L-3 Communications

ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Arlington, TxMay 26, 2014
• Prepared Hardware drawings for configuration release
• Photographed and developed microfilm
• Prepared aperture cards for archive
• Maintained document archives for 30 programs and Prepared deliveries to customers
• Supported Human Resource’s Training Department with managing the training plans for ISO certification using Access and Excel
• Provided – more... direct support to configuration and data management analysts for preparation and control of Configuration Control Boards – less
Great Place to work.
PRODUCTION SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), 308 Crecy StreetMay 22, 2014
Pros: being surrounded by many head strong individuals
Cons: too much gossip
In overall, i enjoyed working with many people including my customers. Making a difference in some ones life is what i appreciate the most. Being a great role model and being head strong and confident takes you to the top. So i would like to Thank CCAD for the opportunity for working out at the base for L-3 communications.
People Are Okay
Group Leader (Former Employee), Londonderry, NhMay 22, 2014
Work load was easily manageable as long as supervisor didn't decide she wanted a gopher for the day to run around and get her print outs while she sat in her office. I learned a lot about how to deal with difficult co-workers.
Good Contractor Job
GENERAL CLERK (Former Employee), Oak Harbor, WAMay 21, 2014
Pros: good hours and decent benefits
Cons: detachments with the squadron
L-3 was a good contractor job. I worked daily with the various levels of maintenance on aircraft and the paperwork involved. Management was not always on the same page as to what needed to be done and how. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and maintained a professional demeanor with the ones that I did not get along with. The hardest part of this – more... job was leaving home on the detachments and spending the time away from my children with a husband on active duty. I did enjoy the atmosphere surrounding the job and the people that I worked with. I like doing administrative jobs and this one had me continuing to put my Navy knowledge to good use. – less
Productive; customer and goal oriented.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 20, 2014
A prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions, as well as a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
nothing good to say
Rework Technician (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHMay 20, 2014
Minimal constructive feedback or support from supervisors and engineers. Workers blamed for everything. Worked overtime for months
Great company to start, and learn from wonderful people.
IP Service Activations Engineer (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 19, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: downtown has very limited parking.
Great company which allows new Network Engineers a place to polish their skill set, and learn many more.
Great company, poor local management
Supply Technician/Production Scheduler (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 15, 2014
Pros: great healthcare benefits
Cons: limited growth potential
This is a contractor for government facilities. The company itself is fantastic, however, local management is inconsistant, except in the area of petty requirements. Felt more like kindergarten at times rather than grown professionals working.
great work, clean and safe
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), CarrolltonMay 14, 2014
Pros: breaks lunch shifts
Cons: walking on eggshells gets exhausting
I love the government and defense contract places. They are required to abide by rules and regulation. This makes for a pleasant work environment.
Semi relaxed and very safe work environment
Executive Assistant to the Sr. Vice President (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 14, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch, yes. it is a safe working environment.
Cons: the location and distance i have to travel from home to work and back, my salary is low for my position and job duties
My typical day in the offices includes multiple tasks for several executives ranging from travel plans, expense reports, supply orders, medical records request, office move request from one space to another, scheduling meeting and managing supervisor’s calendar and the list goes on. That is a typical work day. What I have learned since taking on this – more... role it to always think and plan ahead. Management is always busy as have little time to "manage" an employee so it is important to know EVERYTHING about your job and to know where you can turn for outside help or for questions.

The hardest part about my job is not showing when I am stressed and knowing when to ask for help. The most enjoyable part of my job is work with such intelligent well rounded and kind people. – less
good people to work for
Maintenance Trades Helper Group Lead (Former Employee), Lexington KYMay 13, 2014
Shipped and controlled parts for assembly. Learned manufacturing skills Ive applied in my current position. Management was easy to work for. Hardest part of the day was gathering worjk to be completed. Co-workers were really good people. Most enjoyable part of the day was completing tasks on time and to spec
Very coordinated and enjoyable place to work at
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMay 13, 2014
A lot of the duties I performed at this company included assisting the accounting department with whatever they needed help with. Some things I would do is filing paperwork, pulling audit information, assisting the front desk, helping with Human Resources
I have learned how to time manage and how to work with other business people.
The hardest part – more... of the job was making sure all the numbers matched up.
The most enjoyable part was accomplishing all the tasks for the day and meeting the companies expectations – less
Productive and fun pace to work at
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHMay 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was that my company allowed me to get education and training to learn how to program CMMS
It was a place to work
Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), AfghanistanMay 10, 2014
Pros: got to work with some good guys
Cons: lack of direction with the changing of companies while in afghanistan
Worked with some great people, the lack of direction with the changing of the company from L3 to ECOM was very bad. No idea what was coming our way and kept getting the run around and no solid direction.
Job was fast pace
Project Coordinator/ Drafting Design (Former Employee), Crestview, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: good pay and good hours with good benifts
Cons: you never knew when you would be layed off
Enjoyed working at L-3 and would still be there is not for lay off.
great workplace
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), TXMay 9, 2014
excellent company and great place to work. good manegment and great people to work with
Great place for advancement
Technical Inspector (Former Employee), AfghanistanMay 7, 2014
If you are a go getter and enjoy motivating personnel, this is a company you can quickly advance in.
Combination identifying process problem, characterizing, and providing a solution
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2014
Pros: locaation in slc is a plus.
Cons: none that can't and will be overcome.
Had it's good days and bad. Like any.
It's been pretty stable.
Long days but good others
FULL MOTION VIDEO ANALYST/ISR TACTICAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCMay 7, 2014
We work twelve hour days doing a job that is rewarding. I've learned a lot about of in depth knowledge about my job. The company offers classes to further us as employees which is helpful.
Management disrespectful
Equipment Cleaner (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: managament didnt work with you
Management was very disrespectful and was not willing to work with my VA appointments.

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos