L'Oréal Employee Reviews

easy going
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2017
you have to be comfortable with being independent on the job. I learned a lot as an artist but you dont receive much education from the company. Management is great they are always there for you and are so easy to talk to. The workplace culture is great..love going to work. Hardest part of the job is not being able to move up and become management. The most enjoyable part is the co workers and clients.
Pros
gratis
Cons
no benefits for part time or full time sales associates
Very good work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LB5 October 2017
It was my first job in cosmetics.
At first it was a bit hard since I had no experience in this field and had to attend multipule training sessions.
It was a fun job.
CANADIAN MARKET Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal - Canada15 September 2017
i really appreciated to work for l oreal as i enjoyed the products and the people where we felt really working in the same direction with super atmosphear and event when products were launched
The worst place to work.
Trainee Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario14 September 2017
I went to the training for cashier position for a one day warehouse sale. Received my shifts for the following week, however was told not to come back. I did fine on the written quiz, and understood the computer system. They are a very prejudiced company, very picky, and they don't give people a fair chance. They don't treat people equally, they discriminate badly. I have had a very bad, disappointing experience with Loreal. The managers and staff are all very rude, unfriendly and basically not very nice and understanding. They all looked at their potential employees with disdain. I was really hurt by how poorly I was treated by them.
Productive and great place to work
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 September 2017
Job requires proper time management in order to get the job done in a timely matter. I learned how to properly install fixtures for make up. The workplace culture was very enjoyable. At first it was over whelming and long hours but once I understood the work it went well. The hardest part was installing shelves in walls that we not properly installed. Most enjoyable part was the staff I worked with and the flexibility of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
amazing job
Beauty Advisor- Make up artist-specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 September 2017
High energy, beautiful products and people. Prospecting comes easily as the product sells itself, but I love to teach about the products and long term benefit of using them. Hardest part is getting hours.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
hard to get shifts
it really depends who you work with
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada3 August 2017
L'Oreal is a good company but it really depends who you work with. There are many career advancements in this company but sometimes incapable people or people are lack of leadership skills get promoted and it resulted negative impact on store level
place to learn
Manager of Outsourcing Manufacturers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
multiculture, place to learn and to adapt, you need be aggressive and ambition to win your place. organization structure often change, decision change all the days. still a good company to work for.
productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
I worked as a sales associate at loreal. The workplace was productive and fun often having amazing shifts. The people and the managers were really nice and it was a very positive experience.
Pros
lunch breaks were paid
Cons
very long shifts
great place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 June 2017
I loved working for this company, I was awarded many opportunities while employed here, including work experiences that will provide me with valuable skills
productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2017
restocking shelves
displaying products in a organized fashion
helping out customers
printing pricing label's
organizing makeup into the right boxes
separating nail polish by colour
cleaning up work area
Kiehl's worst company to work for ! By far !
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
This company is extremely gross

The management at Kiehl's is disgusting and I dealt with discrimination there and I will not suggest anyone work there until the remove the poison they have working at their Sherway location. Oh and they talk like little high school girls. HR is no help so fat chance if you call them for help
Pros
Their starter package
Cons
Managment and lack of hours and empty promise
l'ambiance
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON8 May 2017
Tout le monde s'entraide, La manière de travailler est polyvalente et il a beaucoup d'entraide.
Pros
nous avons des coupon d'invitation sur les produits
Cons
Nous devant êtres patien avec les clients exigents sur les promotion ect.
Équipe dynamique et environnement stimulant
Superviseur de production (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 April 2017
J'ai beaucoup appris sur mes forces et faiblesses professionnelles chez L'Oréal. L'entreprise et beaucoup axé sur le développement et l'amélioration continue. Le travail consistait en de longues heures et un travail très demandant dans le but de toujours fournir une efficacité de production optimale.
Pros
bon développement professionel
Cons
longues heures de travail non-rémunérées
Agreable
Consultant SAP SD Junior, modules MM, WM (Current Employee) –  Paris24 April 2017
Bonne expérience
Multiculturelle, beaucop d'évenement.
Pros
Evenement
Cons
Projet
Productive and fun workplace with a great management team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 April 2017
A typical day at L'Oreal's VIP sale consisted of checking what promotions were taking place along with assisting customers with exceptional customer service.
inspirational Beauty with an edge
SELLING SPECIALIST/ MAKEUP ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 February 2017
I had learned so much about being a brand Rep and working with so many people at once. I learned how to be a great educational trainer and speaker. My favourite part of the job was teaching hands on classes with products.. and all the pretty makeup!
Expected more.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC22 February 2017
I was pretty excited when I took on a job at l'Oreal, but became disappointed pretty quick. I worked in the operations, many of the supervisors are young and inexperienced, and because of that will avoid dealing with problems in the workplace, cause they don't want to or don't know how. I found it to be the most immature working environment. I hate to share this, but I was also a victim of many verbally, racially insensitive remarks on a regular basis directed at me, supervisors were aware and did nothing. L'Oreal preaches "diversity", but I guess that is the image they would like to get across and convince people of, but not much practice of it, in my opinion. Because of my negative experience, I do not purchase any L'Oreal products.
Pros
Secure, safe warehouse, decent pay.
Cons
Young, inexperienced, apathetic supervisors, no job security or benefits
Working for l'Oréal
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2017
L'Oréal is a nice place to work at. Staffs are nice. Supervisors are understanding and help you if you need anything. It is a nice place to earn a new work experience. You will not regret working at L'Oréal. The one thing that may be a disadvantage is that they may send you home if there isn't enough customers once you've worked for at least two hours.
Pros
nice ambiance
Cons
not enough hours
Bonne ambiance, mais mauvaise gestion
Assistant Superviseur plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2017
Toute une histoire. Si je devais résumé ces derniers-mois chez l'Oréal, c'est l'expression que j'utiliserai.

L'expérience a commencé en Août.
Deux mois après mon retour à Montréal, un ami me fis rentré chez l'Oréal en tant qu'employé du plancher, me disant qu'il s'agissait d'un poste où le travail était toujours présent.
Je commençais donc par trier des produits de toute sorte, pour les envoyer à une autre équipe qui les mettais en boite et nous montions ces dernières sur des palettes qui par la suite étaient envoyés à l'entrepôt de Toronto en prévoyance de la vente à venir.
Cette partie là dura deux mois, et tout d'un coup, on s'arrête.

Pas de travail pendant deux semaines, et puis tout d'un coup je suis rappelé pour travaillé seulement un jour et rebelote pour deux semaines de vide.

Étant rappelé par la suite pour mettre en place les rayons en prévisions de la vente, c'est là que la vrai grosse partie du travail a commencé : le début de la vente privée de Montréal.

Tout a commencé très vite, lors de mon premier jour, j'ai commencé avec un chandail bleu (employés plancher) et avant que je m'en rende compte, je signais un contrat pour devenir assistant superviseur merchandising.

Le lendemain on me fixais deux zones bien distinctes, et une cadence de travail assez élevé, je ne m'en plein pas, ça fais partie du travail.
Mais alors que j'étais lancé, j'appris que j'allais désormais me retrouver avec des horaires de 15h par jour (9h - 00h) pendant 3 jour, soit 45h.

C'est à ce moment là que je découvris la plus grosse faille de cette entreprise, j'ai nommé
  more... "le manque criant de communication".
Lors des prises de décisions des gérants, aucune information ne filtrait, alors que celles-ci nous concernait. Rien sur les changements de place des produits, les changements de prix, ou le changement d'employés alors qu'on demandait à ce que ceux-ci reste les mêmes, pour faciliter le travail.
Les plaintes tombaient, mais les gérants restaient sourds.

S'ajoute à ça l'incompétence des gérants de l'entrepôt qui ont réussi à transformer cette zone en dépotoir, ce qui coûtait un temps précieux aux employés lors de la recherche de produit.

Des tensions se sont alors crées, des portes ont été claqués, des larmes ont été versés, un drama qui aurait pu être évités, si le travail avait été fais.

Je retiens tout de même le grand professionnalisme des équipes d'assistants et de superviseur, à une exception prêt, des employés, même si certains ont du être rappelé à l'ordre voir licencié, et de certaines personnes de l'encadrement.

Pour le reste, je persiste sur le fait qu'il s'agit d'un grand manque de professionnalisme de leur part que d'agir de la sorte, et que maintiens que l'équipe de gérant mériterais d'être remaniés pour le bien de cette entreprise.
Pros
Equipe de superviseur très compétentes, pareil pour les assistants
Cons
manque de communication, mauvaise équipe de gérants, entrepôt=capharnaum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.