L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work with young and talented people!
Senior National Account Manager - Wal-Mart (Current Employee) –  Toronto ontario16 October 2015
Young co-workers that are driven, passionate and eager to succeed! The saying "work hard, play hard" resonates well with life at L'Oreal. Working in a continuously changing industry is fun and exciting and who better to work for then the leader in the beauty industry!
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Head office in Montreal
On the road with L'Oréal Canada
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2015
Hired as a sales account executive in the consumer goods department of l'Oréal Canada, the majority of your time is spend planning your road visits to partner retailers and executing them.

As a rep, you inherit a sales territory and must be able to develop it during your time on the road.

Ergo, strategic planning at home allows you to better perform once on the field.

Visits comprise essentially of spotting new sales opportunities in store, ensure proper merchandising of new and existing products, sell new product launches, as well as create influential sales strategies in store.
Survival of the fittest
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2016
Great environment to learn and the company really encourages an entrepreneurial spirit. However be prepared to work a lot. It's really a sink or swim environment so some really thrive because there is the freedom to try and fail but it requires effort and commitment and a lot of passion.
INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - MINDANAO (Former Employee) –  Mindanao18 October 2015
The company never cease to come up with new products and innovations in cosmetics. Aggressive marketing stance, supportive management and innovative.
Pros
Free monthly samples
Cons
slow career growth
Challenging yet rewarding
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2015
A dynamic, vibrant and exciting company.
A work day at L'Oreal is never typical: it is constantly changing and filled with new challenges. It ranges from solving various issues (strategic and logistic), product forecast analysis, business analysis and creating successful launch executions in store. The objective of every day was to seek new ways to grow the business and implement these programs nationally.

I have learned many skills at this role that are viable for my future career success. The most important skill is being able to adapt in a constantly changing environment and make strategic decisions under pressure of tight deadlines. Another valuable skill which I have learned is conducting detailed, sku-specific analysis to understand all aspects of the business and emerging market trends.

The management is quite supportive and is dedicated to the success of their team. They are demanding, yet motivating and rigorously work on developing their employees, both personally and professionally.

The co-workers at L'Oreal are very friendly and enthusiastic. Everyone is very helpful and will always prioritize the needs of the team over their own. The people at L'Oreal are the most innovative and intelligent minds that I have had the pleasure of meeting.

The most difficult part of the job is managing tight deadlines when required elements do not arrive on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ownership and creative freedom that you are given of your business. You have autonomous control of all your projects and all ideas to grow the business are welcome.
Pros
Amazing brands, products and people.
Cons
No work life balance.
Working for Lancome
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 May 2014
Lancôme is a fabulous Company. They have the best makeup textures and finishes I have worked with in my career in cosmetics. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing makeovers and planning for Gift With Purchases. Lancôme's gifts have always been my favourite. I learned a lot with the regular training seminars that the company would provide. from sales training to application of products- Lancôme definitely gave me the confidence I needed for my first job in cosmetics.
Pros
Free Products!
Cons
Working over time before and during events.
Productive, fun workplace with great perks
REGIONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2014
Responsible for training Ontario sales teams in product knowledge and sales skills. Assisted the teams at important store events. This role helped me improve my public speaking and leadership skills. A great environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was to train in different parts of Canada on a very short notice. However, everything else was very enjoyable. Great team and supportive management.
Pros
Freee lunches, travel outside your territory
Cons
Short notice for events and training sessions
Great environment with dedicated, goal oriented employees who put customer satisfaction above all else
Stock and general maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC11 January 2013
Stocking shelves, taking inventory and occasionally providing help on the floor. I learned to listen to what customers want to give them the best experience possible as well as keep them wanting more.
Great management, dedicated employees who love what they do. The best part was the employees. Nothing seemed hard because everyone wanted to be their and made everything enjoyable.
Pros
working with dedicated people
safe and fun to work
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2015
Opportunities to work with different types of forklift
Opportunities to work overtime
Great management
Safe is their priority
Good environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2015
Every worker worked as a team. Had good culture and worked as a family. Had a learning environment that was beneficial to everyone. Management was very efficient. Hardest part was ensuring that each guest left happy.
lively atmoshphere to work
Fragrance Demonstrator since 1995 - casual (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2013
sign in as a visitor to department store, hand out fragrance cards to customers promoting the product. I learn a lot about dealing with different types of people and thier personalities. Co-workers in the beauty department are a lively bunch to work with, keep things fun. There is no hard part in the job, it is quite the same every time. I enjoy selling and talking with people about the products I believe in and promote. Always trying to find different techniques to sell the product to keep things interesting.
Pros
great wages, free product at times
Cons
no cons that's why i have been doing this for 18 years:)
Fun workplace with beauty products!!
Product Expert Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord25 February 2015
I loved working for Loreal besides the great perks of free cosmetics and skin care, it was amazing event to work for and awesome management team. Employee empowerment and trusts your judgement.
Pros
Free products
Cons
happens twice a year
I am a licenced Hair Stylist, makeup articst ,and great at with interacting with people
Cosmetic Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 March 2015
Lancôme is amazing to work for .I half work for Lancôme and half work for Sears Canada ,Sears focus is rapid credit cards, unfortunately there sales and customer service come 3rd. The people at Sear are amazing and dedicated to there job. Great experience
Pros
Amazing People
Cons
Rapid Credit
Cashier
Caissière (Former Employee) –  ville st-laurent13 June 2013
Come in the store
Puch before start working
Get the basic information from the managers
Get a cash
Count the money in it and make sure there is 200$ in it
Take a place and serve the clients
When finish your shift count your cash
Make a deposit and leave 200$ in your cash
Puch before you exit the work

I learned how to use a cash and I earn experience in talking with the client. There was no hard thing to do.
Making a lot of sales and making customers happy
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 April 2015
The main requirement that is important for this job is personality and knowledge of the industry. I am very friendly, good with people, and I have a general interest and passion for the beauty industry.It was up to me to ensure that a high level of beauty products is provided and that clients leave happy.
Pros
Bonuses
Best company to start a career
Trade Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2014
Lots of trainings and challenges
Big opportunities to advance and be promoted
Amazing working environment
No work/personal balance, you spent must of your time at work...
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal QC4 June 2012
At L'Oreal my tasks included much of what I was taught at school. how to file a document, opening main, separating invoices, using all the equipment such as the photocopier and fax machine. I was also in charge of the Cash department so handling money was very important.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
it was only contract
Fun workplace
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2012
Great place to work for. Amazing management, good team work, great technology.
Great Management School
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2013
Very demanding working place, competitive environment, attracts young professionals, high employee turnover
Great Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montreal24 February 2015
the job was challenging and interesting, i learned how to work and manage team. it was a nice environment and a pleasant staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

85%