co-workers.
Stability is key
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 1, 2014
Stability is a great thing. The people are great and the management is talented. The work varies and the deadlines are challenging.
Graphic Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: own office, learn new skills, benefits, and pay
Cons: it is military, so not everyone there is an artist.
Working with L-3 Communication is a challenge, but a great experience. You learn the military language and get to know very friendly coworkers. The environment is pretty military. Cafe downstairs is great and you get your own office. You also learn new skills with your coworkers.
Great Company
Sr. Operations Engineer Principal (Former Employee), Caracas, ASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: provided lunch to employees
A typical day of work would be, checking a queue of trouble tickets and applying my technical knowledge to resolve them as quickly as possible while keeping the ticket well documented for internal purposes and with notes destined to the affected customer. Report network issues to third parties and involve their escalation tiers as necessary. Coordinating – more... technical dispatch to customer sites or company's telecommunication nodes. Attend to meetings with customer to discuss the network monthly performance.

During the 5 years I worked at Level 3, I learned so much from my co-workers regarding different technologies, procedures, ways to communicate with customers and ease their frustration during network outages and a general understanding of how major telecommunication carriers work.

The management team really appreciated my work and always rewarded a job well done.

The hardest part of the job was whenever a backbone issues appeared. Dozens of customers would report issues at the same time and it was our responsibility to provide with a detailed action plan to restore their service and keep them informed at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the customer was extremely satisfied with my work and obtaining a good customer feedback for the company.

I would definitely love to work there again. – less
A nice place to work
1st Class Electrician (Current Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaSeptember 29, 2014
A decent place to work. I normally work with like 2 other people
A defense contract company
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: paid overtime, good benefits, some or every friday off.
Cons: lot of stress, to much process, poor training.
As a defense contractor, this company requires very strict tracking of time. It seems that every project you work on is very time/budget constrained, so you are always being asked to charge as few hours as possible. Which leaves you where? Stressed out, and with no accounts to charge.
There is way too much process, much of which does not make sense – more... and seems to consume way more budget than was anticipated, which causes control accounts to be over budget and/or late, which upsets program management and causes stress. – less
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee), vandenberg AFB, CASeptember 22, 2014
No issues, great pay, and career advancement. All employees and opinions seem to matter, no matter where they are in the company ranks. Good ideas are valued and respected.
Great company until they sold out/were taken over
Administration / Facility Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Very top heavy and only take care of those at the top, anyone else should not feel secure in their job
I really enjoyed working for l-3 Link simulation and training
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: contract ended
I really enjoyed working for l-3 Link simulation and training
Warehouse Operations
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: work environment
Run material release orders, pull parts, receive parts, place parts in customer bins, issue customer parts, do turn ins to higher echelon.
Broad working environment, multiple careers, defense communications
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: wide variety of opportunity
Cons: 1.5 years+ restructuring (downsizing)
Good work, good people, challenging times. Flex hours. Rhapsody. UML. Plenty of management. Co-workers are devoted to the job. Morale can be rough due to layoffs. Creativity encouraged, but schedule and budget are priority one.
Professional workplace
Virtual Proposal Center (VPC) Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 11, 2014
My 14 years with L-3 was very exciting, challenging and educational. I was exposed to all areas of Business Development. I was promoted to the VPC Manager which introduced me to the Information Technology side of business where I developed database management skills and many other areas of Information Technology.
Movement
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: contract issues
I worked for L-3 for 14 years and started as an Office manager with education skill set. After and through all the company's changes I was given the opportunity to grow, learn, challenge and be a part of an exciting environment. Although the contract that I was on at the end was lost I felt a huge sense of pride to work for L-3.
Very fulfilling experience, working with top notch SMEs.
Installation Management Senior Mentor (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanSeptember 9, 2014
Excellent benefits, compensation as promised and would work for them again.
RESET MAINTENANCE
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no career advancement
A typical day would start at 6:00 am, and would end at 3:00 pm.
Really dependant on the division
Sr. Program Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2014
If you are associated with a forward looking division, great. Otherwise you will be in a short sighted numbers driven enviornment.
L-3
Software Development and IT Security Manager (Current Employee), Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: unorganized, uniformed and unprofessional customer
L-3 awarded me opportunities and was very understanding of my position as a single parent. The hardest part of the job was the customer (US Army) support. They often gave conflicting guidance, did not know what requirements they needed.
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites
Manufacturing coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every other friday off), 3 to 4 weeks vacation, 1 week personal time
Cons: poor management, no advancement opportunities
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites

Mostly good people at work. Management concentrates on self preservation and their bonuses. Management all form over substance.

Very poor morale within the workforce because of management and lack of growth. Layoffs 3 times in the last year or so. When problems arise they add another layer of management – more... and layoff the manufacturing employees – less
Defense Contractor
Admin/Editor/Graphics Artist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 2, 2014
Enjoyed working with them at Fort Benning. Good company to work for.

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos