L'Oreal Canada

L'Oreal Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun workplace with great perks
REGIONAL TRAINER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: freee lunches, travel outside your territory
Cons: short notice for events and training sessions
Responsible for training Ontario sales teams in product knowledge and sales skills. Assisted the teams at important store events. This role helped me improve my public speaking and leadership skills. A great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to train in different parts of Canada on a very short notice. However, everything else – more... was very enjoyable. Great team and supportive management. – less
really good place to work
Forklift Production Worker (Former Employee), Montreal,Quebec,CanadaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good salary, good management, international company
Cons: the schedules
Good salary, good management, the best technology for productivity, one of the biggest companies in the world. The only bad thing is that there it's no fixed schedule, it could be day, evening or night !they change your schedule as they desire which really disturbs your social , family life and your sleeping patterns.
Great School - however one must eventually graduate
Group Product Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecAugust 13, 2013
Pros: training, coaching, national campaigns, benefits, free product, learning and development, commeraderie, passionate peers, international mandate
Cons: excessively long hours, lack of upper management accountability, passive agressive and non-transparent management styles, bullying from vps and directors, 75% of time ppt presentations instead of marketing work, environment based largely on fear.
L'Oreal provides employees with superb training and coaching. The challenge is that eventually the excessive demands on your personal life begin to outweigh the professional benefits. Reluctance to challenge status quo is another challenge they currently face and as a result many key players resign or go on burn out leave. As a manager who works hard – more... to retain and motivate employees these are red flags that are a major concern. I appreciate my time at L'Oreal and credit them with helping me to excel and become the astute business woman I am today. Like all experiences in life, it was time to leave and try new opportunities. – less
Great Management School
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 22, 2013
Very demanding working place, competitive environment, attracts young professionals, high employee turnover
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montreal QCJune 4, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: it was only contract
At L'Oreal my tasks included much of what I was taught at school. how to file a document, opening main, separating invoices, using all the equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. I was also in charge of the Cash department so handling money was very important.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 3, 2012
Great place to work for. Amazing management, good team work, great technology.
Fast-paced environment with enthusiastic and energy driven individuals.
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, OHOctober 1, 2013
Pros: meeting targets and receiving bonuses.
Cons: health care benefits
Each day brought new challenges. With the ever changing client base and new products. Adapting and conforming to the needs of diverse clientele which enabled me to understand the ever changing needs of the consumer.

As a manager I recognized the ability to organize and execute various aspects in order to motivate both senior and junior staff.

Working – more... with colleagues I recognized the various strengths and weaknesses with each individual.

Sometimes, the most difficult situation often arose from budget.

The most rewarding aspects are the challenges and meeting an over-all objective. – less