Founded in 1976 by Olivier Baussan, L'OCCITANE is an international manufacturer and retailer of skincare, body care, fragrance and hair care from Provence. Sold in over 90 countries around the world, through a wide network of boutiques and strategic partners. L'OCCITANE creates high quality, efficient and sensorial products formulated with traceable, natural and active ingredients inspired by Provencal traditions and offering the experience of well-being. It seeks to create harmony, which links the pleasure of the senses with inner balance. The products range from skincare to home fragrances. All are manufactured in the time-honoured traditional way using fine natural ingredients, primarily from Provence.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and competent individual for a one year full time contract (with possibility of extension) for the position of Boutique Manager in Rideau Centre.
The Boutique Manager is responsible for managing the Boutique and will report directly to the Area Manager and work collaboratively with other management personnel in retail, logistics, marketing, and human resources. The Boutique Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s mission statement, values, brand, and strategies are followed to increase brand recognition, sales and profits.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Focus on providing exceptional customer service and assist customers with their choices of products
- Develop knowledge of skincare and provide expertise to clients
- Must be able to perform the L’Occitane Rituals (hand massage, mini facials etc.)
- Develop strong product knowledge on the entire L’Occitane product line, including True Stories
- Maintain all stock inventory replenishment levels as per Company policies and best practice
- Follow all company policies and procedures with regard to POS usage
- Implement all aspects of boutique merchandising & visuals to the expected international standards
- Responsible for all boutique operations as per the Company’s standards and responsible for training all team members to the same standards
- Uses teamwork to assist all associates in providing excellent customer service and maintaining boutique standards
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all associates within the boutique
- Constantly looking for new areas of promotion and marketing within the local boutique area and working with the Area Manager or National Retail Manager to implement new ways of recruiting new clients
- Accountable for total boutique sales results including key category results, average baskets, and boutique overall conversion rates
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to build and nurture long term customer relationships
- Ability to remember ingredients, our True Stories, and product knowledge
- High level of energy and motivation to succeed
- Excellent ability to communicate to internal and external customers (verbal & written)
- Willingness to learn and grow and constantly look for ways to improve oneself and others
- Professional and energetic attitude
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods throughout the work day
- Must be able to travel by car, train or plane for company training and meetings
- Post secondary education in retail management is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years of management retail experience, in the cosmetics industry is an asset
- Experience with POS systems is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be flexible to work evenings & weekends as required
We offer the following in exchange for your efforts:
- Competitive salary/compensation
- Excellent monthly bonus opportunities
- Generous discount on products
- Excellent health, dental, vision care, and insurance benefits package
- Developmental opportunities in a rapidly growing company
To learn more about our Company and True Stories please visit www.loccitane.ca
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume, referencing ‘Rideau Boutique Manager’ in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in L’OCCITANE, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.