Kwantlen Polytechnic University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun work place
Volunteer (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMay 24, 2015
Pros: meet many friends and enhance myself
Cons: rare work shift at the weekends
Since I am is a volunteer at school, I don't have a typical day at work. When events are hold, I will cheak my schedule. If I'm free, I go to help.
My co-workers are very nice. Sometimes the Volunteer Program has something outings for volunteers and we like the outings.
I love to be a volunteer because I can meet many friends and I have more chances to enhance myself. In the Volunteer Program, there are many different jobs, such as food service attendant, poster promoter and etc.
Nice environment; good people
Administrative Assistant, University Secretariat (Current Employee), Surrey BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: lower than average salaries
This is a very nice place to work. The staff are top notch and the working conditions are very good. The benefits are excellent and the salary is average.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a very good employer and provide good training to new hires.
Auxiliary Bookstore Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 17, 2015
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a very good employer. It's reputation as a very competitive university extends to them being an employer. They ensure that new hires are provided with good training and are given enough information before starting. They offer good salary and the routine is easy to get used to.
Good institution
Student (Former Employee), SurreyMay 19, 2014
Educated and co- operative staff makes the studies very easy and understanable.
Kwantlen is a College that provides many courses that help people get the education they need for the job they desire
Preschool Assistant and Childcare (Former Employee), Surrey, BCNovember 25, 2013
Pros: you learn different job skills, you may get hired for work
Cons: not everyone gets hired for work, you graduate when you get a job, even it's a job that you won't be able to keep
Kwantlen provides many courses. People come to Kwantlen to take many different courses that will help prepare them for the job they want to take. They also have a program for people with disabilities called The Access Program for People with Disabilities. The program is provided to teach them different job skills and has Work Experience for hands on work.
Hands on Work with Students with Disabilities
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 25, 2012
Pros: working on campus
Cons: not enough hours
Sitting with students while they right an exam. I get the opportunity to proctor the students as they write their exams. When required I verbally read out the exam for those who cannot read it. I also can scribe for students who have difficulty writing.