L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience with challenge in an international background
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Paris and Shanghai and New JerseyNovember 1, 2014
This is my first job after graduation. L’Oréal chose me because considering all the technical competencies, they found that I spoke the best English and French among the Chinese and I spoke the best Chinese among the English and the French.

I started by learning SAP R3 and APO. I was a fast learner thanks to my former ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience in Dannon and Chanel. In addition, I spent a lot of time in bookstores and did a lot of research to enrich my knowledge on SAP. I adapted myself to the French way of working and very soon got along really well with others. 3 months later, I began to work on deploying two L’Oréal Chinese factories with SAP solutions. One is in Yichang and the other in Suzhou. Since they were using X3 during 10 years and had hardly heard of SAP, my colleagues and I did a lot of preparation work including understanding their local needs, analyzing the differences between their daily practices with technical functionalities, coming up with new ideas, presenting new solutions in order to help them go through this difficult period of transformation. I remember the day when I took the plane at 1pm in Paris and arrived 5am in Shanghai, I went straight to the hotel and launched myself to work during 36 hours. I remember during 6 months arguing with SAP for a defect and asking for a satisfying solution. I remember having 3 hours meeting translating Chinese to English, English to French and French to Chinese make sure that everyone was on the same page. Today, as a result of our great efforts and commitments, both Yichang and Suzhou are working – more... well with SAP R3 and APO.

Now I’m managing the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) project, which will facilitate the information exchange between L’Oréal US factories and suppliers. Any mistake in one piece of information (quantity, date, address, etc.) can cause huge loss to the company. Therefore, this project requires someone who is expert, thorough and careful. I also need to switch between France and the US every 1-3 months, thanks to which I become more interested in American culture and decide to look for a job in the US.

I really appreciate the opportunities of working in an international company and being involved in and managing international projects. – less
Great company
Manager of Supply Chain & Demand Planning (Current Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Coworkers are a pleasure to work with and there are so many resources to take advantage of.
Professional and exciting place to work
Business Account Manager and Make-up Artist (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 6, 2014
Pros: sociable working environment
Cons: late working hours and weekends
A typical day at work includes admin, stock management, sales, team management, target setting, great customer service.

My co-workers are lovely to work with and are very helpful.
Slow pace
Process Engineer (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: slow
Cons: rewards employees well
The "Don't offend employees" culture deters forward progress and innovation.
Very busy workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), South Brunswick New JerseySeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free product every month
Cons: longdays
I would drive a forklift.I put stockaway and picked orders.I loaded and unloaded orders.I worked alot of overtime.
I liked the whole process from start to finish.
Zone Leader (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours. we worked until the job was completed.
I did like my job. I was in a warehouse in Florida without air-conditioning. Surprisingly a lot of the people there liked the heat.
I was lucky that I was in the Nail Room(as in fingernail polish) and the room was air-conditioned.
It was a good time. Most of the people got along. No major hassles.
We looked forward to pizza every Friday.
My favorite part was the sales we had . Any damaged hair product,
make-up, spa treatment,hair dye went into a bag sale.
We happily paid 5.00 for a grocery bag!
Productive and amazing atomsphere
Accounting Department (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Keep you thinking of new ideas... Enjoyable place to work and the employees are amazing!!
supervisior of godown in ambala chandigarh
godown supervisor (Former Employee), Ambala, HRSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: log
Checked temperature of product wise rooms A.C Room and Freeze.
Handle all works in godown like summery checking and dispatched.
Proper enter in computer all received and despatched goods.
Make dispatched paper st-38 and transport G.R.
Control three transports in Ambala for dispatched material all over and also control all couriers .
Solve our all stockist disputed on our hand and transport hand.
Ten-twelve persons worked in my observation.
Received expiry and stock return from our all over Haryana
stockist.
Checked all expiry goods and inked for destroyed and stock return maintain in stock.
Maintain all entire in computer from received to settlement of expiry.
management who handle all work and responsibility
Responsibilities and autonomy
Product Manager Assistant (Former Employee), ParisSeptember 1, 2014
I learnt how to develop a luxury brand in a highly competitive environment.
PURCHASING Clerk (Current Employee), 255 Hammersmith Road London W6 8AZAugust 30, 2014
• Fast and dynamic environment
• Processing into SAP MM “asset, marketing and general expenses”
• Liaising with suppliers and account payable team
• Assisting the buyer with day to day negotiation
• Working with IT team to ensure a timely delivery
• The hardest part of the job: Resolve web cycle
• The most enjoyable part: Nice team and great benefit
good place
IT Supervisor (Former Employee), CairoAugust 29, 2014
Pros: olive
Cons: outing
nice work nice place
nice people
work is hard but life is best with loral
Fast-paced environment with a strong work culture
Inventory Management Intern (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJAugust 29, 2014
Pros: free goods from company stores
I have been able to learn many skills that can be beneficial when job searching. I was able to apply what I learned in class to what I do at this internship. L'Oreal is a difficult company to gain full-time employment. They expect you to be confident during interviews and they look for those that can be somewhat aggressive in nature. The culture here embraces healthy conflict and how you can resolve those conflicts. I would say adapting to this culture as I try to find a job has been the most difficult.
I have been able to make many connections in this company. I really enjoy working with my coworkers and I do look forward to coming to work every day.
Great
Strategy Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 25, 2014
Busy working environment. In general speaking, the company is lack of organization.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), solon, ohioAugust 19, 2014
Monitoring a machine with hair products. Working with people was the easy part of the job. Management was always fair. My co workers were great. The company shutt down that was my hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
A very fun workplace
Face Designer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: very competitive
A very solid company which rewards your talent. I introduced our products to new customers and made shure they always came back for more, As to management very ethical and professional. My co workers at the time were family unfortunately we all move on. My favorite part of my jobs was to make every client leave with higher expectations.
Top company to work for in the Beauty Industry
Director of Retail Operations (Former Employee), USAAugust 18, 2014
Number #1 company to work for in the Beauty Industry. Industry leader worldwide as an organization in both the luxury and consumer goods markets.
Very productive, fast-pace environment
Sr. Developer PPD (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: summer hours + access to company stores
Cons: tough professional environment
I work day in day out in a positive and energetic work environment surrounded by an exemplary blend of talents in the areas of Marketing, R&I, Packaging, Operations, Logistics etc.

I have learned a lot about project management, strategic planning, goal setting, scheduling, analysis, presentation, negotiation, forecasting, resource planning, workflow scheduling, and personnel management.

I have further demonstrated my ability to meet and exceed established goals and manage diverse competing priorities in fast-paced, time sensitive environments.
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee), njAugust 7, 2014
My favorite thing about this job was meeting with my staff. It was a group of very young and creative people. I liked to support my team and helped to solve problems
Fun and Ping Pong!!
Translator (Current Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJAugust 5, 2014
People are so easygoing and fun that the working day passes by in a blink of an eye.
Plus, it is the beauty field, what a bless!!
most aesthetic work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riga, LatviaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good rewards
Cons: hard to make a career
great colleagues, flexible working hours, great rewarding system

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more