L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was great until they laid off 200+ workers
Manufacturing Technician Shift Lead (Former Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 19, 2014
Was a great place to work, knowing you are making night vison for the US Military, but like most big companies the politics take over and people lose their jobs
Productive fun place to work
Assistant Lead/ F/A-18 Aircraft Inspector (Former Employee), VAFebruary 19, 2014
Highly recommend this company.

Work life balance and compensation was very good.
Fun place to work!
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 17, 2014
This was a most enjoyable company to work for where teamwork was valued and Management was very supportive.
Coleman Aerospace
Subcontracts Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Cons: count on working 80+ hours per week now.
This was a great place to work at until they reorganized the location and a new management team took over.
great company with a solid product
Maintenance/Site Manager (Former Employee), PARFebruary 17, 2014
military contracting will never offer the highest in job security but the rewards are great. high pace work environment makes for a challenge for anyone wanting to learn.
No Management and No employee support
Buyer (Former Employee), Reston, VAFebruary 15, 2014
Cons: bad management
Is just a matter of time before Management places you under the wheels of the bus. L-3 STRATIS would much rather bring on more people at less money. No respect for experience.
An excellent company to work for. I've been with L-3 for almost 13 years.
Senior Project Manager JRDC (Current Employee), Schriever AFB, COFebruary 15, 2014
I've been able to advance and grow over almost 13 years with L-3 Communications. As with any job, the most enjoyable part of the job has been the relationships and friendships I've been able to build throughout those years. Additionally, I've learned many skills to put in my "toolbar."
Encouraged furthering education
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: good work environment, good lower status employees
Cons: no growth potential, does not encourage personal lives
Communicated with embedded and in house techs about broken equipment. Arranged repair or purchase of new items. Tested failed items for further diagnosis. Maintained inventory stock levels for repair decisions.
Always willing to put in the extra time to get the job completed correctly and on schedule
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Crestview, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Willng to put in the extra time required to learn a new job skill or to get a project completed correctly and on schedule. Always striving to learn something new or a better way.
Low level of support from corporate management to employess in the field.
Lead Configuration Management Analyst (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: no interferance from hq
Cons: no support from hq
Basically no support to contracted employees that work outside of the Corporate HQ area.
Enjoy working for the military
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville alFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great experience, pay, and benefits.
Cons: lacks a family atmosphere, but is expected in a military environment
I enjoy working for a company that supports military aircraft. It never panned out for me to join the military as I was always a family man first, but this is as close as I will come to fulfilling my personality as an employee. I enjoy meeting high ranking officials who are courteous enough to take the time to thank the workers who make their aircraft – more... mission capable. I enjoy working with the team around me and getting the job done right the first time – less
Great Company
Accounts Payable Shared Services (Former Employee), Rockwall, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: employee morale was great
Cons: office stays extremely cold during cold weather
I really enjoy working for this company. The department was helpful and the people working here all got along. I was here only as a temp but they never treated me like a temp.
Better than most
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: a lot of time off - that you could convert to cash.
Cons: you were not allowed to take the time
I was hired 8 1/2 years ago for a position with the Vice-President of Engineering. I loved my company from the beginning as the people that I worked with and the company as a whole was a great place to work. There were many perks including increased Personal Time and Vacation time earned, amongst other things. I made many friends there and for the most – more... part enjoyed getting up every day to go to work. The hardest part of the job was it was definitely a top-heavy good old boys club where there was more VPs and Directors than worker-bees, and as long as they got there bonus's, all was right in their world. Now that they have had a 25% layoff of mostly worker-bees, you wonder how the work is going to get done. – less
Co-workers
Drafter 2B (Former Employee), Waco,TXFebruary 10, 2014
L-3 Communications is a great company to work for. Co-workers are friendly and always willing to help another in order to deliver a great quality product.
Great Company
HELICOPTER MECHANIC (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 10, 2014
good teamwork everyday. management was always helping when they were needed. pay and benefits were great
Great place to work and fairly close to my home town.
Shared Services Payroll-Labor Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great people and great company.
Cons: lack of advancement in my labor accounting.
I love working for L-3, however, in the area I currently work, there is not opportunity for advancement. I am focusing on my retirement at this stage of my life and I would prefer a job that I can grow in financially.
Great people and opportunity to work with advanced technology
Program Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: benefits, professional environment
Cons: stress, plitics, sap implementation
L-3 is a great place to work if you enjoy technology. I was able to learn about the US Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance system and participate in advancing our nations capabilities. The most difficult aspect of the business is attempt continuous improvement with the matrix departments that focus on process which focuses on routine rather than – more... improvement. It's like fighting city hall. They claim they are for improving, but fiercely resist change. Also, the politics of a decreasing defense budget is bringing out the worst in peoples behavior, especial among the executive staff. – less
Good for the single traveling types
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), USAFebruary 8, 2014
The job in itself is fulfilling and can be challenging at times. This is not the job for the average family. Travel is expected and at any time must be able to move with short notice.
Horrible
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: product
Cons: culture
I was sexually harassed BY MY BOSS and then bullied by his boss. The people that work there hate it, my employees loved me, miss me, still call me, Out of 25 employees each one has expressed their appreciation of my management style and genuine interest in the improvement of their quality of work which leads to a work team that will do anything that – more... is asked, its not that hard, people! Show respect! – less
Fellow employees are professionals and pleasant to work with
C-141/F-16 Flight Simulator Field Engineer (Former Employee), Wright-Patterson AFB, OHFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: pleasant co-workers
Cons: contract ended
My fellow employees are retire military. They are true professionals to work with.
Corporate management need to make decisions based on geographical locations

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos