L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications Employee Reviews

An interesting place to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2016
A well organized company with opportunities to learn new skills. Management is well structured and co-workers provide a good team working environment.
Pros
The company provided a good break area with respectable break times.
Cons
Internal company transfers can be better managed
Field Service Techician
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax Nova Scotia13 July 2016
The tasking is rewarding and brings to the table daily challenges and interesting technical work. As a stand alone self managed worker the largest obstacle faced in the peer support and task management. However the greatest satisfaction is the job completion and customer satisfaction.
Excellent benefits and wonderful atmosphere in which to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  649 North Service Rd. Burlington, Ontario21 September 2015
One of the top ten employers in the GTA.

Very dynamic and insightful employees.

Very health and lifestyle conscious. Many health benefits provided....such as gym memberships, RMT, and optical programs.

Management are approachable and eager to discuss any new ideas from any member of the organization.
Pros
free fruit, tea, coffee and an excellent cafeteria with healthy options
Cons
Recent restructure/ many valuable employees were lost.
Progressive company, good employee benefits
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 November 2013
My experiences at L3 Wescam were very good overall. I had a very busy job and worked long hours to meet monthly deadlines. The majority of my co-workers were awesome people. However, one person was petty, jealous, and prevented me from gaining experience in certain aspects of my job. And made untrue allegations to Management about me. Most of my Managers that I had were fair, approachable and honest. As well as genuinely concerned with mentoring me and assisting me in acquiring new skills and giving me new opportunities. However, one Manager was not interested in helping me pursue a different career path in any other department, and was influenced by misinformation given by one long term, dishonest employee. I miss several of my co-workers, as I built close relationships with many of them throughout several departments in the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, bagel days, every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
Cons
Was not given opportunity due to someone's personal agenda.
No growth, but good place to work. Only one major contract which was with DND.
Program Manager Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Halifax, Nova Scotia14 April 2016
No growth, but good place to work. Only one major contract which was with DND. Company had a hard time seeing outside the box. Stuck on trying to make savings and not looking to the future with R&D.
Enjoyed working with the people and management, quality focused
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2015
Fun to work environment. Management is supportive and approachable. Some red tape and politics which is normal and tolerable. Place is clean and very professional set-up. Focused on quality and continuous improvement. A place to belong.
Pros
Free bagel and fruits
Cons
many meetings
Interesting and challenging work
Aircraft Structural Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC8 October 2015
Work at L-3 MAS is interesting and very challenging, as it requires hard work and discipline to be successful at fulfilling your duties.

The work consists in supporting and sustaining the CF-18 fleet of the Canadian forces, which makes the work of every employee very important as it impacts the daily usage of the fleet.

The crew is relatively young and fun to work with.

The only downside of the company is the bad management, that need to restore the confidence of the employees in it.
very good
electronic assembler (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 November 2015
Very good company to work for.very good benefits.Very friendy supervisors and coworkers.Do your work, nobody bothers you
Pros
Free lunch and Breakfast for overtime.9/80 hours
Cons
nothing
Interesting products, great working atmosphere.
RELIABILITY AND MAINTAINABILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2015
Design and manufacturing of advanced electro-optic equipment primary for airborne use.

A versatile staff: mechanical, electrical engineers. Always willing to help, respectful, good working patrtners.
The percs are great
Stores Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 June 2015
The industry has been hurting for a few years so its time to look elsewhere.
The cafeteria, has free fruit,tea and coffee, healthy meals cooked for breakfast and lunch. Free bagels, muffins last day of the week.
Pros
cafeteria...healthy meals, free fruit
Cons
long hours, they dont treat injured, or lower paid employees that well
Very good company, Working for military defense.
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  toronto4 October 2015
This was a great a company to work at. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at your own pace completing all work that needed to be done by the end of the day. Great work place atmosphere with the feeling a great teamwork within the work place.
I work in company for 5 years as a instrument technician.
Instrument Technician, Spar Aerospace (Former Employee) –  mississauga,ont5 July 2012
I work on gyroscopic parts and various other parts of boing and seaking halecopter, landing light ,emergency light , pilot stick, grip stick ,shut off valve etc .I leard a lot here , management is good , co-workers are coperrative,the hardest part of the job,is time period,because parts are not available on time, the most enjoyable part of the job is vecation time.
Pros
nice and fresh lunch but we have to pay
Cons
40 hours
an honest place to work
Software developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 August 2015
The people who work at L3Prime are good people and it's a place where you can work without having to wear a corporate mask.

That said, the process is highly disorganized and you will probably not be learning very much after the first few months. It's basically making & fixing web-forms and writing database queries.

On the plus side, if you have a cool idea for a page, Paul is likely to allow you to do it so that can be fun.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
the work can be repetitive
Outstanding Executive Management - but no room for advancement
Administration (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 May 2014
LOVED:
Coworkers
Perks
Every 2nd Friday off
Executive Management
Bagels on Fridays

DISLIKED:
Unethical middle management
Unethical behavior from Senior level HR Management
Hours do not work if you want to spend time with family
Unrealistic expectations
Can not express concern over unethical behaviour without retaliation
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 November 2013
A typical day at work at L3 for me would include cleaning the club; sweeping, mopping, picking up anything on floor, and cleaning bathrooms. I learned that hard work pays off. The management was nice and tended to employees needs. Co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part of my job was carrying mop buckets up stairs. Most enjoyable part of my job was the hours.
Pros
Free entry into club
Cons
Weekend shifts
Office work.
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 February 2013
I enjoyed my time at L3 because of peers. Made many friends over the years, Had nice supervisors but office work tied me to a desk with little ability to get exercise.
Pros
full time work with benefits.
Cons
work was the same everyday. no exercise, stressful contractual time constraints.
Ok job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX1 May 2015
Great coworkers but bad management. Flexible work hours. No job training, learn as you go. Best part of job is seeing the finished product in the aircraft.
Productive and fun workplace.
Electromechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2014
A typical day at work:
- Reporting to Supervisor for assigment of the day.
- Learned different types of troubleshooting and techniques in repair for turrets and survillance cameras.
- Professional management and professional co-workers that knows there tasks.
Pros
free bagels every friday.
Professional work environment
Structures/Liaison Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 July 2012
Professional work environment. Good salary and benefits.
Exciting, faced pace environment. Great people
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 May 2014
Exciting high tech product, progressive work environment. Great co-workers. Great benefits and perks.
Pros
free fruit and coffee/tea
Cons
no part-time positions