L'Oreal Canada

L'Oreal Canada Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging yet rewarding
Product Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: amazing brands, products and people.
Cons: no work life balance.
A dynamic, vibrant and exciting company.
A work day at L'Oreal is never typical: it is constantly changing and filled with new challenges. It ranges from solving various issues (strategic and logistic), product forecast analysis, business analysis and creating successful launch executions in store. The objective of every day was to seek new ways to grow the business and implement these programs nationally.

I have learned many skills at this role that are viable for my future career success. The most important skill is being able to adapt in a constantly changing environment and make strategic decisions under pressure of tight deadlines. Another valuable skill which I have learned is conducting detailed, sku-specific analysis to understand all aspects of the business and emerging market trends.

The management is quite supportive and is dedicated to the success of their team. They are demanding, yet motivating and rigorously work on developing their employees, both personally and professionally.

The co-workers at L'Oreal are very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone is very helpful and will always prioritize the needs of the team over their own. The people at L'Oreal are the most innovative and intelligent minds that I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The most difficult part of the job is managing tight deadlines when required elements do not arrive on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership and creative freedom that you are given of your business. You have autonomous control of all your projects and all ideas to grow the business are welcome.
Best company to start a career
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2014
Lots of trainings and challenges
Big opportunities to advance and be promoted
Amazing working environment
No work/personal balance, you spent must of your time at work...
Productive, fun workplace with great perks
REGIONAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: freee lunches, travel outside your territory
Cons: short notice for events and training sessions
Responsible for training Ontario sales teams in product knowledge and sales skills. Assisted the teams at important store events. This role helped me improve my public speaking and leadership skills. A great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to train in different parts of Canada on a very short notice. However, everything else was very enjoyable. Great team and supportive management.
really good place to work
Forklift Production Worker (Former Employee), Montreal,Quebec,CanadaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good salary, good management, international company
Cons: the schedules
Good salary, good management, the best technology for productivity, one of the biggest companies in the world. The only bad thing is that there it's no fixed schedule, it could be day, evening or night !they change your schedule as they desire which really disturbs your social , family life and your sleeping patterns.
Great School - however one must eventually graduate
Group Product Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training, coaching, national campaigns, benefits, free product, learning and development, commeraderie, passionate peers, international mandate
Cons: excessively long hours, lack of upper management accountability, passive agressive and non-transparent management styles, bullying from vps and directors, 75% of time ppt presentations instead of marketing work, environment based largely on fear.
L'Oreal provides employees with superb training and coaching. The challenge is that eventually the excessive demands on your personal life begin to outweigh the professional benefits. Reluctance to challenge status quo is another challenge they currently face and as a result many key players resign or go on burn out leave. As a manager who works hard to retain and motivate employees these are red flags that are a major concern. I appreciate my time at L'Oreal and credit them with helping me to excel and become the astute business woman I am today. Like all experiences in life, it was time to leave and try new opportunities.
Great Management School
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2013
Very demanding working place, competitive environment, attracts young professionals, high employee turnover
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montreal QCJune 4, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: it was only contract
At L'Oreal my tasks included much of what I was taught at school. how to file a document, opening main, separating invoices, using all the equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. I was also in charge of the Cash department so handling money was very important.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Great place to work for. Amazing management, good team work, great technology.