L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Upbeat and fun atmosphere
Fragrance Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, PASeptember 3, 2013
Helping clientele find exactly what they are looking for and providing them with excellent customer service.
worst job I've ever had
manager (Former Employee), vaSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: penny purchases
Cons: i think i said enough
First off, the expectation level is higher than what any human being could possibly possess. As a manager, undoubtedly more is expected of you then your employees, but to give an example of how i was personally treated as well as other managers of the same district, i worked 3 months solid by MYSELF 63 hours a week, open to close monday-saturday in – more... a very high volume store with absolutely NO HELP. I could not hire my own employees, they had to be hired by my district manager. The stress alone during that time made me lose a lot of weight, i was constantly sick, and didnt get a smidgen of sympathy, in fact, they told me work the 63 hours or not have a job. I love L'Oreal themselves but salon centric was the worst company they could have ever bought into. – less
Great environment for Growth
Business Development Manager/Education Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
Great environment for growth and networking opportunities. High paced, competitive division. Intense travel.
Great company to work with
Line Operator (Current Employee), Clark, NJAugust 20, 2013
Fine corporation to work for. The management is fantastic and they have overall good benefits
Good secure work setting, close friendly employees.
Chemical Processor (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free break periods with pay
Cons: short breaks because they were free
A typical day at work:
I go to my locker put away my belongings and change into the proper clothing. then proceed to my work area; where I would check the work load and find my scheduled batches for the day/my scheduled hours. I would proceed to complete/make those batches that I was assigned. At times I would be required to attend meetings with my – more... staff and management.

What you learned:
I learned how to work with different machines, kettles, mills, mixers and was retrained to use a hi-lo.

Management:
They are very helpful and someone is always available .

Your co-workers:
Very good workers and helpful with advice if needed.

The hardest part of the job:
At first was getting used to the long hours but I soon became accustomed/familiar with them.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Thursday payday it made all worth while. – less
Great Company
Global Marketing Coordinator, Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2013
I wish I could have worked there but unfortunarely my intership did not lead to a full time job.
Business Objects Developer (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 11, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Going over projects due dates,
Challenges are part of this work environment so we take it deliever it well
L'OREAL USA was good to me and I enjoyed working for them.
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: na
Directed the merchandising, inventory, display, and special promotions of Maybelline and L'OREAL cosmetics, hair, and skincare for over 60 locations throughout the El Paso and Southern New Mexico region.
I enjoyed meeting people from all different walks of life and a lot of them became friends and we all worked well together even though I did not work – more... for them.
The hardest part of the job was being laid off. – less
QC Inspector (Current Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 7, 2013
Pros: omelete thursdays
The people are nice. Most of the people I have worked with have been around for more than 20 years.
Enjoyed working with my distributors, great team.
Southeast Territory Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: excellent benifits, enjoyed working for l"oreal.
Cons: this was not a 40 hour work week job.
I was responsible for servicing 18 distributors & Salons, Beauty Schools, throughout the Southeast (Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, South & North Carolina. I had sales projections to meet each month. Worked with our educational team , scheduling trade shows,insalon classes, school classes. Most enjoyable part of this job was, working – more... with the clients, and the team. – less
An Experience for the Beauty Lover
Unknown (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 1, 2013
Pros: employee perks
Cons: not enough time in the day
The typical day is overall relaxed, yet productive. Co-workers are great.
Fun Job
Assembly (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHJuly 28, 2013
Pros: was liked
Cons: was very warm in building, not enough money
Pay would never change and I was looking more for a job that I had training in.
Processing - Challenging but Motivated
Process Operator (Preweigh), Temporary (Former Employee), Franklin, NJJuly 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of communciation from management
I found that the processing of skin care products at L'Oreal, was challenging. It motivated me to be efficient and precise at my job.
Multiple Contract based position
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2013
Branding design (logo, web, social media and print) of Softsheen-Carson’s “Style Team” live platform hair division. Online and Print Designs of Softsheen-Carson’s “Shine” tour (digital retouching, banners, brochures, posters, direct mailers, etc.)
Managed Daily Operations
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: great people to work with and a great culture. work was fun
Cons: end of month typically required working long saturdays and sundays
A typical day involved coaching employees and working with my peers on achieving the needs of our customers by the deadline. Here I learned how to change a culture of a organization and different ways to coach mentor and communicate with my peers and employees. The hardest part of the job was usually at the end of the month when the customer placed – more... high demands on our facility. – less
Great place to work and great people! I loved working there.
Processor/Preweigh & Line Operator (Former Employee), Clark, NJJuly 11, 2013
- Learned a lot about safety, team work, & efficiency of work and production.
- Extremely helpful co-workers and management.
A joyful experience
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), Milano, LOMJune 26, 2013
Had to establish a forecast model for the demand of different products. In charge of writing monthly management and profitability analysis of product lines. Analysis of consumer behavior regarding marketing policies. Worked closely with the finance, IT and marketing department.
Great Company to work for!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJune 25, 2013
Very customer focused, family oriented, great management, and work/life balance. The company cared about their employees.
Great place to work, but dont expect to go anywhere
Manager (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJune 15, 2013
L'oreal is a great place to work with great benefits, flexible working arrangements, a great culture, and exciting positions.

However, dont expect to be promoted unless you are either French or willing to stab your coworkers in the back to take more credit than you deserve...
A really bad company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Franklin, NJJune 14, 2013
Pros: company store, nice name on your resume
Cons: long hours, bad managers, limited career growth
I would not recommend to anyone to join this company if you value weekends, evenings and nights. The manufacturing environment is highly stressful with very long hours. Management was incompetent and rude in my case. Turnover is ridiculously high with many departments having all new people fresh out of college.

Some other locations have decent managers – more... and better work-life balance, but it really is hit or miss.

In terms of career growth there is not a good succession planning in place. Movements across division and functions are limited and as far as I have seen it is much more likely to be fired than to be promoted.

Stay away. – less

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more