L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Working for Lancome
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 May 2014
Lancôme is a fabulous Company. They have the best makeup textures and finishes I have worked with in my career in cosmetics. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing makeovers and planning for Gift With Purchases. Lancôme's gifts have always been my favourite. I learned a lot with the regular training seminars that the company would provide. from sales training to application of products- Lancôme definitely gave me the confidence I needed for my first job in cosmetics.
Pros
Free Products!
Cons
Working over time before and during events.
Was this review helpful?Yes1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
bon environnement de travail
Opérateur de fabrication occasionnel (Former Employee) –  montreal14 April 2014
Bonne compagnie politique de sécurité et environnement très stricte
beaucoup de formations.
j'ai travaillé plus de trois mois et jusqu'à présent je n'arrive pas à comprendre pourquoi mon contrat a été mis fin, car je travaillais bien et mon rendement était bon.
Peut être certains superviseurs n'ont pas leur place la bas, les décisions doivent être prises par la tête non par le cœur.
Pros
condition de travail sécuritaire et bon salaire
Cons
temporaire et souvent changement de quart
Was this review helpful?Yes30No5Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
une formidable aventure humaine
Cariste (Former Employee) –  montreal10 March 2014
Imaginer travailler pour L’Oréal. Une entreprise reconnue pour son expertise dans tous les circuits de distribution ou de conseil qui propose des produits cosmétiques. Une stratégie d’expansion construite autour de grandes marques mondiales : L’Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, Ombrelle, Essie, Lancôme, Kiehl’s since 1851, Biotherm, Giorgio Armani, Stella McCartney, Ralph Lauren, Cacharel, Paloma Picasso, Diesel, Shu Uemera, L’Oréal Professionnel, Matrix, Redken, Kérastase, PurOlogy, Laboratoire Vichy, Roger & Gallet, SkinCeuticals, Clarisonic, La Roche-Posay and The Body Shop.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive and fun
Freelancer for Shu Umura, YSL, Giorgia Armani (Current Employee) –  Toronto10 February 2014
I have learned many things in different positions I have had in the past.
Was this review helpful?Yes6No2Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
awesome
Prestige Fragrance Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2014
great people great environment great pay nice brands to work with open door policy
Pros
get to move around different locations
Cons
none
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement Agreable,
Assistante-Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2014
Journée de travail agréable ,toujours très achalandées,sous pression et beaucoup de taches a réaliser en même temps mais j,ai aime même les négatifs car il n,y a pas de vie sans les négatifs.

L,aspect le plus agréable c,était les liens de confiance que j,avais pu établi entre moi et mes clients et l,aspect dont j,avais considéré comme un peu difficile c,était les clients insatiable.
Pros
la colaboration des autres
Cons
le non respect.
Was this review helpful?Yes11No8Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Chef de Production
Head of manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Montreal27 December 2013
Élaboré une nouvelle plate-forme permettant de quintupler la capacité de production des lotions de permanentes et répondu ainsi aux besoins de transfert de production de l’usine de Florence vers Montréal

Amélioré les temps de procédé en optimisant les procédés et apportant des modifications importantes aux équipements
Pros
Belle atmosphere de travail
Cons
aucun
Was this review helpful?Yes7No5Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great Brand, Challenge with Distribution
Sr. Reg. Sales Manager Ontario & Maritimes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 August 2013
L'Oreal is better suited to a distribution model, therefore a direct sales force such as L'Oreal Professionnel has it's challenges.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great School - however one must eventually graduate
Group Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec13 August 2013
L'Oreal provides employees with superb training and coaching. The challenge is that eventually the excessive demands on your personal life begin to outweigh the professional benefits. Reluctance to challenge status quo is another challenge they currently face and as a result many key players resign or go on burn out leave. As a manager who works hard to retain and motivate employees these are red flags that are a major concern. I appreciate my time at L'Oreal and credit them with helping me to excel and become the astute business woman I am today. Like all experiences in life, it was time to leave and try new opportunities.
Pros
Training, Coaching, national campaigns, benefits, free product, Learning and Development, commeraderie, passionate peers, international mandate
Cons
Excessively long hours, lack of upper management accountability, passive agressive and non-transparent management styles, bullying from VPs and Directors, 75% of time PPT presentations instead of marketing work, environment based largely on fear.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Very fun and active work place
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC13 July 2013
Great place to work, salary is great but as a temporary worker you have no benefits and hours are not flexible if you have children. But after 2 years...so far so good.
Was this review helpful?Yes19No4Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
sales
Key Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  eaton center20 June 2013
I was the lead makeup artist for the flagship counter. Always keeping busy with clients.
Pros
great sales
Cons
repetative
Was this review helpful?Yes1No1Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Cashier
Caissière (Former Employee) –  ville st-laurent13 June 2013
Come in the store
Puch before start working
Get the basic information from the managers
Get a cash
Count the money in it and make sure there is 200$ in it
Take a place and serve the clients
When finish your shift count your cash
Make a deposit and leave 200$ in your cash
Puch before you exit the work

I learned how to use a cash and I earn experience in talking with the client. There was no hard thing to do.
Was this review helpful?Yes9No3Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Company is not "worth it"
sales (Former Employee) –  Canada4 June 2013
a typical day at work
--Is not 9-5, people work extremely long hours with no work life balance

what you learned
--They expect you to perform and encourage to show-up colleagues to "standout" from the rest

management
--Some great managers in the company, but unfortunately not in my department.

your co-workers
--Can be both amazing and at the same time back-stabbing.
--Co-workers will not hesitate to screw you over if it means they will be getting a promotion

the hardest part of the job
--Remaining in a professional mind-set when everything individuals do within the company is in their own interest as opposed to company longterm benefit

the most enjoyable part of the job
--Benefits, salary, discount on products
Pros
Alot of politics, high turnover, people with little to no experience in positions
Cons
Long hours, poor management, little appreciation for intelligence
Was this review helpful?Yes26No5Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great Management School
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2013
Very demanding working place, competitive environment, attracts young professionals, high employee turnover
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Aspect le plus agreable
Chargée de projets marketing et Publicité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 May 2013
création de maquettes publicitaire.
Organisation d événements.
Gestion d'une équipe de 12 designers graphique
Was this review helpful?Yes3No5Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
lively atmoshphere to work
Fragrance Demonstrator since 1995 - casual (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2013
sign in as a visitor to department store, hand out fragrance cards to customers promoting the product. I learn a lot about dealing with different types of people and thier personalities. Co-workers in the beauty department are a lively bunch to work with, keep things fun. There is no hard part in the job, it is quite the same every time. I enjoy selling and talking with people about the products I believe in and promote. Always trying to find different techniques to sell the product to keep things interesting.
Pros
great wages, free product at times
Cons
no cons that's why i have been doing this for 18 years:)
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Great environment with dedicated, goal oriented employees who put customer satisfaction above all else
Stock and general maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC11 January 2013
Stocking shelves, taking inventory and occasionally providing help on the floor. I learned to listen to what customers want to give them the best experience possible as well as keep them wanting more.
Great management, dedicated employees who love what they do. The best part was the employees. Nothing seemed hard because everyone wanted to be their and made everything enjoyable.
Pros
working with dedicated people
Was this review helpful?Yes11No2Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Bien dans l'ensemble malgré la pression
Chef de Produits (Former Employee) –  Bruxelles, MB26 November 2012
En Marketing ; beaucoup de travail à réaliser dans un délai court. Présentation des produits envers l'équipe commerciale (en français et en anglais)
Was this review helpful?Yes11No8Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
environnement de travail stimulant
Opérateur de fabrication (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2012
une journnée de travail à l'ORÉAL est toujours bien remplie. on se rend pas compte du temps. je travalle dans la pesée. il faut etre efficace car il y a toujours une moyenne à faire.L,aspet le plus difficile est la sécurité, car on travaille avec des produit qui sont de toute nature.
Pros
bon salaire, un travail agréable, un mileu respectueux.
Cons
contrat temporaire, un travail de nuit pour des années et des années.
Was this review helpful?Yes16No5Report
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC4 June 2012
At L'Oreal my tasks included much of what I was taught at school. how to file a document, opening main, separating invoices, using all the equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. I was also in charge of the Cash department so handling money was very important.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
it was only contract
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

4.1
Based on 1,636 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
3.7
Salary/Benefits
3.9
Job Security/Advancement
3.6
Management
3.7
Culture
4.0