L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My Supervisor always noticed my good work.
Sales Mailing Center Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, NJFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: no room for advancement
Great place to work not much job advancement. Wish they could have worked on that.
Great place to begin a career
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Streetsboro, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: discounted beauty products
Cons: instability
This is a good company to begin a career with, but with their willingness to move operations from city to city it is not very stable if you are unwilling to relocate.
Number 1 cosmetic company in the world
Procurement Manager (Current Employee), Clark, NJFebruary 11, 2014
Worked on operations side which is very focused on results. Many opportunities for advancement and growth.
Not a nice place to work/ very competitive.
Marketing and Sales Operations Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: you can't have a life
You weren't expected to have a life outside of work. People talked behind your back even management.
was a good company til they relocated
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 5, 2014
ran multiple machines on 1 line
loved the hours 6-2:30
formed lasting relationships with many co-workers
the hardest part of the job was viewing very small writing
Loreal was a good introduction into FMCG. Learned a lot about corporate companies. Doing online training.
Sales consultant (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: basic salary, car allowance, petrol, medical aid, pension fund and policies
Call on clients, ensuring promotions is up and running, work with merchandiser to ensure stands and shelf's are in accordance with lay-outs. Building displays, check testers and replacing testers. Increasing orders and working with consultants, managers, regional managers and merchandisers. Uplift credits if necessary. Introduce new lines. Making target. – more... Making sure all point of sale is updated and correct. – less
Very friendly enviroment, Spacious, Fun,an Productive.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Florence, KYFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: at christmas time would recieve over $200 worth of free shampoos an etc.
Cons: short breaks
Pulling orders an raw materials for pre-weigh,executing T.O.,operate in compliance with OSHA, pulling components for production, utilizing scanner systems,restocking,cleaning work area, taking out trash. most enjoyable part of job getting to learn so much from management Tom Robinson,being cross trained,having daily goals.There is nothing I disliked – more... about my job. – less
Not staying around
Chemical Processor (Former Employee), Clark, NJJanuary 28, 2014
Management did not showing consideration to employees, it was always about the bottom line
Fun and fast moving environment
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Hammersmith, ENGJanuary 23, 2014
Typical day at work is to support Retail Business Manager and Beauty consultant population
Bad District Manager
Artistry (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: laziest boss ever
Lazy, She's never available nor answers calls yet demands numbers with no support. Most people YSL hires gets fired. Don't work for them. She is by far the Laziest Boss I've ever had.
Many brands, room to grow
Manager- Sales Events, Matrix (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Face-paced environment. Every day is different. Energetic, smart and helpful co-workers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day begins with sanitizing your perfume and cologne bottles, speak to all customers, engage potential customers with perfume/cologne product.

This is a non-management position

Rotate sales, assist co-worker if motioned to close a sale.

The job is not hard; the most important part of the job is to wear the proper shoes in order to endure – more... the long hous on your feet.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when sales goals are exceeded, – less
Good workplace/People with even better benifits
Line Operator (Current Employee), Clark, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great benifits, great shifts, great people
Cons: small working stations
A typical work day at L'Oreal would entail, processing and packaging L'Oreal approved materials into a diverse profile of packing containers. I learned much about taking responsibility for my own actions, working environment, as well as a diverse knowledge portfolio in mechanical operations and product assortment. My coworkers were extremely pleasant/professional – more... and I enjoy working with them on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was learning how to process "product change overs," but I learned how to effectively carry out those tasks and learned many valuable skills because of that training. Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job at L'Oreal would be preparing all product for shipment and ensuring that it was done to the best of the teams abilities. – less
hard-working, very demanding and good environment
PRODUCT MANAGER ASSISTANT (MARKETING DEPARTMENT) (Former Employee), MadridJanuary 20, 2014
Working at L'Oréal is a unique experience, a company totally focused on marketing and considered one of the best companies in the world. It is a very demanding atmosphere, that makes you give 120% of you and where you can learn a lot every second. You cannot miss the opportunity to work there, even for an internship, where you get totally prepared for – more... real life.

A very good working atmosphere is the other side of the coin, which helps you relax, be with friends and get to know the nightlife of the city. – less
Very Stressful Working Environment
Junior Packaging and Development Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: very long hours
I get to work at 7am. I thereafter attend a production meeting which addresses our daily business issues. I then set about resolving issues that pertain to my department by motivating and inspiring co workers to achieve the tasks at hand so that targets are met.
I also analyse samples of components that are brought in from suppliers in an attempt to – more... improve the quality of supplied components. – less
Very fun and amazing and a lot of experience and learned
Line Operator (Former Employee), Clark, NJJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: very helpful
Cons: free makeup
Very Friendly willing to teach and help and show me how to operate a computer for the machine
creative, a good foundation for my so called "beauty" editorialist career
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: the prestige of the company
Cons: no chance to advance
I've learn a lot not only about beauty products and industry but also working with a female audience
Productive and a fun place to Work!!
Production/ Processing Manager - Luxe Division (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work!! Very challenging and a great place to be creative!!
It was ok financially, but the work environment was not so good.
Team Leader (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: short breaks and poor management
Basically the management ruins the whole atmosphere at that plant in North Little Rock. It's a good place to start and get work experiance, but I wasn't convienced that it was a place I wanted to retire from.
fun and productive workplace
Machine Operator/compounding/pakaging mechanic (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 26, 2013
Pros: paid lunches and breaks..
Cons: short lunches healthcare
A typical day at work, learning how to run all different product's threw the day.. I learn how to set up and display machines, and fix all malfunction on the production line. management was always supportive in my day to day activity. Working with my co-workers was always a plus on every job" team work".. The hardest part of my job, is trying to keep – more... my production machine running with out stopping. The most enjoyable part of my job, is when there is no malfunction threw out the day at work, everything is running smooth, and me and my co-workers on my production line have grade A quality at the end of the day. – less

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more