L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great internship!
Designer Fragrances Division Field Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2013
Pros: people, pay
Cons: ended too quickly
Lovely to work here. Gained invaluable amounts of knowledge about the luxury goods industry. Truly one of the best experiences of my life.
Good
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJune 5, 2013
Pros: company store discount
Great place to work just wish they had more positions available for a return as an intern.
VMI Account Manager (Former Employee), Township of South Brunswick, NJMay 15, 2013
Pros: good environment and co-workers
Rated one of the best places to work in NJ.
Strong marketing group. Marketing driven company.
High paced, lively, and interesting.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 6, 2013
Screen calls, make travel reservations, order office supplies, trouble shoot office equipment. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people with whom I work. Hardest part of the job multi-tasking and being prepared for unexpected, urgent demands.
Busy, yet great people to work with.
Senior Technical Packaging Specialist (Current Employee), Clark, NJApril 28, 2013
Review new, existing, and upcoming projects with engineers, and go over testing needed, issues, and report test results. Conduct testing using various equipment, that is in the Lab and write reports when testing is completed.
Great company for a young marketer wanting to develop in beauty
Director Global Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2013
Fast paced environment, frequent management meetings. Opportunities for advancement are available for hardworking individuals. Speaking French is helpful. But be prepared for some late nights.
all work no life
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Largo, FLApril 9, 2013
Cons: no break from 2:15 to 7pm
nice place to work people I work with are nice to work with.ALOT OF HOURS.no life family is missing me and missing family 12 hr days 5 days a week and at least 8 hrs on sat. wouldn't be to bad but at 8.50/hr not really worth it but no jobs out there so have to do what you got to do.
Appreciated and enjoyed by employment at L'Oreal.
Line Operator (Former Employee), Clark, NJApril 1, 2013
I found L'Oreal to be a fine and decent company to work for. I enjoyed being able to contribute via my normal duties and my that which contributed as a voluntary member of the various committees I was part of,
Working for L'Oréal
Marketing (Former Employee), United KingdomMarch 29, 2013
Pros
- High Levels of Responsibility given early
- High Budget Spend
- Some freedom to Try New Ideas
- People are generally intelligent, motivated and ambitious and fun

Cons
- Political
- Incredibly slow moving, decisions take a long time by which point the competition has already sped ahead
- Legal are ultra strict and inefficient, only accept paper – more... submissions
- Company is completely inefficient, repetitive reports, work which could be automated
- IT is shockingly bad. Internet down for half days at a time, months to resolve
- Email culture, cc everyone to cover your backside
- Senior Management are arrogant, false, pretend to care because they've been told to show more empathy
- Scores very low on internal worker survey vs UK average
- Meetings NEVER start on time, not uncommon for senior meetings to run over by 5,6 hours
- Late nights are inevitable as there simply aren't enough people to cover the workload
- Headcount is kept unbearably low, the very minimum to get the job barely done
- Due to such heavy work load many have checked out on stress leave
- As another poster said they think you'll never leave
- No salary bands are published, zero transparency from upper management ( this is starting to
change)
- HR have no succession planning or a very vague plan of you can be a General Manager within 5 years
- The place practically runs on Interns and Grads who are brought through the Management Trainee programme but are really a form of cheap labour and often take up positions that would be full time headcount in other firms

Avoid unless you just want the name on your CV – less
Thanks Loreal
Education Training Consultan (Former Employee), koreaMarch 29, 2013
• Investigated and updated activities on customer account.
• Responded and resolved questions and needs of customers in a timely, professional and courteous manner
• Evaluated performance and ensured that customer business needs were being met
• Provided client retention and satisfaction
• Presentated to client in a prompt, professional and friendly – more... manner
• Gathered information about the customer to place product and service orders
• Managed local area market – less
love it
Executive Assistant to President/ Chairman (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2013
wonderful job, great executive. enjoyed going into work every day. each day provided a new learning experience for which i am grateful. I am looking to accept a career that will be as fulfilling as this job was.
Great organization, great people!
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2013
Pros: work/life balance fantastic, great healthcare, great products.
Too bad it all changed. I loved my career with L'Oreal and would have stayed forever but it has all been outsourced to Convergence and no longer offers the salaried positions in the field.
productive
Returnee (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJMarch 5, 2013
busy enviornment, keeps you on your toes and alert
working with computers. fast pace.
PACKAGING INNOVATION
Designer (Former Employee), ParisMarch 5, 2013
MAKEUP PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT SERVICE.
• Strength of innovation proposal makeup (Rendering).
• Prototyping for submission to brand managers.
• Design for manufacturing (Solidworks).
Very international environment and strong personalities
MBA Intern - Strategic Marketing Asia Pacific (Former Employee), ParisMarch 3, 2013
L'Oreal is a company that is greatly focused on individual responsibility and hence has a great environment of very motivated, young people with strong personalities who are responsible to chart their own careers within the company with their professional and networking skills.

The HR team is a constant support at L'Oreal and every employee has multiple – more... feedback and update sessions with the HR representatives. They know you just as well as your Managers and are personally involved in your career growth. – less
Productive, not family oriented at all though
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: salary was great
Cons: when managment has a chance for a different area they jump
From the day I started to about the end of 2009 we went through 4-5 managers in my department. In other words when I was still with staffmark, every time we got a new I had to prove myself again and again, my weighing time was way above average They had me weighing, service work such as take trash out clean weighing utensils ect ect, and doing house – more... orders which we weighed for other plants for what we had they didn't have. – less
It's a good company for a young candidates who want to learn and move on in 2 yrs.
art director (Former Employee), new yorkFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: overwhelming work load with little support staff
Cons: long hours
Bussy day.
Time management skills.
Management i same as any other company of that size in that industry. What is written and what is in practice are two differnet realities.
If you are dealing with beauty and retail and have a passion it is a good environment.
High energy working area
L'Oreal Social Media Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2013
Team work is a big deal at L'Oreal. They are efficient and expect you to be the same. Everyone gives 110%, and it was an honor interning for them.
good work environment
case picker (Former Employee), Dayton, NJJanuary 20, 2013
A typical day at work would be talk to co workers get your work done . It was a friendly place. Management was good they gave good direction. Hardest part of the job was the long standing on your feet. Best part was the co workers were all enjoyable people.
Fun and productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: in a nice area
Cons: it's a temporary assignment
I enjoy working here, but it's only a temporary assignment.

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more