Founded in 1976 by Olivier Baussan, L'OCCITANE is an international manufacturer and retailer of skincare, body care, fragrance and hair care from Provence. Sold in over 90 countries around the world, through a wide network of boutiques and strategic partners. L'OCCITANE creates high quality, efficient and sensorial products formulated with traceable, natural and active ingredients inspired by Provencial traditions and offering the experience of well-being. It seeks to create harmony, which links the pleasure of the senses with inner balance. The products range from skincare to home fragrances. All are manufactured in the time-honoured traditional way using fine natural ingredients, primarily from Provence.
We are currently seeking a motivated and competent individual for the position of Assistant Manager at our Yorkdale Boutique.
The Assistant Manager reports directly to the Boutique Manager and is responsible for assisting the Boutique Manager in running the daily operations, ensure overall store success driving sales, reinforcing operations, merchandising and store associate development as well as overall service and brand integrity for the individual boutique.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Focus on providing exceptional customer service and assist customers with their choices of products
- Develop strong product knowledge on the entire L’Occitane product line, including True Stories and provide constant training to associates
- Assist with maintaining all stock inventory replenishment levels as per Company policies and communicate needs to Boutique Manager
- Must be able to perform the L’Occitane Rituals (hand massage, mini facials etc.)
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including POS usage
- Implement all aspects of boutique merchandising & visuals
- Assist with all boutique operations as per the Company’s standards and responsible for training all team members to the same standards
- Uses teamwork to assist all associates in providing excellent customer service and maintaining boutique standards
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all associates within the boutique
- Assist with recruitment, management, and retention
- Accountable for total boutique sales results including key category results, average sales, boutique overall conversion rates and holds staff accountable to these standards
- Assist the Boutique Manager in all aspects of management, store operations, and strive to continuously develop in an effort to become a Boutique Manager
- Assume the responsibilities of the Boutique Manager when required
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to build and nurture long term customer and employee relations
- Ability to remember ingredients, our True Stories, and product knowledge
- High level of energy and motivation to succeed
- Excellent ability to communicate to internal and external customers (verbal & written)
- Willingness to learn and grow and constantly look for ways to improve oneself and others
- Good understanding of financial tools and KPIs
- Professional and energetic attitude
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods throughout the work day
- Must be able to travel by car, train or plane for company training and meetings
- Post secondary education in retail management is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience (cosmetics industry is an asset)
- Minimum of 1 year of management or assistant management retail experience
- Experience with POS systems, an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
We offer the following in exchange for your efforts:
- Competitive salary/compensation
- Excellent monthly bonus opportunities
- Generous discount on products
- Excellent health, dental, vision care, and insurance benefits package
- Developmental opportunities in a rapidly growing company
To learn more about our Company and True Stories please visit www.loccitane.ca
If you are interested in the position, please email your cover letter and resume indicating reference “Assistant Manager – Yorkdale” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in L’OCCITANE, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Customers who shop at the L'Occitane counter count on high-end cosmetics and other luxuries. L'Occitane (pronounced "lox-ee-tahn") makes...