Founded in 1976 by Olivier Baussan, L'OCCITANE is an international manufacturer and retailer of skincare, body care, fragrance and hair care from Provence. Sold in over 90 countries around the world, through a wide network of boutiques and strategic partners, L'OCCITANE creates high quality, efficient and sensorial products formulated with traceable, natural and active ingredients inspired by Provencal traditions and offering the experience of well-being. It seeks to create harmony, which links the pleasure of the senses with inner balance. The products range from skincare to home fragrances. All are manufactured in the time-honoured traditional way using fine natural ingredients, primarily from Provence.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and competent individual for the position of District Manager for the GTA & Ottawa area.
The District Manager is responsible for managing an assigned area or local district comprised of up to 10 boutiques and with boutique managers reporting directly to the position. The District Manager will report directly to the National Sales Manager and work collaboratively with other management personnel in retail, logistics, marketing, and human resources. The District Manager is a leader within the geographical area and is responsible and fully accountable for the financial, operational, and human resources aspects of the assigned geographical area. The District Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Company's mission statement, values, brand, and strategies are followed to increase brand recognition, sales and profits.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Manage and execute sales strategies as set out by Company.
- Assist National Sales Manager by providing input in the development of sales strategies and programs.
- Assist National Sales Manager with budget forecasting and setting boutiques sales targets.
- Uses the Key Performance Indicators to highlight priorities and increase sales performance.
- Analyze key business metrics and create action plans to achieve goals daily.
- Participate and fully engage in National/District/Area Management meetings and provide feedback on Company initiatives and programs.
- Source, hire, develop and retain highly skilled and motivated boutique managers and teams.
- Consistently seek talent and network to create a pool of qualified candidates.
- Assess boutiques management performance through structured performance reviews and train, coach, and guide boutiques management utilizing a variety of techniques that will ensure learning and talent development. Builds succession plans for boutique teams for future growth.
Prepare and lead sales meetings to motivate and educate boutique management and allow for sharing of ideas by boutique management.
- Conduct effective, structured and timely boutique visits.
- Ensure that all boutiques are fully staffed and productivity standards are being met and continuously improved upon.
- Ensure that boutiques comply with and execute company policies and procedures in areas of marketing, merchandising, human resources, loss prevention, safety, and sales and customer service.
- Ensure exceptional customer service levels are maintained by boutiques to both internal and external customers.
- Assist managers and sales associates build and nurture long term customer relationships
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership and people development skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and seek counsel from business partners as needed
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills
- Willingness to collaborate with business partners to achieve results and have successful implementations and programs.
- Ability to remember ingredients, our True Stories, and product knowledge
- High level of energy and motivation to succeed
- Excellent ability to communicate to internal and external customers (verbal & written)
- Willingness to learn and grow and constantly look for ways to improve oneself and others
- Professional and energetic attitude
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods throughout work day while conducting boutique visits or providing coverage to boutiques
- Must be able to travel by car or airplane to conduct boutique visits
- Post-secondary education in retail management is an asset
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years multiunit management experience in retail or hospitality industry
- Minimum of 5 years retail or hospitality industry management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license and access to vehicle
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be flexible to travel at least 80% of time with possible overnight stays
We offer the following in exchange for your efforts:
- Competitive salary/compensation
- Excellent monthly bonus opportunities
- Generous discount on products
- Excellent health, dental, vision care, and insurance benefits package
- Developmental opportunities in a rapidly growing company
To learn more about our Company and True Stories please visit www.loccitane.ca
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume indicating 'District Manager: GTA & Ottawa' in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in L'OCCITANE, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted