L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad District Manager
Artistry (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits
Cons: laziest boss ever
Lazy, She's never available nor answers calls yet demands numbers with no support. Most people YSL hires gets fired. Don't work for them. She is by far the Laziest Boss I've ever had.
Many brands, room to grow
Manager- Sales Events, Matrix (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Face-paced environment. Every day is different. Energetic, smart and helpful co-workers.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 21, 2014
A typical day begins with sanitizing your perfume and cologne bottles, speak to all customers, engage potential customers with perfume/cologne product.

This is a non-management position

Rotate sales, assist co-worker if motioned to close a sale.

The job is not hard; the most important part of the job is to wear the proper shoes in order to endure – more... the long hous on your feet.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when sales goals are exceeded, – less
Good workplace/People with even better benifits
Line Operator (Current Employee), Clark, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great benifits, great shifts, great people
Cons: small working stations
A typical work day at L'Oreal would entail, processing and packaging L'Oreal approved materials into a diverse profile of packing containers. I learned much about taking responsibility for my own actions, working environment, as well as a diverse knowledge portfolio in mechanical operations and product assortment. My coworkers were extremely pleasant/professional – more... and I enjoy working with them on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was learning how to process "product change overs," but I learned how to effectively carry out those tasks and learned many valuable skills because of that training. Finally, the most enjoyable part of my job at L'Oreal would be preparing all product for shipment and ensuring that it was done to the best of the teams abilities. – less
hard-working, very demanding and good environment
PRODUCT MANAGER ASSISTANT (MARKETING DEPARTMENT) (Former Employee), MadridJanuary 20, 2014
Working at L'Oréal is a unique experience, a company totally focused on marketing and considered one of the best companies in the world. It is a very demanding atmosphere, that makes you give 120% of you and where you can learn a lot every second. You cannot miss the opportunity to work there, even for an internship, where you get totally prepared for – more... real life.

A very good working atmosphere is the other side of the coin, which helps you relax, be with friends and get to know the nightlife of the city. – less
Very Stressful Working Environment
Junior Packaging and Development Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: very long hours
I get to work at 7am. I thereafter attend a production meeting which addresses our daily business issues. I then set about resolving issues that pertain to my department by motivating and inspiring co workers to achieve the tasks at hand so that targets are met.
I also analyse samples of components that are brought in from suppliers in an attempt to – more... improve the quality of supplied components. – less
Very fun and amazing and a lot of experience and learned
Line Operator (Former Employee), Clark, NJJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: very helpful
Cons: free makeup
Very Friendly willing to teach and help and show me how to operate a computer for the machine
creative, a good foundation for my so called "beauty" editorialist career
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Bucuresti, IFJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: the prestige of the company
Cons: no chance to advance
I've learn a lot not only about beauty products and industry but also working with a female audience
Productive and a fun place to Work!!
Production/ Processing Manager - Luxe Division (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Great place to work!! Very challenging and a great place to be creative!!
It was ok financially, but the work environment was not so good.
Team Leader (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: short breaks and poor management
Basically the management ruins the whole atmosphere at that plant in North Little Rock. It's a good place to start and get work experiance, but I wasn't convienced that it was a place I wanted to retire from.
fun and productive workplace
Machine Operator/compounding/pakaging mechanic (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 26, 2013
Pros: paid lunches and breaks..
Cons: short lunches healthcare
A typical day at work, learning how to run all different product's threw the day.. I learn how to set up and display machines, and fix all malfunction on the production line. management was always supportive in my day to day activity. Working with my co-workers was always a plus on every job" team work".. The hardest part of my job, is trying to keep – more... my production machine running with out stopping. The most enjoyable part of my job, is when there is no malfunction threw out the day at work, everything is running smooth, and me and my co-workers on my production line have grade A quality at the end of the day. – less
Busy, yet productive days, occasionally stressful, but good stressful when getting a project completed, meeting deadlines and working as a team.
Converted to Full Time (Former Employee), Monmouth Junction, NJDecember 12, 2013
Pros: free goods every other month
Cons: long hours, days, many evenings and weekend work - not enough working on the 'retail accounting' team
A typical day means working with Retail store management and managers, as well as corporate departments on any issues that may have come up (credit card issues, inventory issues, sales and tax monitoring). From working with the Retail store management team as well as with corporate departments (treasury, tax) we learned how to make it work for all involved, – more... meeting deadlines, reporting store activity with integrity, communicating with all involved. Co workers within the Retail store management teams was easy, since we all had the same goals and objectives (opening stores on time, with all that is needed for a store to operate); the most difficult part of the position was trying to work with others who were not part of the retail team and who did not have the time to understand what was going on. The retail environment is very exciting and very busy - but working with the teams and getting stores opened was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Great place
maintenance tech (Current Employee), Solon, OHDecember 10, 2013
Maintenance tech for about two year. working with filling lines .
Hands on job
Quality-Process Engineer (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 9, 2013
very hands on about my job and is a very busy environment. During the duration of the job, decision on finished good was really made with proof of evidence.
Lively company to work for
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Solon, OHDecember 5, 2013
Pros: x-mas bonus
enjoyable to go to work
Learned the importance of consumers
Supervisors were very pleasant to work with
co-workers were like family
heavy lifting
when you have a smooth day
Intense workload and relations
Marketing Trainee (Former Employee), Madrid, MDNovember 22, 2013
Great company overall, with a very intense and hardworking culture.
Stable company with benefits
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGNovember 22, 2013
Pros: free cosmetics
Cons: pay rate not too high
It was great to work in Loreal. People are nice and you have access to cheaper Loreal products. Overall, nice place to work at.
Highly demanding environment
Industrial Quality Chemist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJNovember 8, 2013
Pros: company excursions
Cons: minimal advancement opportunities
A typical day of work is exhausting when working with high manufacturing demands there is never any downtime. I have effectively learned to multitask and prioritize every aspect of my job. Management is very supportive there is so much going on in a 24/7 facility that we are extremely independent. I thoroughly enjoy everyone that i work with at L'Oreal – more... i know that we will stay in touch for the rest of our lives. The hardest part of the job is time management squeezing 12 hours of work into and 8 hour day. The most enjoyable part of the job are the company events like volunteer day where we get to venture out and give back to the community. – less
Learn Something New Everyday
Advertising & Events Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: interesting, energetic people
Cons: hectic schedules
I worked with very dynamic and creative people. I was immersed in the hair care and hair color industry and learned so much about marketing and advertising these products and services.

A typical day involved scheduling and customer service. The environment was laid back, but professional, because we worked out a of a training salon.
Its a very hard working environment.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), ParisOctober 24, 2013
People works very late everyday. Things move very fast in specific season or period.

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more