L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive company to work for.
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 9, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Good company to work for with great co-workers. I have no complaints about the corporation.
Managers NOT leaders
Program Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, TXMarch 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: management
In order to advance at L-3 you must know someone. If you work hard, you will be rewarded ONLY to the point where management decides it's time to bring in their buddies and you'll be ousted without question. No job security, spineless management that takes orders from the customer, extremely poor business decision making and, of course, bureaucracy.
House of cards
Senior Director of Accounts - Federal Division (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: can't currently think of one
Cons: over acquisitions (global crossing, adelphia, etc) have caused havoc to their network, crm, and customer service. this company is the titanic.
Run...don't walk...run away.

zero management support

not an enjoyable work environment

everyone looks miserable

zero chance for career advancement
Productive work place
air craft painter (Current Employee), Crestview FloridaMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefints good, 401 k
Cons: n/a
They care about you and your family.
They have good health benefits
Advancements are possible
Manage works hard to help you with your job
they provide good break areas
A enjoyable and educating job
Government Bond Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 5, 2014
M y job was demanding, but I enjoyed staying busy. I received a lot of knowledge working in different departments at L-3. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people.
Not enough to live on
Exhaust Processor II (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 4, 2014
Lots of work, repetitive job, no raises, promotion, or growth.
Outstanding Benefits
Integrated Program Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 3, 2014
A learning organization that supports growth and offers great benefits.
Contract employee for US Army
Automotive Mechanic Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: government employees had easier tasks
Repair and rebuild HUMVEE vehicle bodies utilizing aircraft structure repair techniques. Grind weld repairs and install modification plates per scope of work. Tram environment with lean manufacturing pronciples updated as needed. Very rewarding job to see the end product for our war fighters.
produvtive and fun work place with ping pong tables and gym.
S-2 assembler (Former Employee), Sylmar, CAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: payed vacations
Cons: short breaks
My work day would start at 6:00 am and end at 3:30 pm. I walk into work clock in and get to work on whatever my boss needed done first. And I'd continue to work hard and finish whatever I could with the time given to me. My coworker's where very nice and work hard as well. They would help me with anything I needed help with if they could. My manager – more... was a very fair and respectable man. The hardest thing about working there was when it would get slow and there wouldn't be much work to do. And the best part of the job was always being able to learn new thing's to better assist my ability to do my best. – less
Sr. Financial Analyst
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Reston VAMarch 1, 2014
Over 10 years of Financial, Cost Analysis, Pricing, Tracking of Quality Assurance, Inventory Control, Expense Reports, Timesheet reviews/ Timesheet corrections, Equipment Logistics, Procurement, and Administrative Assistant experience.

•Set up workforce, charging structure, create PLC labor categories, PLC rates, and assign employees to the workforce, – more... billing and revenue in CostPoint for programs.
•Create Purchase Requisitions for subcontractors in CostPoint.
•Prepare, analyze, and submit billing to the customer.
•Create and update EAC (Estimate at Complete) for related programs.
•Monitor funding for all programs. Create the AFR (Additional Funds Request) and Risk documentation for those programs that have funding limitation issues.
•Attend customer meeting to discuss financial information.
•Provide ceiling/funding and modifications to subcontractors.
•Billing generation, review, and submission to the supporting customer.
•Monitor all funding for all contracts.
•Initiates the beginning processes of all program start-ups to the closing of the program. – less
Okay place to work, blessed to have a job!
STOCK CLERK (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: days go by real fast
Cons: healthcare, no advancement, snow days, no fringe
Days go by fast, I learned a lot. Management is not the best. Like most of co-workers. Hardest part of my job is adjusting to working with less people. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing my job and getting recognized for it.
Combat Ops All work and Good Pay
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), BagramFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: money, good learning experience
Cons: combat theatre
84 hour weeks. Time and a half. Lots of opportunity to move up. Not much of a life outside of work but we were in Afghanistan. Great opportunity
Interesting industry and exciting cutting edge
Buyer 1/ Procurement Support (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Lots of courses and learning events for military clientelle.
Overall, L3 is an Excellent Company
Program Director (Current Employee), Fort Rucker, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Army Fleet Support- a great place to work!
If you are from lower Alabama and enjoy the lifestyle. It is a little difficult to fit into the "way of doing things" with AFS, as they do not always fall inline with Army Regulations governing army aviation maintenance. If you are coming from a career military position, this is a very difficult adjustment, – more... but it can also be very rewarding. – less
Wonderful Team to work with. Great atmosphere
Sr. IT Recruiter (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Full Life Cycle Recruiter duties
Sourcing, Screening Negotiate Offers.
Supported numerous programs and worked with Hiring Managers of all levels. Great work environment and team.
Great place to learn
Project Manager Senior Project Control (Current Employee), Norman, OKFebruary 24, 2014
Great mentors and learning/growth opportunities. Great place to expand on roles and responsibilities.
the best company I ever worked for
Kurdish and Arabic linguist (Former Employee), overseasFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: managment, pay
Cons: nothing
I worked with L3 as a Linguist for U.S. Army overseas. My job was not safe, But the management and the company staff were making every possible thing to make my daily job safe and comfortable. comparing to other contractors which they were working with different companies, I was getting paid more and getting more PTO times.
It's my biggest dream to – more... work with L3 again.. – less
L3
Accounts Payable File Clerk (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 22, 2014
Very nice coworkers. Very quiet environment. Flexible hours.
Great Company
Accounr Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Great company with room to grow, great people, gained incredible amount of knowledge in telecommunications as well as an enjoyable environment.
Great place to work.
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2014
I hated to leave, and would go back if ever called. Great co-workers that made it a joy to be there. Hardest part of the job was meeting the demands of the government.

About L-3 Communications

L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos