L'Hopital d'Ottawa

L'Hopital d'Ottawa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Health & Safety Work
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 12, 2014
Pros: i met many people and helped them all
Cons: potential long hours
At the Ottawa Hospital, I worked within a department called Occupational health Services. The main part of my job was conducting N95 respiratory mask fit testing for staff. When I was not fit testing, I assisted the H&S Officer with investigations and incident reports.
Ottawa Hospital
Radiation Safety Specialist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Typical day at work: responding to email, meeting clients to support their safety needs, giving training or set up training, responding to phone enquiries, verify compliance and update records

What I learned: all tasks related to an hospital environment

Management: setting up corporate goals to be reached annually

Co-workers: my second family

Hardest – more... part of the job: get clients to be compliant

Most enjoyable part of the job: get projects done and hear that clients are happy for what you have done for them – less
great work place/ team work oriented
Inpatient Ward Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I truly enjoy working at the Ottawa Hospital as an inpatient ward clerk where team work and communication is crucial. Helping others great pay
Decent place to work.
Security (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 30, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: lack of respect for individual employee.
Pay and benefits are awesome; however I would work for less if there were more attention and respect given to the individual employee.
What stage are you at in your career?
Consultant - Senior Management (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good pension plan
Cons: lack of leadership, strategic vision, employee recognition and retention.
Lack of direction and strategic planning. If you are looking to gain experience in a large organization The Ottawa Hospital offers this. Unfortunately the work ethic and environment is lacking and leads to a staff that is sub-standard.
Incredibly challenging as a new grad
Staff Nurse Surgery Program (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Med/surg floors very challenging for a new grad but that's what made it great. 1 year here is like 3 years experience elsewhere.
Productive and Fun
Protection and Security Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 2, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours without break
It is great pleasure to work with the Ottawa Hospital. This job teaches me how to connect with diverse people. The managemnet is not very coperative. The co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hard part of the job is to work in the night. I love to work with people and there are many people are working there. The overall rating is 5 out of 10.
ward clerk
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 17, 2013
Pros: patient contact
Cons: shift work
Worked directly with the nurses, physicians and other health care professionals to ensure that patients need were met on a timely basis. Started my day at 0700 and ensured physicians had all charts required to do daily rounds. Was responsible for the transcription of all orders, ensured patients were taken to in hospital appointments. Worked directly – more... with the Social Work and Home Care Departments to ensure a patients discharge. Enjoyed working with a diverse group of health care professionals from all parts of Canada and beyond. The hardest part was the shift work. The most enjoyable part was meeting people from all parts of the world and the smile on a patients face when they were discharged. – less
Productive, indeendant work environment
Health Records Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2012
I enjoyed working there and learned a lot of medical terminology.
Good working environment
Temporary position part-time in the office (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: excellent, professional environment
Cons: lack of staff parking
Very much enjoyed working at this hospital. A big downside was lack of staff parking, causing me to park in regular parking - very expensive.
Very productive and a great learning tool enviorment
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2012
Pros: sometimes worked on my own
Cons: a lot of walking
Maintaining the grounds and safety of staff and patients at all times. I learned to deal and cope with Persons suffering with disabilities. The hardest part of the job is to see and deal with situations that make you not want to do the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to make people smile . To allow them to know I was there to help them.
Patient Care Assistant (Permanent-Full Time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: always evenings and weekends
-good co-workers
-stressfull environment
-rewarding and see good results
Excellent place to work
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 16, 2012
Great team to work with
Qualified professionals
Holistic approach

About L'Hopital d'Ottawa

The Ottawa Hospital, or L'Hôpital d'Ottawa, is a non-profit, public university teaching hospital in Ottawa, Canada. The – Read more