L'Occitane

Unethical work..l
manager (Former Employee), QuébecAugust 15, 2014
Hostile work environment
(Former Employee), GM– November 8, 2009
The worst company ever!!! Hostile unethical work environment in Quebec..DM ...mental case..!
Great products
Boutique Manager (Current Employee), Calgary,abJuly 10, 2012
Pros: fun enviroment, great values
Cons: no work and home balance
Enjoy working with a company with great values. Enjoy the products.
this company is amazing
Store Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZNovember 27, 2014
Awesome company to work for a typical day is looking over numbers and selling product to clients. L'occitane is a french company that gives high quality product for a reasonable price. I enjoy working with everyone on my team.
Fun and positive environment to work in
Christmas Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LondonNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at L'Occitane starts with greeting customers and being given a position on the shop floor. Targets for products were given to us. I learned a lot about the company and the products of the company. The manager was lovely, welcoming and encouraging.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Saint-Tropez, B8November 13, 2014
Pros: one hour to eat
Cons: stay standing
I learned skills and experience. Moreover, my colleagues was great and it was a pleasure to go work everyday.
Great cpmapny to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great products, generous allocation system, good trainings
Cons: too focused on individual sales results
Typical working day at L'Occitane usually involves a lot of skills. You have to follow company philosophy, know all the products well and aim for the best possible customer service which is widely known within industry.

Working for the company is not simple retail job from 10-6. As L'Occitane is a leader in natural cosmetics production based on on – more... the best quality ingredients, mainly from France, they constantly bring up new products to the market. New additions must be introduced with passion and knowledge to every customer stepping in one of the high street boutiques. I had great pleasure to perform facial consultations, hand massage and professional advice for customers. Also I attended lots of trainings, including product training, training for success, involving HR management and managers meetings.
Personally I was responsible for implementing marketing campaigns and developing local promotions within Surrey area.

Unfortunately the hardest part of the job is dealing with irresponsible staff members who are not following company orders and not engaging with customers, not following KPI. The company seem to be focused very much on individual sales results, rather on the team work and quality of customer service. Although it was not my problem to achieve the best possible ATV, some of my staff members were struggling to raise their results to the expected level. – less
Loved working here
Sales Person (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2014
This job has it all, great management, sales people, products and customers. L'Occitane is a world class company to work for
Very bubbly environment
Lead Client Associate Responsibilities (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very well known company, nice clients, great fragrances and gratis'
Cons: no healthcare options, low base pay
Very organized company, Very set rules and schematics. Must have a bubbly personality and be willing to talk to clients a lot. Fragrances are all very nice and lots of products are great to use and easy to introduce to clients. Very easy daily quotas to meet and very well known company so very little selling.
Loved it. Loved the brand. Easy to sell.
sales and profit objectives (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 22, 2014
Autonomy as a manager; not overwhelmed with office work. Nice culture. Would not have left but had to relocate and nothing available with company where I moved.
GREAT Company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee), N/AMay 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, salary, and flexibility
Cons: upper management does get on you a lot if you are not making numbers
If you love skin care and body care and love the best things in life, then this is the company for you.
It is a sales company so you do have to work hard and follow the practices that are in place and sell, sell, sell.
There is always opportunity to move up, especially if you are willing to move. If you are then you will move up VERY quickly.
They also – more... pay above the mark for a small company. – less
Best place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAApril 19, 2014
Pros: great pay, great management
I loved working for L'occitane. It's a great environment to work in and the management is great! They handle customers and take care of their employees. Definitely would highly recommend! They have great fragrances and great customer service! Very friendly!
Caring, respectfull, productive and encouraging. happy environment to be in.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Macarthur Central BrisbaneMarch 4, 2014
Pros: intense product training (ongoing), staff discount and gratis every quater
Before the store opened, a quick review of promotions and offers and a run through any new product launches and how to let the customer know about the new products. Making sure shelves are fully stocked and signage is clear, any rubbish is out of view and shop floor is clear for easy access around store.
Full attention always on customers, listening – more... to their needs and concerns, always letting them know you are there to help them. Demonstrate products on back of customers hands, and explain the benefits of using systems, Easy to remember and don't overwhelm customer. Ask for sale, offer gift wrapping , always invite customer back. Make sure team members are happy and confident in what they are selling. All team members are aware of budgets and what is needed to achieve these budgets. Coaching team members on new products/ingredients or role play, teach how to add on related products.Get out and talk to neighbors, remind local businesses where you are located and what you can offer. At end of day make sure tills balance and store is prepared for another day.
Every day I learned something new from the company and customers. But for me the most important thing was giving our customer the ultimate shopping experience. Building trust and forming a bond.
From my personal experience I found management to be helpful and supportive. There was always someone to offer support when needed.
The team members I spent time with were a beautiful group. Very caring personalities and sold the product with a great deal of passion. Easy to work with and were very respectful to each other, the customer and the product.
I loved my job so I didn't find it hard, so probably for me I can say that I didn't like stock take. Always got a good result but just a long process leading up to it.
I loved the product, company and I really enjoyed my customers. The success of the store was very important to me so adding to the data base and promoting the store was something that I loved doing. – less
If You're Lazy then come here...
Staff (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros:
- Nice products
- Nice discount
- Nice stores, hardworking people
- Headquarters in heart of times square
- Good company for internship for marketing but will likely not hire

Cons:
- Boring, dull, robotic work - no value for personal learning
- Small room for growth/advancement.
- Jobs too specialized b/c too administrative and mindless
- France – more... Corp gets more holidays off and perks - but US doesn't (most European corps get better perks than US)
- Everyone keeps to themselves
- Very Very Small bonus for most people not in upper management
- Contract paid hourly if not in managing position or upper level and have to clock in (Take off snow day if you can't make it in and if you are contracted they take it off your vacation day...messed up right) – less
Hard work
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Manosque, B8February 5, 2014
I didn't like to work here, the job was really hard and other people not friendly. There were no break and I was really tired.
I loved selling skin care
Store Manager (Former Employee), Newport Beach, CaJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great skincare
This team was like a family. One of my part time associates was able to grow into my assisstant with my help, and now she runs her own store. This company taught diversity through their use of Shea butter from Africa. It was fun sharing stories with my customers.
Horrible Company
full time sales (Former Employee), northwestJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: do not pay bonus
They Lie and are unethical. They make changes whenever they feel like it. They do not pay the bonuses they say they will. Do not trust this company. Full of lies!!!!
Great Management Team
Account Executive / Northwest Region (Current Employee), Northwest Region - San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2013
Pros: great management team support
Cons: bonus potential is weak
L'Occitane corporate really encourages teamwork and a fun place to work, while still keeping focused on driving increases in business.
Hostile work environment
DM (Former Employee), DMNovember 8, 2013
The worst company ever!!! Hostile unethical work environment.
enjoy working at l'occitane
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Tasmanina HobartOctober 28, 2013
Pros: prefer more hours
Cons: not many hours
I enjoy working at L'occitane love there products. Get along well the co-workers and manager. Be able to assist with customers with there needs. I would prefer to work more hours.
not a great work place
sales (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: no
poor mgmt. no room for growth. the schedule was horrible. would not work with school schedule.

1 2 3

About L'Occitane

Customers who shop at the L'Occitane counter count on high-end cosmetics and other luxuries. L'Occitane (pronounced "lox-ee-tahn") – Read more

L'Occitane Photos