Kwantlen Polytechnic University Employee Reviews

Organizing, Planning, and Quiet
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 1, 2016
1. I learned alot about planning and organizing as I worked as a library assistant
2. I got to work privately, but monitored by the manager
3. I got to help mini projects for the manager
4. I got to enjoy working privately and set schedule for each shifts
Pros
time goes fast
Cons
short hour shift
Part time position
Lab assistant (student) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 1, 2016
This was a part time position for students only and I did it while taking some IT courses. It was a flexible job but very low income.
Learned about imaging workstations for different curriculum.
Pros
Flexible job
Cons
Low income
Very engaging but also laid-back employment.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 25, 2016
Working at Kwantlen Polytechnic University has been both flexible and positive overall. As a Student Assistant I maintained the space in the Aboriginal Gathering Place as a receptionist, and a lot of the day was just basic clerical duties, maintaining the space and working with the coordinator. Events would happen and a lot of students would use the space to study. This was really not too difficult to handle, and the scheduling was always incredibly flexible.
Reliable, dedicated and motivated
Assistant Instructor, Anthropology (Former Employee) –  Boston Bar, BCApril 25, 2016
I will work hard to further your company's goals and develop valuable programming to further the positive view of your company.
Good student job, worth the experience
Mathematics and Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 1, 2016
Helping other students is a very rewarding experience, and the working environment is good. Great people as well. Just don't rely on this to pay the bills.
Pros
Rewarding, good workplace environment
Cons
Low pay
Great place to learn about Trades
Student (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BCNovember 23, 2015
I took my welding program at Kwantlen College. The courses were in-debt, I was able to learn a lot and now I am ready to put my skills to use.
fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 24, 2015
Since I am is a volunteer at school, I don't have a typical day at work. When events are hold, I will cheak my schedule. If I'm free, I go to help.
My co-workers are very nice. Sometimes the Volunteer Program has something outings for volunteers and we like the outings.
I love to be a volunteer because I can meet many friends and I have more chances to enhance myself. In the Volunteer Program, there are many different jobs, such as food service attendant, poster promoter and etc.
Pros
meet many friends and enhance myself
Cons
rare work shift at the weekends
Nice environment; good people
Administrative Assistant, University Secretariat (Current Employee) –  Surrey BCMarch 9, 2015
This is a very nice place to work. The staff are top notch and the working conditions are very good. The benefits are excellent and the salary is average.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lower than average salaries
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a very good employer and provide good training to new hires.
Auxiliary Bookstore Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 17, 2015
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a very good employer. It's reputation as a very competitive university extends to them being an employer. They ensure that new hires are provided with good training and are given enough information before starting. They offer good salary and the routine is easy to get used to.
Good institution
Student (Former Employee) –  SurreyMay 19, 2014
Educated and co- operative staff makes the studies very easy and understanable.
Kwantlen is a College that provides many courses that help people get the education they need for the job they desire
Preschool Assistant and Childcare (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 25, 2013
Kwantlen provides many courses. People come to Kwantlen to take many different courses that will help prepare them for the job they want to take. They also have a program for people with disabilities called The Access Program for People with Disabilities. The program is provided to teach them different job skills and has Work Experience for hands on work.
Pros
you learn different job skills, you may get hired for work
Cons
not everyone gets hired for work, you graduate when you get a job, even it's a job that you won't be able to keep
Work Environment
Student Assistant for Disable (Former Employee) –  Surrey bcSeptember 24, 2013
At some moment of my employment, i felt like they lack professionalism and they are very unfair toward shift distribution. They will create excuses to dismiss employee especially in the SSD dept
Cons
too many