L'Hopital d'Ottawa Employee Reviews

good pay, odd hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2017
Very good pay. Not great hours, shift work. Work culture is less than desirable. Some great coworkers and some really terrible ones. The union was strong, so sometimes bad employees management couldn't get rid of.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Amazing for the soul
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
As a volunteer at for The Ottawa Hospital, I got to do what I love best; be at the service of others. I met so many great people and learned so much as I observed nurses on my free time. It has truly been an honor to give back to my community.
Valuable workplace
PATIENT FOOD ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2017
Prepare and serve food to patients is the most enjoyable part of the job. There is no hard part of this job. I've learned how to be humble, compassionate.
Please read my resume
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2017
I presently work for The Ottawa Hospital where my main duties included responding to code whites (violent patients), code red (fire alarms), assisting patients, issuing parking tickets and transferring the diseased to the appropriate locations. I have a great understanding of the Use of Force, Criminal Code and the Trespass to Property Act.
Pros
High rate of pay
Cons
I only work 24 hours a week
Vibrant work environment.
Administrative Assistant-Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2017
Excellent opportunity for advancement, to improve educational skills, and an exciting location to work at with many challenging environments. Opportunity to meet and work with all types of clinicians and gain great experience in different professions.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Extra workload due to staffing shortages.
Volunteer position
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
Volunteer position
volunteer co-ordinator well organized
Staff friendly, approachable and appreciative of volunteers
One of the reasons I volunteered was to obtain exposure and experience in a medical office environment for future employment.
The volunteer placement did not meet my needs.
Good hours, great management
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
I have had nothing but a positive work experience. I'm lucky to have a great manager! Lots of education opportunities too! Coworkers are all very helpful and understanding.
Worked as a student
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
I worked at The Ottawa Hospital as part of my studies. I learned a lot as to how things work at the hospital, but the staff did not make me feel welcome.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2017
Good place to work however there is not a lot of room for advancement. Management is not there to encourage you but you do have the ability to search jobs internally.
Non-stop action
Operating Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2017
A very dynamic work environment. Management encourages employees to enhance their educational development. Being an OR attendant is a physically demanding job. It challenges you mentally as well.
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
senority does not ensure proper experience
Doing what I love
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
I would play guitar for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the patients in the rehab centre (recovering after surgery). I was able to do what I love, which is play music, for those who appreciate it.
Easy job and really good pay
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
I really like all the people I work with and the job is really easy because it is repetitive. I also enjoy working with patients and not customers because they are all really nice.
Cons
Call- ins were a pain and staffing seems incompetent.
Amazing place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2016
I love being a volunteer their, love seeing all the smiles you put on peoples faces as they enter the hospital. Even though hospital aren't peoples most favorite place to be, i fi could make only one person smile it makes my day (that has always been my goal)
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
STERILIZATION TECHNICIAN AND MATERIAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2015
A lot of work

Working under stressful situation

Working without supervision
Team working
Accessing the priorities
Efficient communication in both official languages
Rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2015
Working with Oncology patients was both hard and very rewarding it. The staff are caring and compassionate and take the best care of the patients and their families.
Excellent Organization
Advisor, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2015
Excellent Organization who really care about their employees and are committed to providing the best patient care in north America.
Very comfortable.
ULTRASOUND BOOKING CLERK AND OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2015
A great place to work. Lots of room to move around, some room for advancement within the company (though minimal). If the salary is comfortable for you, then this is somewhere that will allow you to focus on your life outside of work, and know that you're 9-5 will take good care of you.
Fun Learning
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2015
--> Learned a lot about the Canadian working culture.
--> Loved working with my team.
--> Best place to work and learn technical stuff.
Very lively and fun work environment.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2015
Gathered market research through survey, and focus groups. Created an organic reach strategy by using local popular socialites as models for advertising and friend referrals and testimonies to reach new clients. Used event photography to connect with new customers after the event, and to further advertise in new circles. Used twitter to get user experience suggestions.
Promotions included many price packages for different demographics of people; price positioning was key in identifying strengths opposite our competition.
Created a merchandising department to produce more income and give consumer incentive to return.
very poor work environment with no Senior Management nor managerial support
RN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2015
Worst place to work. Overworked and understaffed. No support from Senior Management nor managerial support. You're there to work with no voice. Nothing is done about bullies especially if the bullies are managers and there are a lot of them. Stay away from this hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Hopital d'Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

L'Hopital d'Ottawa Reviews by Location