L'Hopital d'Ottawa Employee Reviews

Good hours, great management
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
I have had nothing but a positive work experience. I'm lucky to have a great manager! Lots of education opportunities too! Coworkers are all very helpful and understanding.
Worked as a student
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2017
I worked at The Ottawa Hospital as part of my studies. I learned a lot as to how things work at the hospital, but the staff did not make me feel welcome.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2017
Good place to work however there is not a lot of room for advancement. Management is not there to encourage you but you do have the ability to search jobs internally.
Non-stop action
Operating Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2017
A very dynamic work environment. Management encourages employees to enhance their educational development. Being an OR attendant is a physically demanding job. It challenges you mentally as well.
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
senority does not ensure proper experience
Doing what I love
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
I would play guitar for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, for the patients in the rehab centre (recovering after surgery). I was able to do what I love, which is play music, for those who appreciate it.
Easy job and really good pay
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
I really like all the people I work with and the job is really easy because it is repetitive. I also enjoy working with patients and not customers because they are all really nice.
Cons
Call- ins were a pain and staffing seems incompetent.
Amazing place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2016
I love being a volunteer their, love seeing all the smiles you put on peoples faces as they enter the hospital. Even though hospital aren't peoples most favorite place to be, i fi could make only one person smile it makes my day (that has always been my goal)
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
STERILIZATION TECHNICIAN AND MATERIAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2015
A lot of work

Working under stressful situation

Working without supervision
Team working
Accessing the priorities
Efficient communication in both official languages
Rewarding
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2015
Working with Oncology patients was both hard and very rewarding it. The staff are caring and compassionate and take the best care of the patients and their families.
Excellent Organization
Advisor, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2015
Excellent Organization who really care about their employees and are committed to providing the best patient care in north America.

Want to know more about L'Hopital d'Ottawa?

Ask a question
Very comfortable.
ULTRASOUND BOOKING CLERK AND OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2015
A great place to work. Lots of room to move around, some room for advancement within the company (though minimal). If the salary is comfortable for you, then this is somewhere that will allow you to focus on your life outside of work, and know that you're 9-5 will take good care of you.
Fun Learning
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2015
--> Learned a lot about the Canadian working culture.
--> Loved working with my team.
--> Best place to work and learn technical stuff.
Very lively and fun work environment.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2015
Gathered market research through survey, and focus groups. Created an organic reach strategy by using local popular socialites as models for advertising and friend referrals and testimonies to reach new clients. Used event photography to connect with new customers after the event, and to further advertise in new circles. Used twitter to get user experience suggestions.
Promotions included many price packages for different demographics of people; price positioning was key in identifying strengths opposite our competition.
Created a merchandising department to produce more income and give consumer incentive to return.
very poor work environment with no Senior Management nor managerial support
RN (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2015
Worst place to work. Overworked and understaffed. No support from Senior Management nor managerial support. You're there to work with no voice. Nothing is done about bullies especially if the bullies are managers and there are a lot of them. Stay away from this hospital.
Awesome
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2015
Awesome team to work with! learn a lot every day about the health and medical field. for someone who's interested in the medical field and writing about it
Health & Safety Work
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2014
At the Ottawa Hospital, I worked within a department called Occupational health Services. The main part of my job was conducting N95 respiratory mask fit testing for staff. When I was not fit testing, I assisted the H&S Officer with investigations and incident reports.
Pros
I met many people and helped them all
Cons
Potential long hours
Ottawa Hospital
Radiation Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 December 2014
Typical day at work: responding to email, meeting clients to support their safety needs, giving training or set up training, responding to phone enquiries, verify compliance and update records

What I learned: all tasks related to an hospital environment

Management: setting up corporate goals to be reached annually

Co-workers: my second family

Hardest part of the job: get clients to be compliant

Most enjoyable part of the job: get projects done and hear that clients are happy for what you have done for them
Pros
Flexible hours
great work place/ team work oriented
Inpatient Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 September 2014
I truly enjoy working at the Ottawa Hospital as an inpatient ward clerk where team work and communication is crucial. Helping others great pay
Decent place to work.
Security (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 August 2014
Pay and benefits are awesome; however I would work for less if there were more attention and respect given to the individual employee.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of respect for individual employee.
What stage are you at in your career?
Consultant - Senior Management (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario1 July 2014
Lack of direction and strategic planning. If you are looking to gain experience in a large organization The Ottawa Hospital offers this. Unfortunately the work ethic and environment is lacking and leads to a staff that is sub-standard.
Pros
Good Pension Plan
Cons
Lack of leadership, strategic vision, employee recognition and retention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Hopital d'Ottawa. Our community is ready to answer.

L'Hopital d'Ottawa Reviews by Location