L’Arche Edmonton is looking for a Community Support Worker to work on an as-needed basis (relief) with people with developmental disabilities in our homes in Sherwood Park, AB.
We are a faith-based organization of people with and without developmental disabilities sharing life in community. We are committed to building mutual relationships, celebrating the unique gifts of each person, and working together to build a more human society.
- Supports the individuals with developmental disabilities in programs and activities, for example, artistic expressions, volunteer opportunities, leisure activities and local community involvement.
- Assists individuals with personal care and hygiene, emotional support, mobility support, health and safety needs . . .
- Shares with other team members in daily housekeeping chores to ensure that the home is safe, clean, well managed and welcoming to all. This includes cleaning, shopping, cooking, driving, laundry, gardening . . .
- Have relevant and current educational/professional training.
- Have some experience with seniors/persons with disabilities.
Indeed - 21 months ago