L'Oréal Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with a great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 April 2017
A typical day at L'Oreal's VIP sale consisted of checking what promotions were taking place along with assisting customers with exceptional customer service.
inspirational Beauty with an edge
SELLING SPECIALIST/ MAKEUP ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
I had learned so much about being a brand Rep and working with so many people at once. I learned how to be a great educational trainer and speaker. My favourite part of the job was teaching hands on classes with products.. and all the pretty makeup!
Expected more.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC22 February 2017
I was pretty excited when I took on a job at l'Oreal, but became disappointed pretty quick. I worked in the operations, many of the supervisors are young and inexperienced, and because of that will avoid dealing with problems in the workplace, cause they don't want to or don't know how. I found it to be the most immature working environment. I hate to share this, but I was also a victim of many verbally, racially insensitive remarks on a regular basis directed at me, supervisors were aware and did nothing. L'Oreal preaches "diversity", but I guess that is the image they would like to get across and convince people of, but not much practice of it, in my opinion. Because of my negative experience, I do not purchase any L'Oreal products.
Pros
Secure, safe warehouse, decent pay.
Cons
Young, inexperienced, apathetic supervisors, no job security or benefits
Working for l'Oréal
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2017
L'Oréal is a nice place to work at. Staffs are nice. Supervisors are understanding and help you if you need anything. It is a nice place to earn a new work experience. You will not regret working at L'Oréal. The one thing that may be a disadvantage is that they may send you home if there isn't enough customers once you've worked for at least two hours.
Pros
nice ambiance
Cons
not enough hours
Good
Vm Assitant (Current Employee) –  Mla Ph3 February 2017
Good company to statutory employees. All regular employees have good benefits but not enough consideration on non-stat employee.
They only hired people who came from well know university but they don't acknowledge well skilled people
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
not enough compensation
multitask
Warehouse, costumer service and Sales (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 January 2017
a lor of thing to do at the same time. I didn't have training and also I didn't have the post that they mention. however, the people who work there are nice and friendly.
Pros
good people
Productive and Fun
Cashier, Stocking products (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
I really enjoyed working here because there was always something different to learn and you worked with all different kinds of people plus was working in all different areas
Pros
Fun to work, friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hour's nor pay
Fast paced and friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 November 2016
A typical day at work would be setting up your area , making sure everyone knows their job. The management is very good and the workers are very friendly and helpful.
Perfessional
Helped clients to their right stylist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
This company was very perfessional and the pay was really good, they provided us with full meals throught the whole day and made sure our experience was awesome
Where Creativity meets Business
Head of e-Business (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
Excellent work environment for anyone seriously considering a career Marketing. Learning from the best and brightest Marketing minds in Canada will motivate you to come to work everyday.
great review
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 November 2016
nice to work with and good for resume, fun environment, great staff, fun to come to work and be active, excellent customer service, not alot of brand but great brands are there
fast-paced with a great team
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
It was a lovely experience working with my team as Counter Manager, they were eager and I was very flexible so we all worked extremely well together. The hardest part of the job was there was no place for advancement. However, reaching our sales goals on a monthly basis made this such a wonderful place to work.
Pros
dinners, tickets to concerts
Cons
not enough in the budget for my events planned
Productive and fast paced
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
Great Learning Experience. Motivating and friendly colleagues. Helped me a lot in learning more about customer relations and their behavior. Recommending products to customers according to their need/want was quite challenging.
Waste of time
Operator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2016
Worked at the montréal plant for about 5 years as a temp.. Got screwed over 10+ times for a permanent position as the mindset is kill or be killed on the workfloor.. Management is horrible in most cases and the hours are even worse.. pay is good but whats the point if you cant have benefits and/or vacations.. 1/10
Pros
Pay
Cons
Backstabing, thankless bosses, shift changes at engineers whim
Dynamic workplace environment.
Intern in engineering department (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC20 April 2016
Learned several management skills. Change in priorities are common and redirect workforce to attend to most urgent matters. Dynamic workplace with friendly and hardworking personnel. Supportive management and all around great place to work at.
Pros
Very cheap lunches
good pay
Opérateur de ligne (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC8 March 2016
good pay, bad benefit, bad management, schedul from overnight to day and night from one week to another, no respect, no formation
Survival of the fittest
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2016
Great environment to learn and the company really encourages an entrepreneurial spirit. However be prepared to work a lot. It's really a sink or swim environment so some really thrive because there is the freedom to try and fail but it requires effort and commitment and a lot of passion.
safe and fun to work
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2015
Opportunities to work with different types of forklift
Opportunities to work overtime
Great management
Safe is their priority
fun working environment with excellent employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2015
it was a great experience even if it was for a month, the employees where very supportive and so were my co workers and i had fun handling the credit card transactions and that was the best part of the job for me. the hardest part was the long hours and also it was scary because you had to be efficient and error free when recording the transactions and even though i made some mistakes i was able to learn from them and improve in ways i didn't know i could thanks to my supervisors and co workers.
Pros
paid breaks
Innovative products
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - MINDANAO (Former Employee) –  Mindanao18 October 2015
The company never cease to come up with new products and innovations in cosmetics. Aggressive marketing stance, supportive management and innovative.
Pros
Free monthly samples
Cons
slow career growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval