L'Occitane Employee Reviews

Great workplace
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2017
L'Occitane is a very ethical company and have amazing employee perks. They treat their employees extremely well with lots of benefits. Monthly gratis are a great perk.
Good work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2017
The managers are always friendly and there is always room to learn more. The people you work with are nice and products are great. As this was my first job, I learned a lot about retail and the products we sold.
a day in the life
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2016
Pros
-discount on all products
-free monthly gratis
-great coworkers
-lack of support from upper management
Cons
-extremely low wages
-no room for growth
-unreasonable sales targets
-too many new products that customers don't care for
Advice to Management
Pay your employees more and appreciate them and maybe there will be less turnover.
Working as a team, daily duties
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NOTL4 May 2016
Check sale receipts from day before and make sure all registers are balanced, greet and attend to guest and ring up purchases. At end of day check sales and balance registers then clean and dust shelves etc.

This job taught me how to work well as a team as well as being able to communicate with different cultures as the store was located in a tourist destination.

The hardest part of the job was during off season when things were slower and not being able to interact much with customers.

My favourite part of the job was working with skincare Products and fragrances and I enjoyed demonstrating and telling the stories behind the products to customers.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Rush hours
Useful Skills Gained
Sales person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Working at L'Occitane helps individuals gain sales skills, yet the hours are terrible.
The team I worked with was fantastic, I am a fan of the company and their products, but the hours discussed prior to working there do not suit the hours provided; I am aware that it is not a retail job's fault, but the hours are very unbalanced and no where near what was expected (one week I am assigned 30 hours and another I am assigned 4 hours; making me feel insecure about how I am going to go about paying for school, my rent, etc..).
Overall, awesome job, company, and team, but the scheduling needs to be worked on :)
Pros
lunches, awesome staff, great products
Cons
uneven hours per week
Great company
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, ENG20 July 2015
L'Occitane is a great company to work for. The products are fantastic and provide men and women with an affordable way to rejuvenate their skin. Management is outstanding and provide great incentives to continue to work hard.
Love
Je travaille comme caissière, conseillère (Current Employee) –  Laval, Quebec21 June 2015
I love working at this store, the only down side is that if you are working as a part time you wont get more than 15h a week. well at least where I work
Good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
The most enjoyable part of the day is talking with the customers. I talk with different persons, they explain their needs about skincare or a product in particular. I give them my advice and it is useful. They leave the store satisfied.
Pros
Good discount in products
Cons
Long hours without sitting
Unethical work..l
manager (Former Employee) –  Québec15 August 2014
Hostile work environment
(Former Employee), GM– November 8, 2009
The worst company ever!!! Hostile unethical work environment in Quebec..DM ...mental case..!
Great products
Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary,ab10 July 2012
Enjoy working with a company with great values. Enjoy the products.
Pros
fun enviroment, great values
Cons
no work and home balance