L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal24 February 2015
the job was challenging and interesting, i learned how to work and manage team. it was a nice environment and a pleasant staff.
Challenging yet rewarding
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2015
A dynamic, vibrant and exciting company.
A work day at L'Oreal is never typical: it is constantly changing and filled with new challenges. It ranges from solving various issues (strategic and logistic), product forecast analysis, business analysis and creating successful launch executions in store. The objective of every day was to seek new ways to grow the business and implement these programs nationally.

I have learned many skills at this role that are viable for my future career success. The most important skill is being able to adapt in a constantly changing environment and make strategic decisions under pressure of tight deadlines. Another valuable skill which I have learned is conducting detailed, sku-specific analysis to understand all aspects of the business and emerging market trends.

The management is quite supportive and is dedicated to the success of their team. They are demanding, yet motivating and rigorously work on developing their employees, both personally and professionally.

The co-workers at L'Oreal are very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone is very helpful and will always prioritize the needs of the team over their own. The people at L'Oreal are the most innovative and intelligent minds that I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The most difficult part of the job is managing tight deadlines when required elements do not arrive on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership and creative freedom that you are given of your business. You have autonomous control of all your projects and all ideas to grow the business are welcome.
Pros
Amazing brands, products and people.
Cons
No work life balance.
Best company to start a career
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2014
Lots of trainings and challenges
Big opportunities to advance and be promoted
Amazing working environment
No work/personal balance, you spent must of your time at work...
Productive, fun workplace with great perks
REGIONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for training Ontario sales teams in product knowledge and sales skills. Assisted the teams at important store events. This role helped me improve my public speaking and leadership skills. A great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to train in different parts of Canada on a very short notice. However, everything else was very enjoyable. Great team and supportive management.
Pros
Freee lunches, travel outside your territory
Cons
Short notice for events and training sessions
really good place to work
Forklift Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Quebec,Canada3 September 2014
Good salary, good management, the best technology for productivity, one of the biggest companies in the world. The only bad thing is that there it's no fixed schedule, it could be day, evening or night !they change your schedule as they desire which really disturbs your social , family life and your sleeping patterns.
Pros
Good salary, good management, international company
Cons
The schedules
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 July 2014
Excellent marketing team, good environment to work in. Good endorsements, i had the pleasure of working with several marketing associates and the team was well driven
Working for Lancome
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 May 2014
Lancôme is a fabulous Company. They have the best makeup textures and finishes I have worked with in my career in cosmetics. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing makeovers and planning for Gift With Purchases. Lancôme's gifts have always been my favourite. I learned a lot with the regular training seminars that the company would provide. from sales training to application of products- Lancôme definitely gave me the confidence I needed for my first job in cosmetics.
Pros
Free Products!
Cons
Working over time before and during events.
Productive and fun
Freelancer for Shu Umura, YSL, Giorgia Armani (Current Employee) –  Toronto10 February 2014
I have learned many things in different positions I have had in the past.
awesome
Prestige Fragrance Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2014
great people great environment great pay nice brands to work with open door policy
Pros
get to move around different locations
Great Brand, Challenge with Distribution
Sr. Reg. Sales Manager Ontario & Maritimes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 August 2013
L'Oreal is better suited to a distribution model, therefore a direct sales force such as L'Oreal Professionnel has it's challenges.
Great School - however one must eventually graduate
Group Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec13 August 2013
L'Oreal provides employees with superb training and coaching. The challenge is that eventually the excessive demands on your personal life begin to outweigh the professional benefits. Reluctance to challenge status quo is another challenge they currently face and as a result many key players resign or go on burn out leave. As a manager who works hard to retain and motivate employees these are red flags that are a major concern. I appreciate my time at L'Oreal and credit them with helping me to excel and become the astute business woman I am today. Like all experiences in life, it was time to leave and try new opportunities.
Pros
Training, Coaching, national campaigns, benefits, free product, Learning and Development, commeraderie, passionate peers, international mandate
Cons
Excessively long hours, lack of upper management accountability, passive agressive and non-transparent management styles, bullying from VPs and Directors, 75% of time PPT presentations instead of marketing work, environment based largely on fear.
Very fun and active work place
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC13 July 2013
Great place to work, salary is great but as a temporary worker you have no benefits and hours are not flexible if you have children. But after 2 years...so far so good.
sales
Key Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  eaton center20 June 2013
I was the lead makeup artist for the flagship counter. Always keeping busy with clients.
Pros
great sales
Cons
repetative
Cashier
Caissière (Former Employee) –  ville st-laurent13 June 2013
Come in the store
Puch before start working
Get the basic information from the managers
Get a cash
Count the money in it and make sure there is 200$ in it
Take a place and serve the clients
When finish your shift count your cash
Make a deposit and leave 200$ in your cash
Puch before you exit the work

I learned how to use a cash and I earn experience in talking with the client. There was no hard thing to do.
Company is not "worth it"
sales (Former Employee) –  Canada4 June 2013
a typical day at work
--Is not 9-5, people work extremely long hours with no work life balance

what you learned
--They expect you to perform and encourage to show-up colleagues to "standout" from the rest

management
--Some great managers in the company, but unfortunately not in my department.

your co-workers
--Can be both amazing and at the same time back-stabbing.
--Co-workers will not hesitate to screw you over if it means they will be getting a promotion

the hardest part of the job
--Remaining in a professional mind-set when everything individuals do within the company is in their own interest as opposed to company longterm benefit

the most enjoyable part of the job
--Benefits, salary, discount on products
Pros
Alot of politics, high turnover, people with little to no experience in positions
Cons
Long hours, poor management, little appreciation for intelligence
Great Management School
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2013
Very demanding working place, competitive environment, attracts young professionals, high employee turnover
lively atmoshphere to work
Fragrance Demonstrator since 1995 - casual (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2013
sign in as a visitor to department store, hand out fragrance cards to customers promoting the product. I learn a lot about dealing with different types of people and thier personalities. Co-workers in the beauty department are a lively bunch to work with, keep things fun. There is no hard part in the job, it is quite the same every time. I enjoy selling and talking with people about the products I believe in and promote. Always trying to find different techniques to sell the product to keep things interesting.
Pros
great wages, free product at times
Cons
no cons that's why i have been doing this for 18 years:)
Great environment with dedicated, goal oriented employees who put customer satisfaction above all else
Stock and general maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC11 January 2013
Stocking shelves, taking inventory and occasionally providing help on the floor. I learned to listen to what customers want to give them the best experience possible as well as keep them wanting more.
Great management, dedicated employees who love what they do. The best part was the employees. Nothing seemed hard because everyone wanted to be their and made everything enjoyable.
Pros
working with dedicated people
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC4 June 2012
At L'Oreal my tasks included much of what I was taught at school. how to file a document, opening main, separating invoices, using all the equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. I was also in charge of the Cash department so handling money was very important.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
it was only contract
Worked volunteer as an onsite event coordinator. Great experience!
Volunteer Onsite Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2012
Sufficent expereince in the execution of fashion events. I met many contacts, I worked with in the future.