We are currently expanding our Design Department and are seeking an experienced, energetic, creative Design Assistant to work closely with our Designer.
Assist the Apparel and Accessories Designer in the creation and development of bi-annual apparel collections in addition to mainline products.
Duties will include:
- Developing artwork for fabric prints, embroideries and graphic embellishments.
- Inspecting samples for fit, styling and quality control.
- Assisting the Designer with all graphic and colour strike-offs submitted.
- Multi-tasking and managing day-to-day work flow.
- 1-2 years industry experience.
- Post-secondary school education in Fashion Design or related field.
- Fluency in MAC operating system.
- Experience in Adobe software, especially Illustrator, with a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good understanding of apparel design and fit, colour theory and fashion trends relating to the children’s wear industry.
- Prior knowledge and experience with garment embellishment techniques – including but not limited to screen printing, embroidery, appliqué and combination embellishments.
- Ability to remain organized and multi-task in a fast paced work environment, adapting to constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Team work oriented.
- Excellent oral communication, reading and writing skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by emailing their resume. Kushies will require a complete portfolio and examples of creative abilities.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Baby Products Manufacturer in Stoney Creek, Ontario