L'Oréal

L'Oréal Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun
Freelancer for Shu Umura, YSL, Giorgia Armani (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 10, 2014
I have learned many things in different positions I have had in the past.
Cashier
Caissière (Former Employee), ville st-laurentJune 13, 2013
Come in the store
Puch before start working
Get the basic information from the managers
Get a cash
Count the money in it and make sure there is 200$ in it
Take a place and serve the clients
When finish your shift count your cash
Make a deposit and leave 200$ in your cash
Puch before you exit the work

I learned how to use a cash and I earn experience – more... in talking with the client. There was no hard thing to do. – less
Company is not "worth it"
sales (Former Employee), CanadaJune 4, 2013
Pros: alot of politics, high turnover, people with little to no experience in positions
Cons: long hours, poor management, little appreciation for intelligence
a typical day at work
--Is not 9-5, people work extremely long hours with no work life balance

what you learned
--They expect you to perform and encourage to show-up colleagues to "standout" from the rest

management
--Some great managers in the company, but unfortunately not in my department.

your co-workers
--Can be both amazing and at the same – more... time back-stabbing.
--Co-workers will not hesitate to screw you over if it means they will be getting a promotion

the hardest part of the job
--Remaining in a professional mind-set when everything individuals do within the company is in their own interest as opposed to company longterm benefit

the most enjoyable part of the job
--Benefits, salary, discount on products – less
Great environment with dedicated, goal oriented employees who put customer satisfaction above all else
Stock and general maintenance (Former Employee), Montreal QCJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: working with dedicated people
Stocking shelves, taking inventory and occasionally providing help on the floor. I learned to listen to what customers want to give them the best experience possible as well as keep them wanting more.
Great management, dedicated employees who love what they do. The best part was the employees. Nothing seemed hard because everyone wanted to be their – more... and made everything enjoyable. – less
Fun Workplace
DIGITAL MARKETING New York NY (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
Best cosmetic company to work for. Fast paced working environment with lot of projects being launched at the same time work life balance was best in this company I have ever seen before.
CSR
CSR (Current Employee), RichfieldNovember 23, 2014
Pros: beauty industry is exciting
Cons: the rest of the b.s. involved
Old computer systems to work with.
Low starting wage.
Management expected alot from employees.
Back-biting cliques, everyone was afraid to be real.
I'd rather go back to high school.
loreal part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), letterkennyNovember 12, 2014
Pros: my own time
This is a part time job. Therefor I did this in my own time.
After or before my full time job.
I really enjoy this job
Very Productive
Senior Project (Former Employee), Franklin, NJNovember 5, 2014
This job experience was just a senior project that was a year long project. My group did not visit the facility every day, we went to the facility on an average of once a week. The management was Amazing. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see a different facility and how it operates.
Good company and nice AE
Freelance Fragrance Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Flushing, NYNovember 4, 2014
Enjoyed meeting and helping people on a daily basis. Co-workers were nice but working in a department store was not the best.
Great experience with challenge in an international background
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Paris and Shanghai and New JerseyNovember 1, 2014
This is my first job after graduation. L’Oréal chose me because considering all the technical competencies, they found that I spoke the best English and French among the Chinese and I spoke the best Chinese among the English and the French.

I started by learning SAP R3 and APO. I was a fast learner thanks to my former ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) – more... experience in Dannon and Chanel. In addition, I spent a lot of time in bookstores and did a lot of research to enrich my knowledge on SAP. I adapted myself to the French way of working and very soon got along really well with others. 3 months later, I began to work on deploying two L’Oréal Chinese factories with SAP solutions. One is in Yichang and the other in Suzhou. Since they were using X3 during 10 years and had hardly heard of SAP, my colleagues and I did a lot of preparation work including understanding their local needs, analyzing the differences between their daily practices with technical functionalities, coming up with new ideas, presenting new solutions in order to help them go through this difficult period of transformation. I remember the day when I took the plane at 1pm in Paris and arrived 5am in Shanghai, I went straight to the hotel and launched myself to work during 36 hours. I remember during 6 months arguing with SAP for a defect and asking for a satisfying solution. I remember having 3 hours meeting translating Chinese to English, English to French and French to Chinese make sure that everyone was on the same page. Today, as a result of our great efforts and commitments, both Yichang and Suzhou are working well with SAP R3 and APO.

Now I’m managing the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) project, which will facilitate the information exchange between L’Oréal US factories and suppliers. Any mistake in one piece of information (quantity, date, address, etc.) can cause huge loss to the company. Therefore, this project requires someone who is expert, thorough and careful. I also need to switch between France and the US every 1-3 months, thanks to which I become more interested in American culture and decide to look for a job in the US.

I really appreciate the opportunities of working in an international company and being involved in and managing international projects. – less
Great company
Manager of Supply Chain & Demand Planning (Current Employee), Culver City, CAOctober 21, 2014
Great company to work for. Coworkers are a pleasure to work with and there are so many resources to take advantage of.
Professional and exciting place to work
Business Account Manager and Make-up Artist (Current Employee), London, ENGOctober 6, 2014
Pros: sociable working environment
Cons: late working hours and weekends
A typical day at work includes admin, stock management, sales, team management, target setting, great customer service.

My co-workers are lovely to work with and are very helpful.
Slow pace
Process Engineer (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: slow
Cons: rewards employees well
The "Don't offend employees" culture deters forward progress and innovation.
Very busy workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), South Brunswick New JerseySeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free product every month
Cons: longdays
I would drive a forklift.I put stockaway and picked orders.I loaded and unloaded orders.I worked alot of overtime.
I liked the whole process from start to finish.
Zone Leader (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: long hours. we worked until the job was completed.
I did like my job. I was in a warehouse in Florida without air-conditioning. Surprisingly a lot of the people there liked the heat.
I was lucky that I was in the Nail Room(as in fingernail polish) and the room was air-conditioned.
It was a good time. Most of the people got along. No major hassles.
We looked forward to pizza every Friday.
My favorite – more... part was the sales we had . Any damaged hair product,
make-up, spa treatment,hair dye went into a bag sale.
We happily paid 5.00 for a grocery bag! – less
Productive and amazing atomsphere
Accounting Department (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Keep you thinking of new ideas... Enjoyable place to work and the employees are amazing!!
supervisior of godown in ambala chandigarh
godown supervisor (Former Employee), Ambala, HRSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: log
Checked temperature of product wise rooms A.C Room and Freeze.
Handle all works in godown like summery checking and dispatched.
Proper enter in computer all received and despatched goods.
Make dispatched paper st-38 and transport G.R.
Control three transports in Ambala for dispatched material all over and also control all couriers .
Solve our all stockist – more... disputed on our hand and transport hand.
Ten-twelve persons worked in my observation.
Received expiry and stock return from our all over Haryana
stockist.
Checked all expiry goods and inked for destroyed and stock return maintain in stock.
Maintain all entire in computer from received to settlement of expiry.
management who handle all work and responsibility – less
Responsibilities and autonomy
Product Manager Assistant (Former Employee), ParisSeptember 1, 2014
I learnt how to develop a luxury brand in a highly competitive environment.
PURCHASING Clerk (Current Employee), 255 Hammersmith Road London W6 8AZAugust 30, 2014
• Fast and dynamic environment
• Processing into SAP MM “asset, marketing and general expenses”
• Liaising with suppliers and account payable team
• Assisting the buyer with day to day negotiation
• Working with IT team to ensure a timely delivery
• The hardest part of the job: Resolve web cycle
• The most enjoyable part: Nice team and great benefit
good place
IT Supervisor (Former Employee), CairoAugust 29, 2014
Pros: olive
Cons: outing
nice work nice place
nice people
work is hard but life is best with loral

1 2 3 4 5

About L'Oréal

L’Oréal is world leader in beauty products. Created in 1909 by Eugène Schueller, a visionary chemist with – Read more