L-3 Communications

Perks
Every 2nd Friday off
Executive Management
Bagels on Fridays

DISLIKED:
Unethical middle management
Unethical behavior from Senior level HR Management
Hours do not work if you want to spend time with family
Unrealistic expectations
Can not express concern over unethical behaviour without retaliation
I work in company for 5 years as a instrument technician.
Instrument Technician, Spar Aerospace (Former Employee), mississauga,ontJuly 5, 2012
Pros: nice and fresh lunch but we have to pay
Cons: 40 hours
I work on gyroscopic parts and various other parts of boing and seaking halecopter, landing light ,emergency light , pilot stick, grip stick ,shut off valve etc .I leard a lot here , management is good , co-workers are coperrative,the hardest part of the job,is time period,because parts are not available on time, the most enjoyable part of the job is – more... vecation time. – less
Professional work environment
Structures/Liaison Engineer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 1, 2012
Professional work environment. Good salary and benefits.
Great company until they sold out/were taken over
Administration / Facility Security Officer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Very top heavy and only take care of those at the top, anyone else should not feel secure in their job
I really enjoyed working for l-3 Link simulation and training
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: contract ended
I really enjoyed working for l-3 Link simulation and training
Warehouse Operations
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: work environment
Run material release orders, pull parts, receive parts, place parts in customer bins, issue customer parts, do turn ins to higher echelon.
Broad working environment, multiple careers, defense communications
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: wide variety of opportunity
Cons: 1.5 years+ restructuring (downsizing)
Good work, good people, challenging times. Flex hours. Rhapsody. UML. Plenty of management. Co-workers are devoted to the job. Morale can be rough due to layoffs. Creativity encouraged, but schedule and budget are priority one.
Professional workplace
Virtual Proposal Center (VPC) Manager (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 11, 2014
My 14 years with L-3 was very exciting, challenging and educational. I was exposed to all areas of Business Development. I was promoted to the VPC Manager which introduced me to the Information Technology side of business where I developed database management skills and many other areas of Information Technology.
Movement
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Hampton Roads, VASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: growth
Cons: contract issues
I worked for L-3 for 14 years and started as an Office manager with education skill set. After and through all the company's changes I was given the opportunity to grow, learn, challenge and be a part of an exciting environment. Although the contract that I was on at the end was lost I felt a huge sense of pride to work for L-3.
Very fulfilling experience, working with top notch SMEs.
Installation Management Senior Mentor (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanSeptember 9, 2014
Excellent benefits, compensation as promised and would work for them again.
RESET MAINTENANCE
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay
Cons: no career advancement
A typical day would start at 6:00 am, and would end at 3:00 pm.
Really dependant on the division
Sr. Program Manager/General Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2014
If you are associated with a forward looking division, great. Otherwise you will be in a short sighted numbers driven enviornment.
L-3
Software Development and IT Security Manager (Current Employee), Sierra Vista AZSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: unorganized, uniformed and unprofessional customer
L-3 awarded me opportunities and was very understanding of my position as a single parent. The hardest part of the job was the customer (US Army) support. They often gave conflicting guidance, did not know what requirements they needed.
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites
Manufacturing coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every other friday off), 3 to 4 weeks vacation, 1 week personal time
Cons: poor management, no advancement opportunities
great PTO, poor management and growth opportunites

Mostly good people at work. Management concentrates on self preservation and their bonuses. Management all form over substance.

Very poor morale within the workforce because of management and lack of growth. Layoffs 3 times in the last year or so. When problems arise they add another layer of management – more... and layoff the manufacturing employees – less
Defense Contractor
Admin/Editor/Graphics Artist (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 2, 2014
Enjoyed working with them at Fort Benning. Good company to work for.
Standard Contracting Company
Fleet Support Representative (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: provided spot performance bonuses.
I worked remotely so I had little interaction with the company in general. But never had any problems while I worked there.
It was a job
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee), AfghanistanSeptember 1, 2014
It was a job, I spent a lot of time away from home and they required you to take any training you requested during your "off" time.
International employment opportunities. High quality, professional coworkers.
A&P Mechanic /QA (Former Employee), Greenville, TX / Bagram Air Field AfghanistanAugust 30, 2014
Pros: war-zone wages, travel, multicultural environment
Cons: contracted employment
As long as you're wanting to travel, L-3 affords ample opportunities for international and domestic travel for job assignments. Travel accommodations were excellent. The various departments of coworkers were highly experienced, professional, and friendly.
Great place to work. Very family oriented. Caring.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2014
Pros: caring and fun place to work
Cons: leaving and benefits
I worked for the Senior Vice President. Had a great working relationship with him and all my co-worker. Was there for 14 years and thought I would retire there. But with cut backs and my boss retiring. I was forced to leave.
While I was there, I started off as receptionist. I quickly moved up the ladder and ended with my dream job. I loved what I did. – more... There was no hard part of my job. When things go tough for someone, we always had their back. We were very supportive of each other. – less
a mess
Customer Service Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
no training. You are on your own and it is too segregated. Management is not engaged.

1 2 3 4 5

About L-3 Communications

L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations – Read more

L-3 Communications Photos